Senior Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTThe Foundry
Technologies: React, TypeScript, Node.js, NGINX, AWS, Docker, Next.js, Figma, Bootstrap, MUI (Material UI), Apollo, GraphQL, Twilio, Flexbox, Functional Programming, HTML, API Design
- Developed a construction eCommerce website using Strapi, a headless CMS as a GraphQL back end (configuration and extension using code), and Next.js for the front end.
- Implemented designs from Figma wireframes into code using Bootstrap and Material UI.
- Implemented JWT-based authentication using Facebook login and support for multiple user roles and permissions.
- Chose React Context API instead of Redux for state management to account for less complexity and easier onboarding concerning other team members.
- Implemented mobile authentication using Twilio services.
- Delivered multiple UI/UX based on three user roles: unauthenticated, normal user, and supplier.
Front-end Developer2021 - 2021Toptal
- Implemented Figma designs into real React web pages with pixel-perfect layout, using the Material UI library.
- Optimized a heavy and long list of data with virtualization using the react-window library.
- Conducted deep customization of Material-UI component's appearance.
Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2020Okoone
Technologies: Cypress.io, SQL, .NET, TypeScript, Angular, Flexbox, HTML, API Design
- Joined an ongoing effort of porting a legacy LightSwitch C# web app to Angular/TypeScript for Clevy Links (https://clevylinks.com/), a logistics platform dashboard with a role-based authorization system.
- Rewrote some critical parts of the existing TypeScript code (Angular components).
- Implemented a code review process to the existing team and team coding guidelines (based on my former experiences).
- Enforced build and unit test checks on the existing Jenkins CI system.
- Created a baseline unit test suite for the existing code (about 100 tests).
- Developed a baseline end-to-end test suite based on Cypress.io for more complex UI scenarios ( around 20 tests) to serve as "learn by example" material to the junior and senior team members.
Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2020Contract with WriteLabel (Toptal Client)
Technologies: ASP.NET Core, Azure, MySQL, F#, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming, API Design
- Coded a Kafka-based message processing microservice to create N-N mappings in a join table and keep entities synchronized when they are added (users and groups relationships), all written in F#.
- Performed some large refactoring tasks in the codebase, including SQL queries.
- Added unit tests to existing microservice code that was not written by myself, which thus required a lot of analysis and deep understanding of the business logic.
Back-end Developer2018 - 2019Comedy Wire
Technologies: ASP.NET Core, MySQL, .NET Core, Azure, F#, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming, API Design
- Rewrote and simplified around 50 HTTP endpoints from the legacy Java back end to F#/ASP.NET Core.
- Implemented complex MySQL optimization (indexes and efficient query writing) for a database with millions of entries created per day.
Full-stack Software Developer2015 - 2019Agora Opinion (Freelance Work)
- Installed an IoT PHP back end connected to 300 voting devices for toilet cleanliness satisfaction, sending approximately 10,000 requests per day and having SMS and email alerts (data stored in a MySQL DB).
- Implemented the full front-end user experience using Laravel, AngularJS, supporting multiple roles like administrator, local administrator, and the standard user.
- Developed a HighCharts dashboard to visualize and filter votes data by day/week/month/year and geographic area.
- Implemented Azure WebJobs in F# to issue daily reports to customers with QoS requirements.
- Maintained and upgraded the MySQL database schema for a dashboard that serves almost 200 businesses and 800 users.
- Implemented UI web testing using the F# Canopy library (Lefthandedgoat.github.io/canopy).
Software Developer2012 - 2015Microsoft
- Worked on the synchronization system across multiple devices (Xbox, Windows, Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android) for Xbox Music, a massively scalable music service used by millions of consumers and devices.
- Implemented the Xbox Video (Microsoft's video streaming service) watchlists system.
- Performed big-data processing and analysis to measure and ensure the quality of our cloud services.
- Implemented a feedback tool on the web client, enabling users to ask for a missing song in the music catalog.
- Developed an internal diagnostic tool to investigate issues on users' music and video collection.
Software Engineer2010 - 2012Tactineo
Technologies: Surface, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET, C#, Object-oriented Design (OOD)
- Assisted the development of WPF software for touch-screen devices.
- Implemented custom and touch-friendly UI elements.
- Guided a touch presentation timeline visualizer/editor.
Research Intern2009 - 2009Dassault Systemes
Technologies: CUDA, DirectX, OpenGL, Boost, C++, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Concurrent Programming
- Invented and developed a high-performance Loop 3D surface subdivision algorithm based on patches.
- Developed a plugin system for an in-house 3D mesh viewer.
- Worked on automatic 3D surface parameterization without edges.