Founder2014 - PRESENTOzora Research
Technologies: Java, PostgreSQL, NLP, ML, Amazon (EC2, RDS, Spot Market)
- Developed machine-learning algorithms for sentence parsing and modeling.
- Designed, developed, and performance-tuned back-end SQL databases.
- Worked on DevOps to enable the code to run on Linux instances on the AWS cloud (S3, EC2, RDS, and Spot Market).
- Designed the software architecture in Java to ensure that all the pieces interacted smoothly.
Python Developer2018 - 2018Cargo Chief
Technologies: Python, NLP, MySQL, Flask, AWS
- Developed algorithms in Python to extract truck information (location, truck type, and so on) from email text; the challenge lay mainly in the widely varying text structure.
- Built a suite of evaluation, management, and analysis tools for the system using MySQL, EC2, and CI tool.
- Created an admin web app console in Flask to help developers control, analyze, and debug the core NLP components.
NLP Consultant2017 - 2018User Testing
Technologies: Python, NLP, TensorFlow, Keras
- Helped to develop an NLP system to detect sentiment in user experience narration transcripts; used Python and Keras.
- Took on the main challenge which was the limited amount of available training data; a key insight was how to use information from other datasets to help with our problem.
- Created a visualization tool that used the neural network to highlight key phrases of strong sentiment.
Lead Scientist2011 - 2014Digilant
Technologies: Java, Hadoop, MySQL, Amazon (EC2, EMR, S3), Machine Learning
- Worked as the primary developer of a big data audience analysis system.
- Programmed Hadoop, using native Java SDK, to process big data from real-time ad exchanges.
- Developed a system to connect the Hadoop output to a machine learning algorithm.
- Built a visualization/analysis back-end in MySQL to enable clients to understand the audience profile and characteristics.
- Integrated the audience analysis system with other components of the company's stack (the bidder system and the operations console).
- Wrote additional significant ETL code in Java for the company's reporting system.
Software Developer2009 - 2010Rodale Press (Contract)
- Developed SmartCoach and SmartCoachPlus—an automated training program generator for runners.
- Developed a MySQL back-end for a second version.
- Implemented complex training program generation rules.