Oracle Specialist2016 - 2016ITI Technologies
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Linux, Oracle Pro*C
- Configured, troubleshot, and tested an Oracle Fusion Middleware setup.
- Ported a custom-built reporting solution from 10g to 12.2 with Oracle Reports, mod_plsql, and Pro*C components.
- Investigated and ensured consistency in database objects and grants across development, testing, and production environments.
- Assisted in recompiling and troubleshooting Oracle Forms and Reports modules.
- Investigated and developed documentation on configuration steps. Documented troubleshooting steps to assist support personnel.
Website and Application Support Specialist2015 - 2016Peninsula Yoga Society
Technologies: Drupal, MySQL, SQL
- Provided support and enhancements to a nonprofit website.
- Developed reports and provided data analysis using SQL directly against their MySQL database.
Oracle specialist2012 - 2015T4BI, Inc.
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Linux, Use cases
- Developed PL/SQL packages for member and dependent re-instatement processing in a large medical insurance system, based on use case requirements.
- Developed Oracle Reports as per use case requirements.
- Coded PL/SQL packages for data validation/verification for a custom built rules engine.
- Developed PL/SQL packages to convert six million data records into new data structures (to ultimately run within a two-hour window) according to use case requirements.
- Investigated and documented inconsistencies in data conversion input data (for correction by another team).
- Attended weekly status meetings via phone and/or online meeting software.
- Participated and worked effectively and reliably as part of a large remote team, communicated well, and ensured availability during core hours.
Lead Designer and Developer2011 - 2015EMGI Systems, Inc.
Technologies: Filemaker Pro, SQL, SQLite, Java, Objective-C
- Developed a PC-based system with Filemaker Pro for Windows and Mac, for a situational awareness system for major/catastrophic events.
- Designed and developed handheld "reporter" applications with a SQLite data store, in Java and Objective C, for iOS, Blackberry and Android devices to collect and send data to a PC-based analysis system.
Application Development and Support2007 - 2012BC Ministry of the Environment (Provincial Government)
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Unix, Shell scripting, Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Developed enhancements and bug fixes for a number of corporate and/or business-area applications.
- Led JAD sessions with end users to define requirements for system enhancements. Translated requirements into designs and develop enhancements and patches.
- Investigated bugs, diagnosed issues, and developed solutions.
- Ensured that all work and processes adhered to government and ministry standards and guidelines.
Data Modeler (Contract)2006 - 2009Integrated Land Management Bureau (ILMB; Provincial Government)
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Designer, Oracle Data Modeler, SQL, ESRI, Oracle Spatial/Locator
- Developed data models for business areas.
- Created/generated scripts for object creation and data loading.
- Worked with business areas to model their data sets for including into the corporate spatial warehouse.
Corporate DBA and Oracle Support (Contract)1996 - 2006BC Ministry of the Environment (Provincial Government)
Technologies: Oracle Toolset (Database, Forms & Reports, APEX, Discoverer, Designer, Spatial/Locator, SQL, PL/SQL), Java, Unix, ESRI, Scripting
- Provided corporate database administration support across the Ministry for all their database instances, including troubleshooting, upgrades, and planning.
- Supported application deliveries by vendors to the Ministry infrastructure. Developed guidelines and standards for application delivery.
- Assisted and guided vendors and business areas in SQL queries, tuning, etc.
- Participated in JADs and vendor client meetings to ensure that all solutions are reasonable and follow all standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshot database and application issues.
- Provided ad-hoc queries for business areas.