Verified Expert in Engineering
Dan attended Hack Reactor for software engineering in 2016. Since then, he has worked with some of the largest technology companies in the world, such as Blackboard and Apple, and several notable startups. He loves to solve interesting problems and mentor younger developers. His main expertise is in front-end development, using React, although he is very comfortable working in full-stack environments.
React, CSS, SCSS, Jest, Cypress, D3.js, Node.js, Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA), WCAG 2
The most amazing...
...and fulfilling opportunity in my career was mentoring teams of developers on the fundamentals and best practices of React.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Implemented key front-end and back-end microservices using React, NestJS, and Typescript.
- Created numerous time-series data visualizations using React and D3.js.
- Rebuilt an application to full WCAG compliance with accessibility best practices.
- Built out a regression testing pipeline using Cypress and GitLab.
- Built out key UI features using React and Styled-components.
- Adhered to accessibility best practices in line with WCAG standards.
- Utilized Jest and React Testing library to write meaningful tests and follow a TDD workflow.
- Crafted and implemented various GraphQL queries and mutations.
- Designed a creative solution to capture booking data from sites using a custom Regex formula.
- Built a front-end dashboard for company administrators using React, React Router, Material-UI, and SCSS.
- Rebuilt an extension UI based off of designer requirements using React.
- Built out the back-end API and database with Node.js, Express.js, MySQL, and Sequelize.
- Assisted in facilitating the ‘Get Well’ initiative by instructing teams on the fundamentals of React.
- Served as the main engineer on the Blackboard UI Toolkit project, a React component library.
- Created the front-end user interface with React and engineered front-end logic for various modules, including institution pages, attendance, and assessments.
Bug and Task Tracking Application
Redux, NestJS, Express.js, Cypress, Jest, MUI (Material UI)
React, Node.js, Socket.IO, D3.js, React Router
GraphQL, CSS, TypeScript, SCSS, Regex
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Styled-components, Chrome Extensions, WCAG 2, Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA)