- Web Developer, CTOeDivv, Inc. (Contract)2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, SASS, jQuery, Stripe, Twitter Bootstrap, Algolia, Stamps.com, USPS
- Implemented an online marketplace and bartering platform for trading beauty products.
- Provided post-development technical leadership to the executive and development team, including reviewing code, generating business flows and wireframes, and other consultation services.
- Identified performance bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization on the Heroku hosting platform.
- Technology & Business ConsultantThe Capital Web LLC (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, Rspec, Capybara
- Performed a high-level evaluation of the business and product.
- Offered advice and guidance on which features to consider building based on the relative costs/benefits, timelines, etc.
- Provided recommendations on useful tools and services to help achieve business and product goals.
- Discussed startup business strategy.
- Web DeveloperNafasi (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Twitter Bootstrap, Rspec, Capybara
- Completely re-designed the visual design of the user interface using a custom Twitter Bootstrap theme.
- Designed a LinkedIn-like profile page with in-place editing and updating using AJAX and server-side rendered templates.
- Implemented a downloadable custom PDF report using HTML-to-PDF rendering techniques to ensure proper formatting and layout of the final document.
- Instituted an automating testing policy and implemented a complete integration test suite to provide full coverage of new features.
- Added analytics tracking to the web application using Segment, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics.
- Used modern methods of social engagement such as commenting, up/down voting, etc. to allow users to engage and collaborate on application-specific items.
- Web DeveloperCurated (via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Zapier, Mandrill, PostgreSQL, REST API
- Built a custom Zapier app with triggers and actions specific to the Curated software service to allow integration with hundreds of other Zapier-supported software services.
- Created a system for triggering and subscribing to web hooks for various application events.
- Implemented time-based, recurring, and event-triggered transactional emails containing summary reports and user-action reminders.
- Optimized the performance of click- and open-rate statistics reports using counter caches and denormalized tables rather than ad-hoc SQL queries.
- Implemented the next-generation (v2) of a legacy REST API with updated conventions, best practices, and code improvements.
- Web DeveloperBuster, Inc. (Contract)2015 - 2015
- Helped launch a fully redesigned 2nd generation of this product over a 3 month period.
- Created a custom, rules-based engine for scheduling and sending customer leads to qualified vendors within the system in order to maximize profit.
- Web DeveloperMap-tac LLC (Contract)2013 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Heroku, SASS, CoffeeScript, jQuery, Google Maps
- Designed and built a custom itinerary building tool and marketplace for travel professionals and their clients.
- Created a custom search algorithm for indexing and finding tours based on user criteria using Elasticsearch.
- Developed a custom tagging tool for marking trip destinations using Yahoo!'s GeoPlanet API.
- Built a white-labeled search engine front-end featuring fully data-driven theming, branding, and content curation.
- Integrated dozens of third-party data feeds from suppliers, normalizing the data to allow the search engine user experience to be consistent regardless of the content's source.
- Web DeveloperAffirmify, LLC (Contract)2011 - 2012
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, SASS, jQuery, Chargify
- Designed and implemented a response management software-as-a-service system for HR professionals.
- Built a multi-tenant account system with custom subdomains for each subscriber.
- Implemented a subscription-based payment model using Chargify.
- Senior Software EngineerTotal Computer Software2008 - 2011
- Designed and implemented a system-wide data searching algorithm and accompanying user interface.
- Architected and implemented an inter-agency data sharing system using C#, the .NET framework, and Windows Communication Foundation with an emphasis on interoperability, distributability, and security.
- Designed and implemented a mapping system integrated with ESRI ArcGIS web services to display maps, locate addresses, and retrieve geo-data.
- Discovered and corrected architectural design flaws to improve program efficiency and performance.
- Maintained a data-driven user interface validation system to enforce good data input.
- Handled user interface development using Windows Presentation Foundation.