Lead Engineer2014 - PRESENTJumpshell
- Designed, built, and maintained a web application for rental agents to communicate with clients, manage work, and report leases.
- Provided on-call support 24/7 for maintenance and troubleshooting of multiple deployments and applications.
- Created a Google Maps and React web application to explore city neighborhoods.
- Created a server-side rendering system (including data fetching and routing) to allow complex client React pages to be crawled by search engines.
- Interfaced directly with users and stakeholders to define features and test prototypes of web applications.
- Led the visual design (including mockups) for a mobile and desktop web application.
Web Designer and Developer2016 - 2016Ionic Materials
- Designed the company's public web presence. Created mockups and prototypes to solicit feedback.
- Hosted the site using Github Pages CDN.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015LogicNow
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, MySQL, AngularJS, Django, Python
- Modeled and built a web application for finding IT professionals using Python and Django. Based the application on provided mockups and specifications.
- Created client pages and forms from mock-ups and stylesheets using Angular JS.
- Implemented a geographic search and index system on MySQL.
- Deployed the application on Amazon Web Services (AWS) using Elastic Beanstalk and Docker containers.
- Collaborated with a distributed remote team of four.
Lead Data Scientist2013 - 2014Dealix
Technologies: Web.py, Linux, R, MySQL, Python
- Created data processing systems, web services, and web scrapers in Python.
- Designed predictive models in Python and R for user behavior and preferences. Analyzed user data with MySQL and R.
- Built a recommendation engine for similar products; increased profit by over $100K per month.
- Created a web scraper to retrieve real-time data from a partner. Used data to increase profit by $30K per month.
- Designed advertisement optimization and learning system. Implemented it on a web server and increased profit by $20K per month.
Graduate Researcher2011 - 2013MIT
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Excel, R, Python
- Implemented econometric and Monte Carlo analyses in R, SAS JMP, and Excel.
- Developed a forecasting model for global automobile usage and emissions in 2050.
- Led the first comprehensive life-cycle assessment (LCA) for Cummins, Inc.
- Presented results of LCA to Cummins’ CTO and the Director of Global Environmental Sustainability.
- Served as a teaching assistant for a class of 40 MIT undergraduate and graduate students.
Software Systems Engineer2009 - 2011National Instruments
Technologies: C++, LabVIEW
- Selected as a founding member of the Product Partner Program, charged with nurturing NI’s external developer community through consulting and product features.
- Managed development of a large outsourced partner project. Served as technical liaison to major software partners.
- Created product feature specifications and led a team of engineers through implementation and testing (C++).
- Traveled internationally to present technical sessions and meet with key accounts.
- Selected as a founding member of the Product Partner Program.
- Achieved highest LabVIEW certification (Architect) in three years – youngest in the company.
Software Product Support Engineer2008 - 2009National Instruments
Technologies: C++, LabVIEW
- Led software quality efforts for NI’s largest and most popular product, LabVIEW (C++ code base).
- Assisted key customer accounts with troubleshooting. Actively worked with developers to generate solutions.
- Trained NI Applications Engineers around the world and served as their technical expert.
- Created software certification examinations for internal and external use.
Applications Engineer2008 - 2008National Instruments
Technologies: C#, LabVIEW
- Created proof of concepts for customers and sales managers in LabVIEW and C#.
- Assisted customers with automated vision, motion control, real-time OS, and FPGA products.
- Taught software courses to professors and engineers. Presented products at trade shows.