Verified Expert in Engineering
Dustin has a burning desire to create new things, and he has boundless energy. He loves all aspects of modern development and treats his talents as art. From building scalable applications to managing complex datasets, his experience has taught him to always think outside the box.
Vim Text Editor, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Elixir, Phoenix, Tailwind CSS, PostgreSQL, Alpine.js, Cypress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Agile Software Development
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a serverless data lake integrated with on-prem and cloud-based data sources and pipelines.
The University of Colorado - CU Boulder - ODA
- Architected and developed a serverless data lake integrated with on-premises and cloud-based data sources and data pipelines.
- Assisted with interviewing and hiring new engineers to fill out the data lake platform team.
- Engaged with corporate security, anonymized data, and implemented security controls to achieve NIST 800 compliance.
- Built software from the ground up, both front-end and back-end.
- Designed the user experience.
- Automated deployment.
- Programmed real-time events.
- Architected a unit and acceptance testing solution using Pytest and Selenium.
- Rolled out continuous integration on CircleCI.
- Backfilled tests for an existing project.
- Filed bugs and triaged existing reports.
- Advised the team on process strategies including testing, peer review, and workflow.
- Advised the team on various process tools including GitHub and JIRA.
- Advised the team on various tech-related issues including deployment and coding best practices.
- Provided additional full-stack development as needed.
- Developed a back-end database and API.
- Built a radio server to broadcast streaming audio.
- Worked with vendors to build a mobile application.
WONDER | Visualizing Brands
- Created a testing environment using Factory Boy and borrowing ideas from Ruby on Rails.
- Strategized and deployed a single server solution to host multiple isolated Django projects.
- Deployed Sentry across all projects for error monitoring.
- Used AJAX and HTML5 technologies to improve UX across projects.
- Automated various server-related tasks and integrated many into Django projects using Fabric.
- Developed a new website for public outreach.
- Developed a client portal to track sales and order shipments.
- Developed a communication interface with existing internal technology.
- Worked with the marketing department to gather analytics.
Focus Financial Partnershttp://focusfinancialpartners.com
John O'Kelly Propertieshttp://johnokelly.com
ComQi Connected Experiences
I implemented a full CMS (Django-cms) to allow a web novice to edit, alter, and arrange a full spectrum of page placeholders and plugins.
Make More Positive Art
Django REST Framework, Ember.js, Phoenix, Django, Redux, Bootstrap, Materialize, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Tailwind CSS, Cypress, Spark
GitHub, Vim Text Editor, Virtualenv, Celery, Jira, Pytest, AWS SDK, Zsh, Adobe Photoshop, Apache Solr, AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, Terraform, AWS IAM, Tableau, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Athena, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Shibboleth, Apache NiFi, Amazon CloudWatch, Collibra, Apache Airflow, Confluence
Continuous Integration (CI), Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Continuous Deployment, API Architecture, Event Sourcing, Scrum, ETL
Linux, MacOS, OS X, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Duo, Oracle, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
User Stories, APIs, API Integration, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Vi, Capital Markets, Alpine.js, Pulumi, Technical Hiring, Interviewing, Federated Sign-in, Grouper, Serverless, Airtable, PeopleSoft, Document Management Systems (DMS)
Salesforce API, Selenium WebDriver, jQuery, Facebook API, Twitter API, Crunchbase API, LinkedIn API, Setuptools, Stripe, Kivy, Pandas, D3.js
PostgreSQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Elasticsearch, Memcached, MySQL, Data Lake Design, Amazon DynamoDB