Verified Expert in Engineering
Danil is an experienced designer, product manager, and full-stack web developer with a passion for solving complex problems using the latest technologies. He was initially trained as an architect, but his diverse experience and personal drive for learning have made him a web-development triple threat—skilled in UI/UX design and front-end and back-end development. Danil excels in developing products for startups and large-scale enterprises while working individually and within larger tech teams.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Netlify, MongoDB, GitHub, FaunaDB, Adobe CC
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a web app that allows users to input a floorplan, generate a variety of office layouts, and evaluate their performance.
- Founded my own consulting and software development firm focused on bringing automation technologies to the architecture, engineering, and construction industries.
- Collaborated with several early-stage startups to develop prototypes and MVPs of new products in the property and building technology industries.
- Developed Discover, an optimization plugin and desktop app that enables generative design workflows using Rhino Grasshopper.
- Created an online learning platform focused on teaching technical skills and computational techniques to design professionals.
- Developed a React-based front-end UI for a new building design software developed in Unreal Engine.
- Created an MVP of a web-based automated building design app that can take a site boundary, a set of constraints, and program requirements and automatically generate a set of code-compliant building designs.
- Built an MVP of a web-based automated app for office floor plan layout where users can draw the boundaries of their office space, enter a set of requirements, and automatically generate a large variety of space and furniture layouts.
Chief Technology Officer
- Led a team of designers, researchers, and software developers to create custom software solutions and digital workflows to enable our design-build modular construction business.
- Created a product vision and high-level architecture of an end-to-end digital platform spanning the entire lifecycle of a building, including its initial design, construction, and management post-occupancy.
- Assembled a 15-person fully-remote hybrid team, including a web development team composed of UI/UX designers, business analysts, and programmers operating in Ukraine and a research team of computational designers working in the US.
- Oversaw the development of Project Studio, a web app for evaluating the development potential of any site in the continental US by automatically generating a variety of building designs that follow the site’s zoning requirements.
- Supervised the development of building operating system, a web-based facility-management system for managing a building based on a detailed building information model (BIM).
- Developed a custom technology to help parent company Silverstein Properties’ office tenants gain new insights about their office spaces.
- Researched and prototyped custom algorithms and optimization approaches to automatically generate office space layouts in a way that optimizes a set of high-level goals.
- Developed novel spatial analysis algorithms and approaches using ray-tracing, graph theory, and optimization.
- Led efforts to spin out Dojo.co as a separate technology startup operating within Silverstein Properties.
- Managed a small team of freelance front-end and back-end developers to prototype and launch the first version of Dojo.co, a web-based workplace insight and optimization platform built with a React-based front end and Python Flask-based back end.
Principal Research Scientist
- Built the custom algorithms focused on design automation and spatial analytics using Rhinocerson3D, Grasshopper, and Python.
- Developed novel research in design automation, applications of optimization and machine learning algorithms, and AR/VR that was published in many academic books and journals and presented at conferences around the world.
- Created new software and technology prototypes to inform the future of Autodesk's software tools.
- Managed a variety of consulting projects with clients in the building construction, automotive, and aerospace industries to explore applications of new technologies to their products and business processes.
- Led a research project in partnership with Airbus, an airplane manufacturer, to optimize an airplane component using custom form-finding algorithms inspired by nature.
- Developed an automated building configurator and site placement tool for a large modular housing manufacturer in Japan.
I was a founding member of Dojo.co when it was spun out as a technology company from parent company Silverstein Properties, one of the largest real estate development and management companies in New York City, USA. While at Dojo, I acted as the lead developer and product manager, supervising the development of the prototypes and MVPs of the product and managing a small team of freelance front-end and back-end developers. I also built all the product's spatial analytics and automation aspects using custom algorithms developed in Python.
Flask, Nuxt.js, Angular
React, Vue, Node.js
GitHub, Adobe CC, Rhinoceros 3D, Grasshopper, Visual Studio
Design, Algorithms, Optimization, Genetic Algorithms, Spatial Analysis, 3D Design, Full-stack, Front-end, Back-end, 3D Rendering, Gatsby, Gridsome, Autodesk Revit, Back-end Development, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), APIs, FaunaDB
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Heroku, Netlify, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Master's Degree in Architecture
Columbia University - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
University of Illinois - Chicago, IL, USA