Christopher is a mobile engineer with over seven years of experience creating native Android and iOS applications. He has a strong product sense and an eye for design. His portfolio includes a social network with millions of users, to real-time messaging and more. He also is a strong advocate of RxJava and is currently writing a book called "Reactive Programming on Android with RxJava" (https://leanpub.com/reactiveandroid).
ExperienceJava - 7 yearsAndroid - 6 yearsGit - 4 yearsPython - 3 yearsObjective-C - 3 yearsiOS - 3 yearsRxJava - 2 yearsSwift 2 - 1 year
Vim Text Editor, Xcode, Android Studio, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is several Android apps from the ground up.
Founder and Developer
Mynah Software LLC
- Began building the Android app from the ground up for a client.
- Utilized ReactiveX principles using RxJava.
- Developed a data layer that abstracts local database read/writes and network operations.
- Implemented a continuous integration system that runs unit tests after every commit and subsequently distributes a new APK to internal users if all tests pass.
- Developed a material design compliant application.
Mobile Full-stack Engineer
- Worked as part of a team to launch Operator's first iOS application, which was featured on the front page of the App Store during Black Friday.
- Built a Python OData implementation.
- Implemented a throttle mechanism for handling large concurrent requests.
- Migrated data from an older database to a redesigned/refactored database.
- Built the first Operator landing page.
Co-founder and Android Developer
Green Halo Labs
- Developed the Android app from the ground up for various Silicon Valley startups including Sprig, Fluc, and Sincerely.
- Open sourced a library on Android for autocompletion of an email address when logging in. The library was featured in an AndroidWeekly newsletter.
- Blogged and wrote about various Android tips/tricks on the Green Halo Labs blog.
- Trained junior-level developers from various startups to enable them to be autonomous and take over the codebase.
- Implemented a reusable module/library that was used by 4 applications for a client.
- Contributed to launch Edmodo's first iPad application. Implemented the authentication flow and various core components on the iPad app.
- Created the post stream, authentication screen, and various framework components for Edmodo's Android app.
- Created a tablet optimized Android application.
- Trained and mentored interns to contribute to features on the iPad application that were eventually shipped to production.
- Reimplemented the Android application to be a comply to modern design standards.
Software Designer II
- Built a web server using Jetty.
- Developed a computer vision application for HP R&D using webOS and OpenCV.
- Create a hand detection algorithm using a Kinect, IR, and RGC camera using OpenCV.
- Designed an API in Jetty that allows a client application to interface with the computer vision system.
- Implemented a 3-camera calibration mechanism using fiducials on a template image.
Meet RxJava: The Missing Reactive Programming Library for Android
How to Simplify Concurrency with Reactive Modelling on Android
Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Functional Programming, Functional Testing
Android, iOS, OS X, Heroku
Computer Vision, Software Design
RxJava, SQLAlchemy, OpenCV
GitHub, Git, Android Studio, Vim Text Editor, Xcode
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering
Rutgers University - New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA