Verified Expert in Engineering
Brandon is an AWS certified solutions architect with 15 years of professional experience in software engineering, digital marketing, and technical consulting. Along with extensive experience across numerous programming languages and open-source technologies, Brandon is an effective communicator with high business acumen and a passion for solving challenging business problems.
Heroku, PostgreSQL, Node.js, React, GraphQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Leadership, Web Architecture, Team Building
The most amazing...
...software I've made was a web analytics platform that used 1 million+ phone numbers to accurately track online visitors to offline telesales conversions.
Chief Technology Officer
- Worked on a project Kabook!, a publisher of personalized children's books, where our goal was to instill a love of reading in young people by engaging them with high-quality, personalized storybooks.
- Was responsible for the entire technology stack that powers a patent-pending system to style children's photos using AI.
- Built and maintained a custom eCommerce solution to allow customers to build bespoke products with direct back-end integration with suppliers and drop shippers.
- Worked closely with the CEO to implemented inbound digital marketing campaigns and track user-level metrics to provide invaluable conversion metrics for our early-stage business.
- Architected a serverless solution that powers previews and hi-fi renderings of custom children's books that scales horizontally to support hundreds of concurrent customers building and previewing their custom books.
- Integrated third-party partners to allow our books to be sold through their platforms.
Technical Co-founder | Full-stack Engineer | Entrepreneur
- Founded this company with a passion for business and technology. ModernUp was founded with two goals in mind: help early-stage tech companies/startups maximize potential and develop proprietary software to allow businesses to operate more efficiently.
- Acted as the technical co-founder for three Charlotte-based startups. The industries included early childhood development, commercial security monitoring, and a direct-to-consumer product.
- Developed a platform to deliver video and geolocation data directly to dispatched police officers to decrease response time and increase office safety.
- Created a real-time communication platform for a finance group to syndicate stock market analysis and trade alerts to hundreds of subscribers daily.
- Built a suite of cross-platform desktop apps designed to easily combine, query, and export data from disparate data sources(Anticipated beta release May 2017).
- Worked with marketing teams to establish Facebook ads and Google AdWords strategies. Leveraged pixel-conversions to optimize targeting and increase revenue per click.
Director of Software Engineering
- Acted as the technical leader of several impactful business initiatives including real-time analytics platforms, data warehousing/BI, and marketing technologies. Focused on engineering solutions to help facilitate business needs.
- Worked as the lead engineer of proprietary web analytics and conversion tracking platform. The system is an integral part of daily operations enabling fine granularity within the marketing funnel.
- Pioneered BI platform with a focus on real time, incremental ETL to address a company-wide need for accurate and fast reporting across 15 business units, data pipelines, ETL, and a transformation of large transaction data in near real time.
- Understood the methodologies of data multiplexing and synchronization.
- Led a team of ten software engineers who supported various business units. Handled and was responsible for creating/maintaining agile workflows, setting business expectations, and communicating the progress to the senior leadership.
- Introduced several new technologies to the existing tech stack including Node.js, Redis, and MongoDB. Worked as a technical lead of an R&D group focused on using technology to create additional marketing channels.
- Implemented and maintained the solutions for tracking millions of paid search keywords using Google AdWords and Bing Ads APIs. Decreased the data storage requirements by 85%.
- Implemented solutions for various marketing channels; paid search, SEO, remarketing, and online lead generation. These include solutions for tracking click-to-call volume, natural search backlink-tracking, and analyzing display impressions.
- Completed Red Venture’s senior leadership program—an exclusive six-month program focused on cultivating talent for broader leadership opportunities within the organization.
Lead Web Developer
- Specialized in middle-tier applications for the web—implementing patterns like MVC, ORM, and OOP with the goal of making applications more robust, scalable, and easier to maintain. Contributed to open-source PHP projects: CakePHP and Zend Framework.
- Developed multiple web applications using the Zend Framework and CakePHP frameworks. Applications include community-lead, lead-generation, affiliate systems, CMS/CRM, and internal employee dashboards which helped synergize various company projects.
- Designed and was responsible for maintaining sites generating $1 million+ in gross revenue yearly and 200,000 monthly page views.
- Designed and optimized large-scale MySQL databases using advanced techniques like stored procedures, triggers, and complex queries.
- Built internal SEO tools necessary to track and exploit a highly competitive landscape.
Redux, Nuxt.js, Electron, React Native, Laravel, Symfony, Zend Framework
Vue, Vuex, Facebook Ads API, Google AdWords, React, Node.js, Stripe
AWS SDK, Atom, Git, Amazon ElastiCache, Docker Compose, Moz
ETL, ETL Implementation & Design, REST, Agile Software Development, DevOps, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, AWS Lambda, Docker, LAMP, Heroku
Redis, Data Integration, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hasura, Amazon DynamoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL
Serverless, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Web Analytics, Facebook Promotion & Advertisement, Big Data, Source Control Management, Business, Marketing Tools, Web Marketing, APIs, Startups, Software Development, Front-end Development, Front-end, AWS Certified Solution Architect, eCommerce, Leadership, Team Building
Associate's Degree in Computer Science
College of Charleston - Charleston, SC, USA
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate