Owner | Designer | Web Developer2016 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Front-end, Adobe Suite
- Built and maintained relationships with clients and agencies.
- Crafted logo, website, and UI designs.
- Developed and designed websites from the ground up.
- Worked with a variety of CMSs including Craft CMS, WordPress, Zendesk, Wix, Shopify, SquareSpace and more.
- Worked with a variety of clients including Syncrude, University of British Columbia, McDonald's, Subway, ARC Resources, Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority, Alberta Federation of Labour, Alberta Investment Management Corporation, Blondie Boutique, Flaman Fitness, Broda Construction Group, and more.
- Used various command-line tools including Node.js, Webpack, and Gulp.
Senior Web Developer2012 - 2016Vendasta Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Adobe Suite, Front-end, Python
- Handled and was responsible for all the internal and external assets.
- Created a new corporate website and marketing materials.
- Increased recruitment and saw the company double in size in less than a year.
- Contributed to strategies and was involved with marketing to major clients such as Hearst, Dow Jones, and McLatchy.
- Trained and oversaw an additional designer/developer.
Lead Designer2014 - 2015Parity Publishing, Inc.
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Adobe Suite
- Worked with tight deadlines (a weekly magazine).
- Managed the lay out of spreads, including image placement and typography.
- Communicated with clients to create advertisements—balancing their requests with good design sense.
- Designed, developed, and maintained a responsive WordPress website.