Chief Technology Officer2019 - PRESENTKabook
Technologies: Node.js, Vue, Serverless, AWS, eCommerce, Stripe, GraphQL
- Worked on a project Kabook!, a publisher of personalized children's books, where our goal was to instill a love of reading in young people by engaging them with high-quality, personalized storybooks.
- Was responsible for the entire technology stack that powers a patent-pending system to style children's photos using AI.
- Built and maintained a custom eCommerce solution to allow customers to build bespoke products with direct back-end integration with suppliers and drop shippers.
- Worked closely with the CEO to implemented inbound digital marketing campaigns and track user-level metrics to provide invaluable conversion metrics for our early-stage business.
- Architected a serverless solution that powers previews and hi-fi renderings of custom children's books that scales horizontally to support hundreds of concurrent customers building and previewing their custom books.
- Integrated third-party partners to allow our books to be sold through their platforms.
Technical Co-founder | Full-stack Engineer | Entrepreneur2015 - PRESENTModernUp
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Symfony, Laravel, PHP, Amazon DynamoDB, Firebase, Redis, NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Go, AWS, React, Vue, Node.js
- Founded this company with a passion for business and technology. ModernUp was founded with two goals in mind: help early-stage tech companies/startups maximize potential and develop proprietary software to allow businesses to operate more efficiently.
- Acted as the technical co-founder for three Charlotte-based startups. The industries included early childhood development, commercial security monitoring, and a direct-to-consumer product.
- Developed a platform to deliver video and geolocation data directly to dispatched police officers to decrease response time and increase office safety.
- Created a real-time communication platform for a finance group to syndicate stock market analysis and trade alerts to hundreds of subscribers daily.
- Built a suite of cross-platform desktop apps designed to easily combine, query, and export data from disparate data sources(Anticipated beta release May 2017).
- Worked with marketing teams to establish Facebook ads and Google AdWords strategies. Leveraged pixel-conversions to optimize targeting and increase revenue per click.
Director of Software Engineering2010 - 2015Red Ventures
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Zend Framework, Symfony, PHP, Java, AWS, Redis, MySQL, Node.js
- Acted as the technical leader of several impactful business initiatives including real-time analytics platforms, data warehousing/BI, and marketing technologies. Focused on engineering solutions to help facilitate business needs.
- Worked as the lead engineer of proprietary web analytics and conversion tracking platform. The system is an integral part of daily operations enabling fine granularity within the marketing funnel.
- Pioneered BI platform with a focus on real time, incremental ETL to address a company-wide need for accurate and fast reporting across 15 business units, data pipelines, ETL, and a transformation of large transaction data in near real time.
- Understood the methodologies of data multiplexing and synchronization.
- Led a team of ten software engineers who supported various business units. Handled and was responsible for creating/maintaining agile workflows, setting business expectations, and communicating the progress to the senior leadership.
- Introduced several new technologies to the existing tech stack including Node.js, Redis, and MongoDB. Worked as a technical lead of an R&D group focused on using technology to create additional marketing channels.
- Implemented and maintained the solutions for tracking millions of paid search keywords using Google AdWords and Bing Ads APIs. Decreased the data storage requirements by 85%.
- Implemented solutions for various marketing channels; paid search, SEO, remarketing, and online lead generation. These include solutions for tracking click-to-call volume, natural search backlink-tracking, and analyzing display impressions.
- Completed Red Venture’s senior leadership program—an exclusive six-month program focused on cultivating talent for broader leadership opportunities within the organization.
Lead Web Developer2004 - 20104most
Technologies: Moz, CSS, HTML, Front-end, LAMP
- Specialized in middle-tier applications for the web—implementing patterns like MVC, ORM, and OOP with the goal of making applications more robust, scalable, and easier to maintain. Contributed to open-source PHP projects: CakePHP and Zend Framework.
- Developed multiple web applications using the Zend Framework and CakePHP frameworks. Applications include community-lead, lead-generation, affiliate systems, CMS/CRM, and internal employee dashboards which helped synergize various company projects.
- Designed and was responsible for maintaining sites generating $1 million+ in gross revenue yearly and 200,000 monthly page views.
- Designed and optimized large-scale MySQL databases using advanced techniques like stored procedures, triggers, and complex queries.
- Built internal SEO tools necessary to track and exploit a highly competitive landscape.