Verified Expert in Engineering
As a highly experienced freelance software engineer, Christopher ensures that he keeps up to date with the latest technologies, and one of his greatest strengths is applying attention to the detail in designing and implementing innovative technical solutions that are also finished on time and within budget.
The most amazing...
...thing I've learned is that nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible".
Owner / Director / Software Architect
CLR Software Ltd
- Offers a can-do attitude and runs his own freelance business offering bespoke software solutions, see http://clrsoftware.co.uk.
- Developed native mobile applications (Android, Windows Mobile, iOS, and UWP) as well as cross platform solutions (Xamarin, Cordova, Ionic, and Intel XDK). Over this last year, has developed many commercial mobile applications including an app similar to Uber as-well as an app for a big national attraction that was used for a national advertising campaign. Additionally, have also recently been working with SonicTrio for the Guardian newspaper and helping to create their Guardian Windows app.
- Created cutting-edge solutions using the latest technologies and have an in-depth knowledge of writing innovative desktop applications as-well as Windows services, web services, web sites, and databases.
- Designed and developed bespoke world class solutions. Worked on the full development life cycle from design to implementation and support. The bespoke software development delivers tangible benefits, fitting the software around the client's and their business perfectly.
- Prides himself on his professional work ethic and a strong willingness to always exceed expectations. One of his greatest strengths is applying attention to detail in designing and implementing innovative technical solutions that are finished on time and within budget.
Senior Software Engineer / Architect
- BJSS is an award winning delivery focused IT consultancy (http://bjss.co.uk). Spent a great deal of time onsite with the client developing their bespoke software solutions working closely with their own development teams.
- Involved in a wide range of technologies across mobile, web and database with both client and server side technologies.
- Worked along side the HSCIC to rebuild the NHS Spine. This was a great success and saved over 21 million pounds in the first year. The system handles 400 million electronic messages per month and has to be available 24/7.
- Involved in designing and creating mobile platforms including native Android, Windows Phone, and iOS; as-well as cross platform solutions such as Xamarin, Cordova, Intel XDK, and Ionic.
- Improved reliability and coverage of automated UI testing using selenium. Additionally, extended and enhanced the low level unit tests.
Senior Software Engineer
Seven Technologies Group (Formerly Datong until 2013)
- The company reputation is founded on the provision of high quality intelligence equipment. Many of the world’s leading agencies use solutions produced by the company for gathering critical intelligence on an international scale.
- Made a major contribution in the company’s world leading GIS software systems as well as customer specific funded developments.
- Built up an extensive knowledge in a wide range of technologies across desktop, mobile, and web applications.
- Created SDKs and simulators to allow third parties to integrate with our hardware and software.
- Adopted an MVVM approach which enabled the development of shared code use across WPF, Silverlight, Websites and Windows forms.
- Worked in R and D which gave the opportunity to innovate and work with a variety of technologies.
- As the team leader, had additional responsibilities including recruiting, scoping, planning, and allocating workloads.
- As productive team work is crucial to the success of a product, worked closely with software, firmware, and hardware engineers as well as the project managers.
- As the .NET expert, mentored other developers within the team and designed the architecture of the software.
- Initially developed Windows Forms and Silverlight applications, but now predominantly work with WPF, web, and mobile applications (Windows Phone and Android).
- Created innovative web sites and services using a variety of technologies including ASP .NET MVC and Web API.
Higher Senior Engineer
Powerwave (Formerly Filtronic Comtek)
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of several custom applications across multiple facilities and databases.
- Worked on a wide range of applications for configuration, automated test, controlling process flow, and management reports.
- Built software which made the tasks less complicated allowing cheaper and less skilled labor to do essentially the same tasks.
- Initially used C++/MFC/ATL/ADO before migrating to .NET. This involved writing mixed-mode assemblies to get the .NET benefit without rewriting the legacy C++.
- Created a bespoke graphical user interface for controlling the process flow at multiple sites including China, Finland, America, and the UK.
ASP.NET Web API, Entity, Ionic, NUnit, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, MVVM Light Toolkit, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Blazor, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Jinja, AngularJS, Knockout (Knockout.js), ADO.NET, OAuth 2, .NET Core, Selenium, React Native
JSON API, Windows Forms (WinForms), Google Maps, Google Geocoding API, LINQ, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), jQuery, Entity Framework, Web API
Subversion (SVN), Microsoft Visual Studio, Intel XDK, Expression Blend, Jira, Confluence, FogBugz, Visual SourceSafe, Git, MS Silverlight, ANTS Profiler, Visual Studio, Eclipse IDE, Splunk, TestRail, Windows Installer, Xcode, Android Studio, SQL Server Profiler
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Scrum, Unit Testing, Azure DevOps, Mobile Development, DevOps, Desktop App Development, Agile, Cross-platform, Agile Software Development, Requirements Analysis, Desktop Web Design, REST, Model View Controller (MVC)
Mobile, Xamarin, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows Mobile, Windows Phone, Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Desktop, Windows, Azure, iOS, Eclipse
Azure Cloud Services, JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, LiteSpeed for SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, Riak
Xamarin.Forms, Mobile Apps, Communication, Cordova, NMEA, GPS, Maps, Skinning, UDP, TCP, FTDI, RESTful Web Services, Web Services, Multithreading, Background Threading, Windows Services, .NET MAUI, Software Design, Front-end, APIs, POP3, Globalstar, Iridium, Mixed Mode, Software Architecture, Finance, Full-stack, Mapping, Processing & Threading
1st Class BSc with Honours Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
University of Leeds - Leeds, England
A Levels (General Certificate of Education Advanced Level) Degree in Maths (A), Further Maths (A), Computing (A), Physics (B)
Wakefield College - Wakefield, England
GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) Degree in 9 GCSEs including English and Maths (7 A/A*, 1 B, 1C)
Horbury School - Wakefield, England