Verified Expert in Engineering
Dritan is a mechanical engineering graduate turned mobile developer. He has published an app in The App Store to help users compare book prices by taking a cover picture. He has also written a web scraper in Python for a website to help freelancers find remote work and used VBA in Excel to automate tasks and save his coworkers hours of daily manual labor.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Xcode
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded was an app called Antique Book Scan.
- Developed an app that lets teachers create customized lesson plans by cropping clips from online videos and presenting them in a video game-like 3D world.
- Used SceneKit to create 3D scenes for user interface.
- Integrated a Stripe API to allow payments between students and teachers.
- Debugged CollectionViews and other UIkit components.
- Parsed XML feeds of podcasts.
IT Networking Engineer
Concord International Investments
- Managed the company’s computer network, back-end servers, and communication systems.
- Wrote VBA scripts to automate workflow of the portfolio associates—saving up to 2 hours of daily manual labor.
- Managed the purchase and renewal of software licenses such as Microsoft, Citrix, Axys, and more.
- Prepared a backup and disaster recovery report in collaboration with compliance department.
- Reviewed the legal contracts with third party IT service providers.
Antique Book Scan
• Uses several open source UI components and REST APIs.
• Open-sourced under an MIT license: Github.com/dritani/Antique-Book-Scan
Google FooBar Challenge September 2016https://github.com/dritani/Google-FooBar-Challenge---Sep-2016
• The puzzles require knowledge of algorithms and data structures and place tight constraints on time and memory efficiency.
• Puzzles get progressively harder with each level.
• I completed all five levels (15 puzzles total) and received a call from a Google recruiter after finishing level 3; proceeded up to the second phone interview.
• Hosted on an Amazon EC2 instance with a Python SimpleHTTPServer as the back-end, simple HTML/CSS for the front-end, and a daily Cron job to run the scraper.
Av0cado.com Back-end Code
• It uses the Python requests library to make HTTP requests, the "threading" library to throttle the number of concurrent connections, and many different user agents and proxies, to avoid getting IP-banned.
VBA Automation Project
• One button opens emails in Outlook, saves attachments, opens them, and copies their content to other Excel files.
• Another button opens Axys (portfolio management software) and simulates mouse clicks and keystrokes to run the daily reports and save the results automatically.
Jewelry Supplier Inventory Macro
Enable My Team (via Toptal)
Durst Sebring Imaging Systems (via Toptal)
Video Compressor Mobile App
Custom Employee Management Software
iOS SceneKit, React Native, MapKit, Core Data, UIKit
CocoaPods, Stripe API, REST APIs, React, Core Graphics, OpenCV, Core Image, FFmpeg
Xcode, MATLAB, Microsoft Word, Excel 2016, Microsoft Excel, Git, Photoshop CS6, SOLIDWORKS, Gradle, Android Studio, Cron
MacOS, Firebase, iOS, Windows, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Citrix, Android
Algorithms, Data Structures, GCD, ANSYS, Mechanical Engineering, Google, Outlook, Coding, Excel Macros
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering
McGill University - Montreal, Canada
iOS Developer Nanodegree