Software Developer2017 - 2019T4BI, Inc.
Technologies: RESTful Web Services, Java, JSP, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL
- Worked on a team developing RESTful web services in Java to support a client's new redevelopment effort, with a very large Oracle 12c database back end.
- Enhanced and maintained two legacy applications (one with JSP code, and the other using Oracle Forms and Reports). There was some design work and requirements gathering involved, as well as some data modeling and PL/SQL work. All of these projects used an agile scrum-based approach.
- Developed Java web services with Java 8 and Spring, using Lombok automation to provide getters and setters and deployed on Kubernetes.
- Maintained web service documentation in Apiary and Confluence. Task scheduling was done in Jira.
Oracle Specialist2016 - 2016ITI Technologies
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Linux, Oracle Pro*C
- Configured, troubleshot, and tested an Oracle Fusion Middleware setup.
- Ported a custom-built reporting solution from 10g to 12.2 with Oracle Reports, mod_plsql, and Pro*C components.
- Investigated and ensured consistency in database objects and grants across development, testing, and production environments.
- Assisted in recompiling and troubleshooting Oracle Forms and Reports modules.
- Investigated and developed documentation on configuration steps. Documented troubleshooting steps to assist support personnel.
Website and Application Support Specialist2015 - 2016Peninsula Yoga Society
Technologies: Drupal, MySQL, SQL
- Provided support and enhancements to a nonprofit website.
- Developed reports and provided data analysis using SQL directly against their MySQL database.
Oracle specialist2012 - 2015T4BI, Inc.
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Linux, Use cases
- Developed PL/SQL packages for member and dependent re-instatement processing in a large medical insurance system, based on use case requirements.
- Developed Oracle Reports as per use case requirements.
- Coded PL/SQL packages for data validation/verification for a custom built rules engine.
- Developed PL/SQL packages to convert six million data records into new data structures (to ultimately run within a two-hour window) according to use case requirements.
- Investigated and documented inconsistencies in data conversion input data (for correction by another team).
- Attended weekly status meetings via phone and/or online meeting software.
- Participated and worked effectively and reliably as part of a large remote team, communicated well, and ensured availability during core hours.
Lead Designer and Developer2011 - 2015EMGI Systems, Inc.
Technologies: Filemaker Pro, SQL, SQLite, Java, Objective-C
- Developed a PC-based system with Filemaker Pro for Windows and Mac, for a situational awareness system for major/catastrophic events.
- Designed and developed handheld "reporter" applications with a SQLite data store, in Java and Objective C, for iOS, Blackberry and Android devices to collect and send data to a PC-based analysis system.
Application Development and Support2007 - 2012BC Ministry of the Environment (Provincial Government)
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Unix, Shell scripting, Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Developed enhancements and bug fixes for a number of corporate and/or business-area applications.
- Led JAD sessions with end users to define requirements for system enhancements. Translated requirements into designs and develop enhancements and patches.
- Investigated bugs, diagnosed issues, and developed solutions.
- Ensured that all work and processes adhered to government and ministry standards and guidelines.
Data Modeler (Contract)2006 - 2009Integrated Land Management Bureau (ILMB; Provincial Government)
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Designer, Oracle Data Modeler, SQL, ESRI, Oracle Spatial/Locator
- Developed data models for business areas.
- Created/generated scripts for object creation and data loading.
- Worked with business areas to model their data sets for including into the corporate spatial warehouse.
Corporate DBA and Oracle Support (Contract)1996 - 2006BC Ministry of the Environment (Provincial Government)
Technologies: Oracle Toolset (Database, Forms & Reports, APEX, Discoverer, Designer, Spatial/Locator, SQL, PL/SQL), Java, Unix, ESRI, Scripting
- Provided corporate database administration support across the Ministry for all their database instances, including troubleshooting, upgrades, and planning.
- Supported application deliveries by vendors to the Ministry infrastructure. Developed guidelines and standards for application delivery.
- Assisted and guided vendors and business areas in SQL queries, tuning, etc.
- Participated in JADs and vendor client meetings to ensure that all solutions are reasonable and follow all standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshot database and application issues.
- Provided ad-hoc queries for business areas.