Verified Expert in Engineering
Brandon is an experienced full-stack developer who loves the process of bringing a person's vision to life through building applications. His biggest strength is that he can develop products quickly while not sacrificing quality. He also believes clear communication is key to exceeding expectations. Brandon is keen on TypeScript, which has allowed him flexibility in both back-end and front-end development.
TypeScript, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu, Video Streaming
The most amazing...
...bug I've fixed is a critical production error based on a deprecated package. I saved my company's relationship with multiple clients as a junior developer!
Full-stack Developer for a Healthcare Products Company
Colgate-Palmolive - Main
- Fixed and deployed several existing production bugs while refactoring and improving the stability and legibility of a legacy codebase.
- Learned and leveraged Shopify's legacy Liquid templating engine within a few days, contributing to the codebase only days after onboarding.
- Completed over 30 Jira issues and assisted other developers with completing their tasks.
Front-end React Developer to Build an App from Figma Designs
- Created a reusable React hook that allowed simple and scalable asynchronous connections from the front end to the back end with React Query.
- Learned and leveraged the LoopBack framework to update and manage the Node.js back end, including API endpoints, database structure, and third-party integrations.
- Successfully managed and communicated with a team of two developers in entirely different time zones, minimizing any delays in development.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Fully developed the back-end and front-end marketing organizational tool for Millicom, a leading telecommunications company in Latin America.
- Led a team of three developers to rapidly develop multiple MVP projects in a small strict timeframe.
- Maintained multiple codebases for high-value clients. I also reviewed the code of various developers for quality and consistency.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Led communication and expectation management for a team of four developers. This included handling daily meetings and much of the bureaucracy that working fully remote at a vast corporation encompasses.
- Developed the front-end dashboard using React, C3.js, and D3.js, where I built several layered interactive graphs to display complex data in a digestible manner.
- Oversaw the deployment and completion of the application within the expected contracted timeline of one year.
- Led the re-organization and documentation of the legacy codebase to allow for easier onboarding and future feature implementation.
- Assisted in structuring a Jenkins pipeline, helping build more stable processes for CI/CD.
- Built and deployed many front-end features for a live production application.
- Developed a rapid prototype process that spins up authentication, the back-end data model, reusable front-end components, and async logic within minutes.
- Single-handedly built a voting application for conference presentations with React Native, which leveraged GraphQL subscriptions for real-time voting and user feedback.
- Managed native dependencies and front-end async logic for the React Native app for the world's largest boat MLS.
- Introduced new concepts to the curriculum that streamlined concepts and increased the passing rate by around 15%.
- Assisted students by breaking down core concepts of programming to effectively understand and tackle problems.
- Lectured students on the fundamentals of software development, including the introduction of data structures and algorithms.
H3 & Me
This product was fully developed, designed, and architected by me.
Florida Blue Internal Dashboard
It was a fully remote job, and I worked as the lead front-end developer. I handled most of the communication and code management processes. We leveraged D3.js and C3.js to create many types of graphs and charts to present the data in an easily digestible way.
I worked on the front-end portion, updating the existing search features and handling some dependency management with iOS and Android builds.
Redux, Express.js, Realtime, React Native, Unity, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
React, Node.js, React Router, C3.js, D3.js, AWS Amplify, Vue
Jira, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Expo
REST, Agile, Hosting
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Twilio, Ubuntu, Docker, iOS, Android
PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Software Development, Code Versioning, Styled-components, Front-end, Full-stack, Software Architecture, Technical Leadership, API Integration, Video Chat, Live Chat, Stripe Subscriptions, Remote Team Leadership, Web Dashboards, Video Streaming, Cloud Platforms, Push Notifications, Web Notifications, Education, Responsive UI
Bachelor's Degree in Game Design
University of Central Florida - Orlando, FL
24 Week Software Engineering Immersive