- Software DeveloperToptal2012 - PRESENT
- Worked as a remote ASP.NET (MVC)/C#/.NET developer for Toptal clients.
- Designed architecture and implemented several applications.
- Full-stack ASP.NET MVC DeveloperKalon Creative (via Toptal)2018 - 2018
- Updated ASP.NET Razor views according to new InVision mockups.
- Adjusted ASP.NET views to be responsive for mobile view as well as for other screen sizes using Bootstrap.
- Optimized back-end logic to avoid performance issues and comply with the new UX approach on the front-end.
- Regenerated POT/PO internationalization files for string resources used for ASP.NET MVC application.
- Participated in code reviews of the pool requests for the branches before merging them to QA and Production environments.
- Senior .NET DeveloperTusmor, Ltd. (via Toptal)2017 - 2018
- Designed and implemented Bank Engine API using ASP.NET Core Web API.
- Configured continuous integration tasks to build and deploy API components to different Azure environments.
- Designed corresponding database schema for Azure SQL Server.
- Implemented unit tests using an in-memory database approach as well as integration tests for API endpoints.
- Configured API Explorer using Swagger UI via Swashbuckle package.
- Designed and implemented simple React/Redux based UI for interacting with the API.
- Senior .NET DeveloperAscension Data and Analytics (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: .NET Core 2.0, ASP.NET Core 2.0, MVC, Web API, C#, JSON, XML, Azure, Amazon S3, SQL, EF Core 2.0, Git, Visual Studio, TFS, JIRA
- Developed the workflow to interact with an external OCR and machine learning system via API.
- Designed and implemented a background service for maintaining the queue and message pooling.
- Developed plugin-based architecture for processing queue messages.
- Deployed system modules and components.
- Implemented an API for UI to manage information in the mortgage servicing and capital markets space.
- .NET Full-stack DeveloperEurotech Global Sports AG (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Developed the server and client-side logic for the accreditation module of IFES system for FIFA events.
- Secured the components with the appropriate permissions.
- Implemented the export mechanism for the security data.
- Implemented the bulk update logic.
- Participated in the design sessions to discuss and plan the logic implementation.
- Full-stack Web DeveloperFitness Startup (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Developed a web application using ASP.NET MVC and Web API with an AngularJS-based client side.
- Automated live streaming using Azure Media Services.
- Built website content indexing and search using Azure Search Services.
- Processed background tasks by events-driven Azure Web Jobs.
- Developed back-end features using dependency injection principle for MVC controllers, services, and repositories.
- Conducted unit testing using the mocks and end-to-end testing of exposed API.
- Documented the API with Swashbuckle (.NET port of Swagger UI).
- Lead/Senior Software Engineer (Telecommunication)MetTel (via Toptal)2014 - 2015
- Implemented a Knockout-based user interface for several modules of the control management panel.
- Developed a micro framework for requesting information from Solr API and safe parsing of JSON data in C#.
- Implemented Web API services and corresponding business logic.
- Created and maintained unit tests for verification of Web API service controller actions.
- Senior C# DeveloperAmerican Mortgage Consultants, Inc. (via Toptal)2013 - 2014
Technologies: C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, JSON, HTML, SQL, Accusoft OCR Components
- Designed the software system architecture.
- Developed several components for the automatic recognition and processing of scanned forms.
- Implemented page detection and field value extraction business logic for scanned mortgage documents.
- Created and maintained unit tests covering the application business logic.
- Implemented UI for interacting with the OCR system via API services.
- Implemented a self-documented JSON-based Web API.
- .NET Developer (Remote)2can2012 - 2013
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET MVC, Razor, HTML, CSS, jQuery, SQL, Castle Windsor, Fluent NHibernate, NUnit, Quartz.NET, OpenIso8583.Net
- Performed full-stack software development for the company's mobile card acquisition service, which is the Russian equivalent of the US Square service.
- Developed user interface Razor-based pages.
- Developed in C# the server side business logic, data access code, and unit tests.
- Implemented parsing packages using OpenIso8583.Net which is a .NET message builder and parser for ISO 8583 financial messages.
- Worked on customizing card acquisition service UI for specific banks.
- Team Lead, .NET DeveloperAspose2011 - 2012
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, C#, Aspose Components, WCF, JSON, OpenXML
- Worked full-time as a remote team leader for the GroupDocs Comparison project for GroupDocs.com (part of the Aspose family).
- Developed an ASP.NET MVC-based web application for comparing office documents.
- Developed and maintained the server side logic for comparing office documents.
- Did R&D for finding suitable comparison algorithms like Levenshtein distance, HTML Diff implementation, etc.
- Created and maintained the unit tests.
- Documented the API.
- Senior .NET Developer, Tech Lead, Project ManagerExigen Services2008 - 2011
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, WCF, Windows Services, XML/XSLT, HTML/CSS, Oracle, MS SQL, DataFlux
- Led technical projects for Total Objects, a company involved in insurance brokering and reinsurance software systems.
- Used .NET (VB.NET, WinForms) and MS SQL Server technologies, as well as the Agile (Scrum) framework throughout the development process.
- Developed websites in the Scrum framework using .NET, Oracle, MS SQL Server, and DataFlux data management technologies.
- Worked as a senior .NET developer for T-Mobile Netherlands, one of the largest mobile telephone operators in the country.
- Implemented the Waterfall development paradigm using C#, WinForms, ASP.NET (WebForms), WCF, XML/XSLT, and Oracle technologies.
- Promoted to project manager, overseeing several projects for the company.
- Software .NET Developer (Remote)SharpStyle Labs2006 - 2008
Technologies: C#, Visual Studio Extensibility, Obfuscation, Installers, ASP.NET, WCF, SQL Server
- Created SharpStyle Neutron, a piece of software that allows developers to write ActionScript code from within Visual Studio 2005 using Visual Studio SDK.
- Participated in a ReviewBasics project with ASP.NET (WebForms) conducting collaborative market research.
- Developed video conversion web services using the Turbine Video Conversion SDK.
- Created and maintained the unit tests.
- PhD StudentSaint-Petersburg State University2006 - 2006
Technologies: C#, GDI+, WinForms
- Developed the software system for a PhD paper on structural geology titled "Automation of Cross Section Building through the Thrust Systems Foreland."
- Team Lead, .NET DeveloperBridge-Quest2005 - 2005
- Led projects involving the customization of web services.
- Developed .NET software using ASP Classic, ASP.NET (WebForms), HTA, and .NET WinForms.
- Software .NET DeveloperStarSoft Development Labs2004 - 2005
- Worked as a member of the eXP (eXtreme Programming) team.
- Participated in several ASP.NET (WebForms) projects for client intranets.
- Software .NET DeveloperSTEP Technologies2003 - 2004
Technologies: C#, .NET WinForms, Infragistic Control Library 'NetAdvantageTM 2003', XCeedComponents, SQL Server, MS Access, NUnit Framework
- Helped develop a client-server system for handling automated document translation, incorporating interconnected WinForms and Web Parts.
- Geological Engineer, Software DeveloperLengiprotrans OJSC2000 - 2001
Technologies: Visual Basic 6.0, VBA (MS Excel), MS Access
- Automated all scientific MS Excel-based calculations.