Technical Consultant IT-QA | SW Support, Implementation, Testing, and Operation2015 - 2020Freelance Work
- Supported the migration and upgrade of a US postal service with the SOAP API and LAMP servers. Added new features with C++ and PHP programming and testing.
- Upgraded the LAMP server versions of PHP, MySQL, Apache Web Server, and adapted applications. Installed and configured Nagios monitoring systems.
- Migrated databases and performed unit, integration, and regression testing.
- Upgraded several web services with Drupal, Magento CRM/eCommerce, and regression testing.
- Fixed bugs within the LAMP servers with integration testing. Several of these bug-fixing projects were caused by hackers.
- Improved the service security, hardened the system defenses, and tested them.
- Performed manual and automated testing of a web trading platform with TestComplete for a European pharmaceutical company.
- Implemented manual testing of an AWS-hosted medical risk management tool with mobile and desktop access for health industries. I also performed RESTful API testing with Postman/Newman and JMeter.
- Implemented test processes for an EU pharmaceutical company. Created requirement specs and developed test plans. Selected and integrated testing tools (SmartBear, TestComplete) in Jira-Zephyr. Built automated smoke tests in several AWS environments.
- Performed QA processes created for an international startup company (blockchain data). Implemented Rest API testing with Postman and Newman (JS). Conducted performance testing with JMeter.
Senior Technical Consultant2012 - 2014Devoteam GmbH
Technologies: QA Testing, QA Test Plan Management, Test Case Creation, E2E Testing, Manual QA, Quality Assurance (QA), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Provisioning Tools, Billing, IT Business Analysis, Test Planning, SQL, Writing & Editing, Bug Triage, Jira, QA Leadership, Python, Exploratory Testing
- Acted as a quality acceptance manager BSS (QA) for the client Vodafone (onsite). Managed the external test factory, test team in India, all the while cooperating with another international consultancy firm; also managed the release upgrade and outsourcing projects.
- Led the formal acceptance processes in the areas of provisioning, billing- and customer care-systems, cross-domain integration test coordination, and the IT service transition referring ITIL v3.
- Analyzed test plans, fulfilled business- and technical requirements, and developed use cases for UAT tests.
- Planned the software releases and solution designs; was responsible for huge test environments, data migrations, data anonymization, and SW documentation.
- Supported business customers' technical teams.
- Integrated multiple BSS (enterprise) services and extensions; this was part of major projects of the customer Vodafone which required a high level of management attention.
- Performed defect management and technical project management.
- Oversaw the requirement engineering in the areas of provisioning, billing, and customer care systems.
- Analyzed operational requirements and test requirements.
- Documented the solution and solution design and reviewed the requirements and product specification.
- Analyzed operational processes, created operational manuals, and planned the process.
- Implemented and tested IBAN bank transfer processes in all the business services for the client Vodafone. IBAN Bank numbers were a legal requirement of EU government and it had a major impact on the company.
- Handled the outsourcing of test services and development processes to newly acquired teams in Bangalore, India.
- Gained significant experience in cross-cultural communication and management.
Project Manager2010 - 2012TIeto
Technologies: QA Test Plan Management, Test Case Creation, Test Case Execution, Sales, Provisioning Tools, BSS, Billing, Test Planning, SQL, Writing & Editing, Bug Triage, QA Leadership
- Acted as an onsite acceptance test manager for BSS software in the European mobile telecom industry for the client Vodafone.
- Managed the new software releases of multiple BSS systems for customer care and billing areas; web-based services using JBoss, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Designed test plans, managed test teams, acted as the QA of central system components in customer care and billing areas.
- Developed, based on business requirements, the use cases for the user acceptance test, UAT.
- Managed the quality assurance projects.
- Documented, reported, and trained project and operational teams.
Implementation Manager | Test Manager2009 - 2010Mformation
Technologies: QA Testing, Manual Testing, QA Test Plan Management, Quality Assurance (QA), WinRunner, Apache JMeter, SoapUI, Microsoft Project, Visio, Microsoft 365, PuTTY, Bugzilla, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Oracle, Solaris, Web Services, Java, Mobile Device Management (MDM), SQL, Writing & Editing, Bug Triage, Exploratory Testing
- Managed the deployment of a mobile device management system project.
- Implemented and tested the extensions of services with multiple language user interfaces for the above management system project.
- Implemented mobile device configuration software.
- Performed the system testing of the JBoss based multi-server web architecture, interface tests, integration tests, performance tests, and documentation.
- Found and managed the defects found in a Java, JBoss, Unix, and Oracle environment.
- Managed projects and instigated changes in the management of software enhancements.
- Conducted training of the operations teams.
Deployment Manager, Mobile Device Management System2008 - 2008Mformation
Technologies: C++, Git Repository, Manual QA, Linux, Oracle, JBoss, Java, Mobile, Test Planning, SQL, Writing & Editing
- Installed, integrated, and deployed mobile device management services.
- Conducted integration tests (SOAP API).
- Planned and documented installations.
- Tested mobile devices.
- Found and managed defects.
Test Engineer2007 - 2007ATOS Origin GmbH
Technologies: QA Testing, Manual Testing, E2E Testing, Manual QA, Quality Assurance (QA), Linux, Solaris, Oracle, Test Planning, SQL
- Created test concepts.
- Handled test executions.
- Researched and wrote reports.
Project Manager, Network Engineering2000 - 2006Sunrise Communications AG (Switzerland)
Technologies: QA Testing, Alcatel, Networks, GSM, HP NonStop SQL, Oracle, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, UX, Test Planning, SQL, Unix, Writing & Editing, Bug Triage
- Managed the implementation of a localization service of mobile devices after emergency call 112, referring to European regulations.
- Acted as a location services expert, managed the project, and led the contact with the Swiss regulator BAKOM. Together with other Swiss experts and in cooperation with BAKOM, conducted a feasibility analysis, solution specification, vendor selection, and vendor management.
- Managed the project, designed the solution, tested, and managed the tests concerning the implementation of a new configuration service for mobile devices.
- Handled the project management and solution design of a location-based billing project to offer a home tariff for mobile customers that would substitute landline phones.
- Designed the solutions, managed the projects, and tested many replacement projects. A notable few were the replacement of a prepaid IVR (interactive voice response) and the migration of IVR refill payment services.
- Consolidated several exiting IN systems (intelligent network system, mobile and fixed) with a new next-generation IN.
- Replaced the prepaid system and migrated the service to the new IN system; introduced Camel 2 and performed testing.