Staff Software Engineer2014 - 2021NextEra Analytics
- Developed a pricing engine to help a price renewable project bid in two hours that would otherwise take 4-6 weeks.
- Led R&D work to evaluate, build, and explore energy markets with products to help add value to the company.
- Built a simulation framework to help solve multi-dimensional optimization problems and stream data for real-time visualization.
- Integrated machine learning-based applications with various existing tools and deploy them in a serverless microservice architecture in AWS to minimize operational overhead.
- Used machine learning in Python and R to fit various models using time series turbine data to predict turbine failures.
- Led a team to architect and build a cloud-based highly available system to collect millions of data points from thousands of devices in real time and serve it for use in various downstream applications.
- Led big data projects to build analytics using several million devices sub-hourly and hourly data streams.
- Built IoT infrastructure to manage remote data aggregators and virtual power plants.
- Updated software engineering process management to build better and maintainable software.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2014Digi International
- Led, designed, and developed a highly scalable (> 1 million events per second per node) alarm engine to find patterns in real time events.
- Wrote a MapReduce job and Hive script to analyze terabytes of logs to get insight into customers' behavior and usage pattern.
- Built a resilient alarm engine system to help detect patterns on IoT device data in real time.
- Led development of a resilient distributed scheduling system.