QA Contractor (Test Automation)2017 - 2018nCrypt
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, Git, TestRail, JIRA
- Built and maintained the entire test automation framework from the ground up using Selenium WebDriver with Java, TestNG, ExtentReports, and Maven.
- Automated web regression test cases.
- Provided a test automation framework demo and test coverage progress reports to stakeholders.
- Performed manual testing on nCrypt's bitcoin and bitcoin cash exchange web application.
Senior QA Automation Engineer2016 - 2017BCAA
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, SQL, Git, SVN, Bamboo, TestLink, Swagger, Postman, pgAdmin
- Automated the regression test suites for an insurance web application.
- Contributed to the development and maintenance of the test automation framework.
- Conducted code reviews for team members and provided feedback.
- Automated RESTful services testing using the REST Assured API for the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) project.
- Performed manual web, database, and iPhone testing.
Test Lead2015 - 2016Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, Python, PyUnit, Git, TestLink, WAVE, Firefox Accessibility Evaluation Toolbar
- Created a test automation framework from scratch using Selenium WebDriver, Python, PyUnit, Protractor, Jasmine.
- Developed automated regression test suites for a government intranet web application built on WordPress platform.
- Wrote the test strategy document for the project. Gathered project and business requirements to outline all the testing approaches.
- Provided QA training to junior testers.
- Created and executed web accessibility (WCAG 2.0) test cases.
Software Test Developer2015 - 2015Ecobee
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, Python, PyUnit, SVN, Jenkins, TestLink
- Developed automated tests for a web application that allowed users to configure Ecobee's WiFi-enabled thermostat.
- Maintained and troubleshot the automation environments.
- Monitored automation test results daily and fixed bugs as needed.
- Mentored junior automation testers on coding standards.
QA Contractor – Test Automation2014 - 2014Carebook Health Technologies
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, C#, NUnit, Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio Web Performance Test, Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Created the test automation framework from the ground up using Selenium WebDriver with C# and NUnit.
- Developed web UI test automation scripts for Carebook's preventative health management system.
- Mentored offshore QA testers on creating effective and maintainable test suites to provide maximum test coverage for different testing phases.
- Wrote performance test scripts using Visual Studio Web Performance Test.
- Performed functional, regression, web, and mobile testing on Carebook's SaaS platform.
- Analyzed functional specs, requirements, and workflow designs.
Senior QA Analyst2013 - 2014Western Union
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, HP Quality Center, Trello, Version One, Selenium IDE
- Analyzed the business requirements, UI workflow, and database design to create and execute test cases on a transaction monitoring and alert management system for detecting money laundering patterns for regulatory compliance (PEP, Worldcheck, Dodd-Frank).
- Designed the test plan and test case templates.
- Created the entire regression testing suite.
- Performed black box and white box functional, regression, integration, database, and UI testing.
- Set up HP Quality Center as a test management system to create traceability for releases, business requirements, test cases, test execution results, and defects.
- Provided test coverage and defect summary reports for project releases.
Project Test Team Lead | Senior Quality Assurance Tester2011 - 2013Provincial Health Services Authority
Technologies: Selenium WebDriver, Java, HP QTP, VBScript, HP Quality Center, HP Sprinter, JIRA
- Performed functional, integration, regression, security, and automated testing for a renal patient information management system used across BC renal clinics and hospitals.
- Managed a team of four testers, defined scope of testing, planned and led project testing efforts, established and standardized QA processes. Developed the test strategy. Participated in UAT planning and triaged user feedback.
- Evaluated, recommended, and coordinated the purchase and training of test management, requirements management, test automation, and bug tracking tools. Set up and maintained all QA tools.
- Designed test plan, test case, and defect templates.
- Developed test estimations.
- Determined QA resource needs and participated in the QA hiring process.
Software Tester2010 - 2011The Active Network
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, JIRA, Oracle Database Client, Microsoft Network Monitor, Web Accessibility Tool Bar for IE, Wave Tool Bar, Firefox Accessibility Extension, JAWS Screen Reader, IIS
- Analyzed functional specifications, created and executed test cases for point of sale (POS), payment transaction processing, and event registration systems.
- Tested the SQL encryption for payment data transmission from client to server using a Microsoft Network monitor.
- Performed website accessibility testing for ADA compliance.
- Presented demos of new software features to stakeholders and customers.
- Collaborated with offshore developers and testers.
- Implemented hardware testing on cash drawers, receipt printers, validation printers, scanners, and webcams.
Software Developer2010 - 2010SAP Business Objects
Technologies: C++, Visual Studio
- Added and modified installation features to the Business Objects Enterprise application on both Windows and Unix platforms.
Software Developer2008 - 2008Currenex
- Converted all of the embedded test code into JUnit test cases.
- Gathered the requirements, then developed the user interface design, and implemented both front-end and back-end code.
- Wrote SQL database queries.
- Managed the integration into the main application.
- Conducted unit and integration testing.
- Added user group deletion, user filtering, and user search features to the existing application.
Software Engineer2007 - 2007MacDonald, Dettwiler, and Associates (MDA)
- Implemented classes in C++ to build a “bridge” to transport navigation aid data from the database to the front-end layers of the application.