- Founder2014 - PRESENTOzora Research
Technologies: Java, PostgreSQL, NLP, ML, Amazon (EC2, RDS, Spot Market)
- Developed machine learning algorithms for sentence parsing and modeling.
- Designed, developed, and performance-tuned back-end SQL databases.
- Worked on DevOps to enable the code to run on Linux instances on the AWS cloud (S3, EC2, RDS, and Spot Market).
- Designed the software architecture in Java to ensure that all the pieces interacted smoothly.
- Lead Scientist2011 - 2014Digilant
Technologies: Java, Hadoop, MySQL, Amazon (EC2, EMR, S3), Machine Learning
- Worked as the primary developer of a big data audience analysis system.
- Programmed Hadoop, using native Java SDK, to process big data from real-time ad exchanges.
- Developed a system to connect the Hadoop output to a machine learning algorithm.
- Built a visualization/analysis back-end in MySQL to enable clients to understand the audience profile and characteristics.
- Integrated the audience analysis system with other components of the company's stack (the bidder system and the operations console).
- Wrote additional significant ETL code in Java for the company's reporting system.
- Software Developer2009 - 2010Rodale Press (Contract)
- Developed SmartCoach and SmartCoachPlus—an automated training program generator for runners.
- Developed a MySQL back-end for a second version.
- Implemented complex training program generation rules.