Quality Assurance Developer in San Isidro de El General, San José Province, Costa Rica
Technical Consultant IT-QA (SW Support, Implementation, Testing, and Operation)2015 - 2017Freelance Work
Technologies: Linux Server, PHP, C++, MySQL, Apache (LAMP), Bash
- Supported the migration and upgrade of a US Postal Service with the SOAP API and LAMP Servers. Added new features with C++ and PHP programming and testing.
- Upgraded the LAMP server versions of PHP, MySQL, Apache Web Server, and adapted applications. Installed and configured Nagios monitoring systems.
- Migrated databases; performed unit- integration-, and regression testing.
- Upgraded several web services with Drupal, Magento CRM/eCommerce, and regression testing.
- Fixed bugs within the LAMP servers with integration testing. Several of these bug-fixing projects were caused by hackers.
- Improved the service security, hardened the system defenses, and tested them.
Senior Technical Consultant2012 - 2014Devoteam GmbH
Technologies: IT Business Services (Billing, Provisioning, CRM, ERP, Sales)
- Acted as a quality acceptance manager BSS (QA) for the client Vodafone (onsite). Managed the external test factory, test team in India, all the while cooperating with another international consultancy firm; also managed the release upgrade and outsourcing projects.
- Led the formal acceptance processes in the areas of provisioning, billing- and customer care-systems, cross-domain integration test coordination, and the IT service transition referring ITIL v3.
- Analyzed test plans, fulfilled business- and technical requirements, and developed use cases for UAT tests.
- Planned the software releases and solution designs; was responsible for huge test environments, data migrations, data anonymization, and SW documentation.
- Supported business customers' technical teams.
- Integrated multiple BSS (enterprise) services and extensions; this was part of major projects of the customer Vodafone which required a high level of management attention.
- Performed defect management and technical project management.
- Oversaw the requirement engineering in the areas of provisioning, billing, and customer care systems.
- Analyzed operational requirements and test requirements.
- Documented the solution and solution design and reviewed the requirements and product specification.
- Analyzed operational processes, created operational manuals, and planned the process.
- Implemented and tested IBAN bank transfer processes in all the business services for the client Vodafone. IBAN Bank numbers were a legal requirement of EU government and it had a major impact on the company.
- Handled the outsourcing of test services and development processes to newly acquired teams in Bangalore, India.
- Gained significant experience in cross-cultural communication and management.
Project Manager2010 - 2012TIeto
Technologies: IT BSS Enterprise Software in Billing, Customer Care, Provisioning, Sales Systems
- Acted as an onsite acceptance test manager for BSS software in the European mobile telecom industry for the client Vodafone.
- Managed the new software releases of multiple BSS systems for customer care and billing areas; web-based services using JBoss, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Designed test plans, managed test teams, acted as the QA of central system components in customer care and billing areas.
- Developed, based on business requirements, the use cases for the user acceptance test, UAT.
- Managed the quality assurance projects.
- Documented, reported, and trained project and operational teams.
Implementation Manager | Test Manager2009 - 2010Mformation
Technologies: Mobile Device Management Services, Java Web Services, Sun Solaris, Oracle, JBoss, Tomcat, Bugzilla, Putty, MS Office, Visio, MS Project, SoapUI, JMeter, WinRunner
- Managed the deployment of a mobile device management system project.
- Implemented and tested the extensions of services with multiple language user interfaces for the above management system project.
- Implemented mobile device configuration software.
- Performed the system testing of the JBoss based multi-server web architecture, interface tests, integration tests, performance tests, and documentation.
- Found and managed the defects found in a Java, JBoss, Unix, and Oracle environment.
- Managed projects and instigated changes in the management of software enhancements.
- Conducted training of the operations teams.
Deployment Manager, Mobile Device Management System2008 - 2008Mformation
Technologies: Mobile Device Configuration, Java, JBoss, Oracle, Linux Systems
- Installed, integrated, and deployed mobile device management services.
- Conducted integration tests (SOAP API).
- Planned and documented installations.
- Tested mobile devices.
- Found and managed defects.
Test Engineer2007 - 2007ATOS Origin GmbH
Technologies: OTA System (Mobile Telecom), Oracle, Sun Solaris, Linux
- Created test concepts.
- Handled test executions.
- Researched and wrote reports.
Project Manager, Network Engineering2000 - 2006Sunrise Communications AG (Switzerland)
Technologies: HP UX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, Nonstop Systems, Nokia GSM Networks, Alcatel
- Managed the implementation of a localization service of mobile devices after emergency call 112, referring to European regulations.
- Acted as a location services expert, managed the project, and led the contact with the Swiss regulator BAKOM. Together with other Swiss experts and in cooperation with BAKOM, conducted a feasibility analysis, solution specification, vendor selection, and vendor management.
- Managed the project, designed the solution, tested, and managed the tests concerning the implementation of a new configuration service for mobile devices.
- Handled the project management and solution design of a location-based billing project to offer a home tariff for mobile customers that would substitute landline phones.
- Designed the solutions, managed the projects, and tested many replacement projects. A notable few were the replacement of a prepaid IVR (interactive voice response) and the migration of IVR refill payment services.
- Consolidated several exiting IN systems (intelligent network system, mobile and fixed) with a new next-generation IN.
- Replaced the prepaid system and migrated the service to the new IN system; introduced Camel 2 and performed testing.
- Testing of the New IBAN Bank Transfer Processes (Other amazing things)
I implemented and tested the IBAN bank transfer processes in all the business services for my client, Vodafone. The IBAN bank numbers were a legal requirement for the EU government and it had a major impact on the company.
- Mobile Telecommunication Service Home-Based Billing (Development)
I managed the project and designed the solution for a location-based billing project. The project goal was to offer a home tariff for mobile customers in order to replace landline phones.
Due to my expertise in mobile location services, I acted as the technical project manager and led the contact for the Swiss regulator BAKOM. Together with other Swiss experts and in cooperation with BAKOM, I conducted a feasibility analysis, worked on the solution specifications, and selected and managed vendors.
- Management of Outsourced Test Services (Development)
I managed the offshoring/outsourcing of certain test services and development processes to new teams in Bangalore, India. During this time, I gained significant experience in cross-cultural communication and management.
Libraries/APIsSelenium WebDriver, REST APIs
ToolsGit, HP Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Project, GitHub, SoapUI, Bugzilla, WinRunner, gSOAP, Nagios, Jira, Bitbucket, Apache JMeter, Jenkins, KVM/Qemu
ParadigmsPRINCE2, E2E Testing, Testing, Agile Software Development
PlatformsLinux, Windows, Unix, Drupal 8, Android, Symbian, Docker
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle DBMS, MongoDB
OtherProject Planning, Quality Auditing, ITIL V3 Foundation Certified, Quality Assurance (QA), SOA Architecture, SOAP, API Testing, Projects, Agile Software Testing
LanguagesC, C++, Bash Script, Python 3, PHP, Java, Perl, XML
- Certification in PRINCE2 Project Management2014 - 2014The APM Group Ltd - Germany
- Certification in ITIL v3 - Foundation (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)2011 - 2011The APMG Group Ltd - Germany
- Diplom Ingenieur (Engineer's degree) in Electrical Engineering and Communications Technology1989 - 1995Hochschule Niederrhein, University of Applied Sciences - Krefeld, Germany