Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTCengage Learning
- Scaled Java and Node.js web services to accommodate a 3X increase in load to handle 10,000 concurrent users with minimal performance degradation and almost eliminate downtime.
- Improved front-end react/redux app performance by orders of magnitude to address critical performance issues in a short time and save valuable customer accounts.
- Proposed and implemented a solution for merging content updates into existing courses which greatly reduced the amount of work needed by internal employees.
- Reduced cloud computing costs by eliminating unnecessary components and implementing autoscaling.
Software Developer III2014 - 2016Cengage Learning
- Migrated courseware platform from ground servers to AWS servers (EC2, RDS, Elasticache, ElasticSearch) to enable more control over server architecture.
- Investigated production outages during off-hours and quickly found solutions to resume service.
Web Developer2014 - 2014North American Bancard
- Created mock data fixtures for mobile point of sale (platform) to aid testing and development.
- Implemented a system to collect and index application logs using Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK), and rabbitMQ enabling easier searching of log messages.
- Set up an open-source Q/A engine to better document internal knowledge.
Web Developer2013 - 2014Team Detroit
Technologies: Concrete5, MySQL, PHP, CSS, HTML
- Converted mockups into pixel perfect webpages.
- Developed multilingual websites using LAMP stack and Concrete5 framework for content management.