Verified Expert in Engineering
Djuro is an engineer and developer with extensive experience providing various types of solutions, including game engines, OCR engines, computer graphics, business solutions, and tools both for desktop and web. He is both passionate and skilled in his development work.
Visual Studio, NetBeans, Android Studio
The most amazing...
...thing to see is the first smile of a child testing a "Hugo" game.
Senior Android Developer
- Redesigned the whole Android project from Activity and ContentView architecture to clean architecture with MVVM.
- Migrated code to new architecture without breaking any current functionality, adding new features and fixing bugs.
- Redesigned and coded Bitrise workflows and GitHub Actions to Gitflow while adding required unit testing and reviews to necessary branches.
- Added many new unit tests to the project. Added test coverage reports in the project. Increased test coverage from 0 to 20%.
- Consulted designer teams on the execution time of required design and possible alternative solutions to save development time before and after the tickets were finalized.
- Consulted the management team on issues that could arise from the current code before they could scale into bigger problems.
- Added documentation in Confluence for Android architecture, the GitHub flow, Bitrise flow, etc.
- Created a Postman workspace adding REST API calls needed for Android development.
- Improved QA teams by teaching them how to use tools such as Postman, but also giving them new test cases.
Senior Android Developer
Kesko Senukai Digital UAB
- Maintained multiple international retail apps in various foreign languages.
- Consulted with the company to improve its project development process.
- Used continuous integration to check style, test and build apps, and upload them to Firebase.
- Refactored most of the Android apps to use LiveData and data binding.
- Added multiple new retail features and consulted with the management on the UX.
- Transformed resource items from their raw format to a vector format.
- Consulted the company on improving the management process to gain more results from developers in less time.
Senior Android Developer
Belk (via Toptal)
- Administered a top 50 US goods selling app in 2020.
- Moved a big codebase from Java to Kotlin, and changed the code to be more Kotlin-like.
- Implemented JUnit and instrumental tests to cover over 80% of the app.
- Used continuous integration for a safer development environment.
- Added several new features to the app for different types of sales and shipments.
- Implemented various deep links and generic deep link handling for the app, including Branch, Facebook, and third-party deep links.
- Redesigned multiple parts of the app to be more UX-friendly.
- Consulted the design and managing team on Android UX.
Switch Four, LLC
- Worked in a team on maintaining and improving an existing app.
- Converted parts of the app from MVP to MVVM with LiveData.
- Added over 50 new screens with many custom views, including customizing Android drawables.
- Worked in cooperation with the testing team to write documentation and improve testing.
- Added deep links, Dynamic Links, AppLink, and notification handling.
- Improved app stability and performance by finding edge cases, creating better architecture, and creating unit tests.
- Consulted on design and features to improve the user experience and user interface for Android (UI/UX).
- Created an MVP for a delivery service app named MOOVA.
- Created an app from start to delivery for calling a quasi-elevator on a building spot.
- Developed an Android app from scratch with multiple releases on Google Play. Its services are in separate processes that work and connect to the app when it opens or closes, and it uses location services with Geofence in parallel to connect.
- Connected the existing app to React Native and created a specific part of the app using this technology.
- Created classes that could communicate with a measuring device using BLE technology.
- Developed classes that would enable using a measuring device by analyzing the sound coming from a 3.5mm stereo jack.
- Created classes for recording various videos and uploading them to the server.
- Created custom views.
Android Developer, Consulting
- Created an Android app for recognizing trees. Optimized a big database for Android size requirements for an app (FlySAA) that must work in conditions without connectivity.
- Created an Android app called Zapper for comunicating through an open accessory with a custom POS device. Created a protocol for communication with the open accessory.
- Created an Android app called Beagle for handling Beacons.
- Created FlySAA, an Android app for organizing and tracking flights for South Africa Airlines.
- Worked with an iOS team to make multiple apps user-friendly for both platforms.
- Consulted the management for many solutions.
Blend Systems, Inc.
- Created an Android app for a social network.
- Created a custom camera control for Android.
- Contributed to the development of a POS service for bars, hotels, and restaurants using a MVVM WPF.
- Created modules for designing bar/restaurant rooms, for dynamic multilevel report creation/printing and for document creation.
- Designed the database and parts of the software.
- Trained programmers in MVVM WPF.
Team Leader, Developer
- Created a 360° view virtual walk system using Adobe Flash (see www.gorski.rs).
- Created small educational games for children on Android (mathematics, language, etc.).
- Designed a system for reading electrical meters using Android devices and a web app to prepare/analyze data for/from the Android app.
- Created a specific OCR for reading electric meters.
- Created the Android app for reading electric meters using Android Development Tolls and Eclipse.
- Coordinated the creation and customization of web apps for the Flash utility using a simple scripting tool.
- Created various server services using Java.
Developer, Team Leader
Apotekarska Ustanova Beograd Cooperation with Europos
- Coordinated the customer experience with project creation.
- Coded various parts of the database for financial handling using MS SQL.
- Led a team of 22 people (hardware people, software people, and drivers).
- Designed several parts of the software for POS terminals.
- Created an ISDN communication service using Visual C++ (in order to do database replication through telephone lines—required limitations in communications between distant units).
- Educated over 1300 pharmacists to use the software within 1 month and used their suggestions to improve the software.
- Created games using Java Applets.
- Created tools for handling finances in a business Visual C++.
- Developed tools for POS terminals.
- Developed tools for handling fiscal printers using C++.
- Created desktop applications for managing trading companies using Visual C++ and MS SQL.
Developer, R&D Programmer
Interactive Television Denmark
- Developed a small game alone on the ITE game engine.
- Developed a demo game with a small team.
- Created a 2D collision system using C++.
- Built a 3D engine using Visual C++ in the R&D team.
- Programmed a MIDI sound system for Playstation using C++.
- Created a particle system for Playstation using C++ and Assembler.
- Scripted several character models using the ITE game scripting tool.
360 Virtual Walk System
System for Managing a Pharmaceutical Company
It is currently used to measure to measure 3,000,000 units every month in Serbia.
Worked on a custom camera control, custom picture management, and custom gallery.
It will soon be on the Google Play Store.
app for organizing events.
Android SDK, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), JUnit, Dagger 2, Flutter, React Native, Dagger
REST APIs, RxKotlin, RxJava 2, RxJava, Firebase Android SDK, DirectX, Retrofit, LiveData
Clubhouse, FogBugz, Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, ADT, Gradle, GitHub, Android Jetpack, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite, Eclipse IDE, Postman, Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual C++, Slack, Git, Zeplin, Jira, Figma, Adobe Analytics, Firebase Analytics, BrowserStack, Kodein, Crashlytics, Confluence
Agile, REST, Mobile Development, Unit Testing, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Model View Presenter (MVP), Dependency Injection, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Clean Architecture, Automated Testing
Mobile, Android, Windows, NetBeans, Bitrise, PlayStation, Bluetooth LE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Firebase, CleverTap
Location Services, Location Tracking, Mobile GPS, SDKs, Push Notifications, Silent Push Notifications, Android App Design, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Software, Mobile App Development, Mobile Apps, Mobile Applications, Android Animations, Android Open Accessory (AOA), GitHub Actions, Bluetooth Beacons, Pure Data, Material Design, Room, FTDI, Third-party Libraries, Third-party Frameworks, Firebase Crashlytics, Monday.com, Urban Airship, Git Flow, Card Payments, Payment Security, PCI Compliance, MURAL, BLoC, Computer Science
SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, FileZilla FTP Server, MySQL, Realm
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Belgrade, School of Electrical Engineering - Belgrade, Serbia
Flutter BLoC - From Zero to Hero Complete Course
The Complete Flutter Development Bootcamp with Dart