Software Engineer II2016 - 2019Comscore
Technologies: Git, C#, AWS, Jenkins, Capistrano, Ruby
- Automated test suites and deploy frameworks using tools like Ruby, Selenium Webdriver, AWS, C#, and Jenkins, reducing both human error and manual resources.
- Supported project developers, QA specialists, and the release team, identifying areas for automation, coordinating with affected parties, and developing new suites using a Kanban workflow.
- Researched new solutions in a constantly evolving environment to streamline code and keep it as up-to-date and error-free as possible.
- Managed the SCM team's multi-quarter deploy automation initiative, aimed to fully automate software deployments for over a dozen products end-to-end, reducing human error and reducing necessary weekly man-hours by 75%. Developed in Ruby with integrations with Jenkins, AWS, and Capistrano.
- Pioneered a new automation system for the QA team, providing the software for them to design their own testing suites, enabling them to increase testing coverage and reduce manual site verifications. Developed in C# with a Selenium Webdriver framework.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016Rentrak
Technologies: Git, Selenium, Jira, Jenkins, Bash, Ruby
- Reviewed pending software updates, testing new code against automated test suites and serving as a gatekeeper to ensure consistent and reliable site availability.
- Maintained test suites and developed new test cases to keep up with constantly evolving code.
- Coordinated with teammates, project developers, and QA specialists to support an Agile SDLC, responsible for daily and weekly deployments, emergency releases, and unforeseen code rollbacks.
Systems Process Analyst2009 - 2013Rentrak
Technologies: Excel, Bash, SQL
- Worked with development teams to streamline and automate processes and bridge the gap between clients, internal users, and software engineers to ensure the most efficient use of limited resources.
- Aided the research team to provide custom reports that better serve our clients, and created new tools to more effectively monitor the data, revealing potential issues before the customer discovered them and minimizing data impact.
- Served as resource and leader to peers, advising on troubleshooting, actively seeking out education and teaching newly acquired techniques, and alleviating demand for management and developer involvement.
- Monitored customer data, and researched inconsistencies to ensure accurate data for the consumer and maintain the professional integrity of the company.
- Worked with the customer service and linear teams to promote inter-departmental integration and knowledge, supplying a well-rounded understanding of customers in all capacities.
- Assisted with key clients to provide premium service.
Customer Support Engineer2008 - 2009Selectron Technologies
Technologies: Windows, C#
- Worked with a team and integrated projects with multiple departments to swiftly address customer concerns, apply solutions in a timely manner, provide optimizing options, and accurately and efficiently educate the customer in unfamiliar areas.
- Remotely supported software for county and city interactive voice response (IVR) systems, troubleshooting code bugs, programming fixes, and configuring systems tailored to each customer's needs.
- Executed quarterly maintenance checks and updates for 200 customers to proactively detect and resolve problems before they negatively affect system functionality.