Web Developer2016 - PRESENTStandard International Management, LLC (Contract)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, PostgreSQL, CSS, Bootstrap, Haml, Capybara, RSpec, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented a site-wide redesign and front-end overhaul targeting both desktop and mobile devices. Incorporated responsive image best practices to maximize performance and page speed ranking for SEO.
- Enhanced the CMS to allow new page types to be created, including a careers portal for job listings, promotional campaign landing pages, and a radio page with the embedded player.
- Enabled multi-language support for both static and user-generated content coming from the CMS using i18n localization.
- Built a Shopify store using a customized theme to ensure cohesive branding between the shop and the main hotel website.
- Performed maintenance, performance tuning, and code refactoring to improve the quality of the codebase.
Lead Web Developer2017 - 2021BiG Media (Contract)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Bootstrap, Capybara, RSpec, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Created a live streaming product allowing video production companies to shoot remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Delivered collaboration tools, supported multi-camera shoots, and addressed latency challenges using multiple streaming protocols.
- Designed and implemented an industry-specific product for digitally signing, storing, and managing contracts for video production companies. Supported both web browser and iOS clients using an internal API using JSON:API specification.
- Built an AI-powered tool for detecting and confirming the presence of faces and other data in a piece of video footage. Used this data to dynamically generate Excel reports used by the industry for compliance and reporting.
- Managed a team of internationally-located freelance developers. Responsible for code reviews, feature scoping, and project management.
Technology and Business Consultant2016 - 2016The Capital Web, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: Capybara, RSpec, Heroku, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Performed a high-level evaluation of the business and product.
- Offered advice and guidance on which features to consider building based on the relative costs/benefits, timelines, etc.
- Provided recommendations on useful tools and services to help achieve business and product goals.
- Discussed startup business strategy.
Web Developer2015 - 2016Nafasi (Contract)
Technologies: Capybara, RSpec, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Bootstrap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Completely redesigned the visual user interface using a custom Twitter Bootstrap theme.
- Designed a LinkedIn-like profile page with in-place editing and updating using Ajax and server-side rendered templates.
- Implemented a downloadable custom PDF report using HTML-to-PDF rendering techniques to ensure proper formatting and layout of the final document.
- Instituted an automating testing policy and implemented a complete integration test suite to provide full coverage of new features.
- Added analytics tracking to the web application using Segment, Mixpanel, and Google Analytics.
- Used modern methods of social engagement such as commenting, up/down voting, etc. to allow users to engage and collaborate on application-specific items.
Lead Web Developer, CTO2013 - 2016eDivv, Inc. (Contract)
Technologies: Stamps, Algolia, Stripe, Heroku, jQuery, Sass, Twitter, Capybara, RSpec, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Implemented an online marketplace and bartering platform for trading beauty products.
- Provided technical leadership to the executive and development team, including reviewing code, generating business flows and wireframes, and other consultation services.
- Identified performance bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization on the Heroku hosting platform.
Web Developer2015 - 2015Curated (Contract)
Technologies: REST APIs, PostgreSQL, Mandrill, Zapier, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built a custom Zapier app with triggers and actions specific to the Curated software service to allow integration with hundreds of other Zapier-supported software services.
- Created a system for triggering and subscribing to web hooks for various application events.
- Implemented time-based, recurring, and event-triggered transactional emails containing summary reports and user-action reminders.
- Optimized the performance of click- and open-rate statistics reports using counter caches and denormalized tables rather than ad-hoc SQL queries.
- Implemented the next-generation (v2) of a legacy REST API with updated conventions, best practices, and code improvements.
Web Developer2015 - 2015Buster, Inc. (Contract)
- Helped launch a fully redesigned second generation of this product over a three-month period.
- Created a custom, rules-based engine for scheduling and sending customer leads to qualified vendors within the system in order to maximize profit.
Lead Web Developer2013 - 2015Map-tac LLC (Contract)
Technologies: Google Maps, jQuery, CoffeeScript, Sass, Heroku, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Designed and built a custom itinerary building tool and marketplace for travel professionals and their clients.
- Created a custom search algorithm for indexing and finding tours based on user criteria using Elasticsearch.
- Integrated dozens of third-party data feeds from suppliers, normalizing the data to allow the search engine user experience to be consistent regardless of the content's source.
- Developed a custom tagging tool for marking trip destinations using Yahoo!'s GeoPlanet API.
- Built a white-labeled search engine front-end featuring fully data-driven theming, branding, and content curation.
Lead Web Developer2011 - 2012Affirmify, LLC (Contract)
Technologies: Chargify, jQuery, OOCSS, Sass, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Designed and implemented a response management software-as-a-service system for HR professionals.
- Implemented a custom designed user interface using Object-Oriented CSS principles.
- Built a multi-tenant account system with custom subdomains for each subscriber.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2011Total Computer Software
- Designed and implemented a system-wide data searching algorithm and accompanying user interface.
- Architected and implemented an inter-agency data sharing system using C#, the .NET framework, and Windows Communication Foundation with an emphasis on interoperability, distributability, and security.
- Created a mapping system integrated with ESRI ArcGIS web services to display maps, locate addresses, and retrieve geo-data.
- Discovered and corrected architectural design flaws to improve program efficiency and performance. Maintained a data-driven user interface validation system to enforce good data input.
- Guest speaker at the EMEA international public safety conference in Barcelona, Spain for an audience of over eighty people to discuss cloud computing.
- Invited to collaborate with project managers and developers to improve and test software for the .NET 4.0 framework at the Microsoft Technology Centers in San Francisco and New York City.