Owner | Designer | Developer2016 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Built and maintained relationships with clients and agencies.
- Art directed, designed, and developed agency-level websites.
- Developed and designed fully customized websites from the ground up.
- Worked with a variety of CMSs, including Craft CMS, WordPress, Zendesk, Wix, Shopify, Squarespace, and more.
- Collaborated with a variety of clients, including Duolingo, Calm, CN Rail, Syncrude, University of British Columbia, McDonald's, Subway, Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority, Alberta Federation of Labour, AIMCo, Rockefeller Foundation, and more.
- Utilized various command-line tools, including Git, Node.js, Webpack, Gulp, and Composer.
Senior Web Developer2012 - 2016Vendasta Technologies, Inc.
- Handled and was liable for all the internal and external marketing assets.
- Created a new corporate website and marketing materials.
- Increased the recruitment and saw the company double in size in less than a year.
- Contributed to strategies and was involved with marketing to major clients such as Hearst, Dow Jones, and McLatchy.
- Trained and oversaw an additional designer and developer.
Lead Designer2014 - 2015Parity Publishing, Inc.
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, InDesign CC, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, HTML
- Worked with tight deadlines, specifically with a weekly release schedule.
- Managed the layout of spreads, including image placement, story flow, typography, and more.
- Communicated with the clients to create advertisements and balanced their requests with a good design sense.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the company website.