Technical Consultant IT-QA (SW Support, Implementation, Testing, and Operation)2015 - 2017Freelance Work
Technologies: Linux Server, PHP, C++, MySQL, Apache (LAMP), Bash
- Supported the migration and upgrade of a US Postal Service with the SOAP API and LAMP Servers. Added new features with C++ and PHP programming and testing.
- Upgraded the LAMP server versions of PHP, MySQL, Apache Web Server, and adapted applications. Installed and configured Nagios monitoring systems.
- Migrated databases; performed unit- integration-, and regression testing.
- Upgraded several web services with Drupal, Magento CRM/eCommerce, and regression testing.
- Fixed bugs within the LAMP servers with integration testing. Several of these bug-fixing projects were caused by hackers.
- Improved the service security, hardened the system defenses, and tested them.
Senior Technical Consultant2012 - 2014Devoteam GmbH
Technologies: IT Business Services (Billing, Provisioning, CRM, ERP, Sales)
- Acted as a quality acceptance manager BSS (QA) for the client Vodafone (onsite). Managed the external test factory, test team in India, all the while cooperating with another international consultancy firm; also managed the release upgrade and outsourcing projects.
- Led the formal acceptance processes in the areas of provisioning, billing- and customer care-systems, cross-domain integration test coordination, and the IT service transition referring ITIL v3.
- Analyzed test plans, fulfilled business- and technical requirements, and developed use cases for UAT tests.
- Planned the software releases and solution designs; was responsible for huge test environments, data migrations, data anonymization, and SW documentation.
- Supported business customers' technical teams.
- Integrated multiple BSS (enterprise) services and extensions; this was part of major projects of the customer Vodafone which required a high level of management attention.
- Performed defect management and technical project management.
- Oversaw the requirement engineering in the areas of provisioning, billing, and customer care systems.
- Analyzed operational requirements and test requirements.
- Documented the solution and solution design and reviewed the requirements and product specification.
- Analyzed operational processes, created operational manuals, and planned the process.
- Implemented and tested IBAN bank transfer processes in all the business services for the client Vodafone. IBAN Bank numbers were a legal requirement of EU government and it had a major impact on the company.
- Handled the outsourcing of test services and development processes to newly acquired teams in Bangalore, India.
- Gained significant experience in cross-cultural communication and management.
Project Manager2010 - 2012TIeto
Technologies: IT BSS Enterprise Software in Billing, Customer Care, Provisioning, Sales Systems
- Acted as an onsite acceptance test manager for BSS software in the European mobile telecom industry for the client Vodafone.
- Managed the new software releases of multiple BSS systems for customer care and billing areas; web-based services using JBoss, Tomcat, and Oracle.
- Designed test plans, managed test teams, acted as the QA of central system components in customer care and billing areas.
- Developed, based on business requirements, the use cases for the user acceptance test, UAT.
- Managed the quality assurance projects.
- Documented, reported, and trained project and operational teams.
Implementation Manager | Test Manager2009 - 2010Mformation
Technologies: Mobile Device Management Services, Java Web Services, Sun Solaris, Oracle, JBoss, Tomcat, Bugzilla, Putty, MS Office, Visio, MS Project, SoapUI, JMeter, WinRunner
- Managed the deployment of a mobile device management system project.
- Implemented and tested the extensions of services with multiple language user interfaces for the above management system project.
- Implemented mobile device configuration software.
- Performed the system testing of the JBoss based multi-server web architecture, interface tests, integration tests, performance tests, and documentation.
- Found and managed the defects found in a Java, JBoss, Unix, and Oracle environment.
- Managed projects and instigated changes in the management of software enhancements.
- Conducted training of the operations teams.
Deployment Manager, Mobile Device Management System2008 - 2008Mformation
Technologies: Mobile Device Configuration, Java, JBoss, Oracle, Linux Systems
- Installed, integrated, and deployed mobile device management services.
- Conducted integration tests (SOAP API).
- Planned and documented installations.
- Tested mobile devices.
- Found and managed defects.
Test Engineer2007 - 2007ATOS Origin GmbH
Technologies: OTA System (Mobile Telecom), Oracle, Sun Solaris, Linux
- Created test concepts.
- Handled test executions.
- Researched and wrote reports.
Project Manager, Network Engineering2000 - 2006Sunrise Communications AG (Switzerland)
Technologies: HP UX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, Nonstop Systems, Nokia GSM Networks, Alcatel
- Managed the implementation of a localization service of mobile devices after emergency call 112, referring to European regulations.
- Acted as a location services expert, managed the project, and led the contact with the Swiss regulator BAKOM. Together with other Swiss experts and in cooperation with BAKOM, conducted a feasibility analysis, solution specification, vendor selection, and vendor management.
- Managed the project, designed the solution, tested, and managed the tests concerning the implementation of a new configuration service for mobile devices.
- Handled the project management and solution design of a location-based billing project to offer a home tariff for mobile customers that would substitute landline phones.
- Designed the solutions, managed the projects, and tested many replacement projects. A notable few were the replacement of a prepaid IVR (interactive voice response) and the migration of IVR refill payment services.
- Consolidated several exiting IN systems (intelligent network system, mobile and fixed) with a new next-generation IN.
- Replaced the prepaid system and migrated the service to the new IN system; introduced Camel 2 and performed testing.