Lead Engineer2018 - 2020The University of Colorado - CU Boulder - ODA
Technologies: Python, AWS Glue, AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda, TypeScript, Terraform, Pulumi, AWS IAM, Spark, Pandas, SAS, Tableau, Scrum, Technical Hiring, Interviewing, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), Amazon Athena, AWS DMS, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), D3.js, Data Lake Design, SAML, Federated Sign-in, Grouper, Shibboleth, Apache NiFi, ETL, Amazon CloudWatch, Serverless, Amazon DynamoDB, Collibra, Apache Airflow, Airtable, Confluence, Duo, Oracle, PeopleSoft
- Architected and developed a serverless data lake integrated with on-premises and cloud-based data sources and data pipelines.
- Assisted with interviewing and hiring new engineers to fill out the data lake platform team.
- Engaged with corporate security, anonymized data, and implemented security controls to achieve NIST 800 compliance.
Co-founder2016 - 2017IndustryMaps
Technologies: GraphQL, Event Sourcing, Elm, Elixir, SQL, HTML, CSS, API Architecture, Bootstrap, APIs, API Integration, Linux, PostgreSQL, Continuous Integration (CI), GitHub, HTML5
- Built software from the ground up, both front-end and back-end.
- Designed the user experience.
- Automated deployment.
- Programmed real-time events.
QA Engineer2014 - 2016Sonicbids
Technologies: Celery, Elasticsearch, Django, SQL, HTML, CSS, API Architecture, Bootstrap, MySQL, APIs, PostgreSQL, Continuous Integration (CI), GitHub, HTML5
- Architected a unit and acceptance testing solution using Pytest and Selenium.
- Rolled out continuous integration on CircleCI.
- Backfilled tests for an existing project.
- Filed bugs and triaged existing reports.
- Advised the team on process strategies including testing, peer review, and workflow.
- Advised the team on various process tools including GitHub and JIRA.
- Advised the team on various tech-related issues including deployment and coding best practices.
- Provided additional full-stack development as needed.
Senior Developer2012 - 2014Plum Radio
Technologies: Ember.js, Django, SQL, HTML, CSS, API Architecture, Bootstrap, APIs, API Integration, Linux, PostgreSQL, Continuous Integration (CI), GitHub, HTML5
- Developed a back-end database and API.
- Built a radio server to broadcast streaming audio.
- Worked with vendors to build a mobile application.
Senior Developer2011 - 2012WONDER | Visualizing Brands
- Created a testing environment using Factory Boy and borrowing ideas from Ruby on Rails.
- Strategized and deployed a single server solution to host multiple isolated Django projects.
- Deployed Sentry across all projects for error monitoring.
- Used AJAX and HTML5 technologies to improve UX across projects.
- Automated various server-related tasks and integrated many into Django projects using Fabric.
Senior Developer2009 - 2011Glasswerks
Technologies: Django, SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, API Architecture, Bootstrap, MySQL, Stripe, APIs, API Integration, Linux, Python, Elixir, Continuous Integration (CI), GitHub, HTML5
- Developed a new website for public outreach.
- Developed a client portal to track sales and order shipments.
- Developed a communication interface with existing internal technology.
- Worked with the marketing department to gather analytics.