Verified Expert in Engineering
Dylan is a passionate front-end developer who has grown from a young self-taught coder to an accomplished professional experienced in many different industries. His background includes working with digital agencies, government bodies, and global brands. Dylan loves challenges and is always keen to offer a fresh perspective to a new team on a new project.
MacOS, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Node.js
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is the national website for the Australian Football League (AFL).
Code for Australia
- Discussed with the client the need for a new website area and worked with a designer to assess the feasibility of an interactive solution.
- Built a new template for the satellite site and created components in ACF to compose layouts as desired.
- Built advanced blocks which query custom WordPress post types, resulting in a more dynamic and user-friendly experience for website visitors.
- Built the website to be mobile-friendly and accessible, ensuring a positive user experience for all visitors regardless of device or accessibility needs.
- Updated the website to Google Analytics 4 and ensure events were tracked correctly.
- Worked in a team to produce a minimum viable product (MVP) of a marketplace platform for a mentorship company, Lisnic.
- Built microservices to handle the business logic for the front-end application connected to the Hasura back end.
- Integrated front-end components into the application and the back end.
- Wrote end-to-end tests using Cypress to ensure core functionality did not break as the MVP was evolving.
- Developed several pixel-perfect client websites using the Roots WordPress stack.
- Built reusable components with advanced custom fields (ACF) for all agency client sites.
- Trained clients on how to use their new websites and wrote user guide manuals specific to each website for future reference.
- Created pixel-perfect layouts and components for the content management system (CMS).
- Built front-end components for the Australian national football league and club websites.
- Wrote the functionality with Vanilla JS to keep the site lightweight.
- Built pixel-perfect websites from sketch design references using WordPress and Gatsby.
- Collaborated with the designer to design and implement complex animations on client websites.
- Developed a competition chatbot for leading cider brand Somersby using the Botkit framework.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Liaised with UX consultants, back-end developers, and front-end developers to build accessible and user-friendly forms.
- Wrote unit tests to ensure custom form elements behave correctly.
- Packaged components for integration and testing by an offshore back-end team.
Senior Web Developer
- Designed and built a web app using Fabric.js to customize unique tote bags for physical printing via an application programming interface (API).
- Built a front-end prototype of an app to find similar-looking clothes using an image recognition API trained to the product database.
- Mentored junior developers in producing clean and quality code.
Mobile App Developer | Web Developer
- Built a hybrid iOS and Android app using the Ionic app framework.
- Collaborated closely with designer and back-end developer to ensure user experience and functionality requirements were met.
- Worked on other client websites in parallel with the main app development project.
- Developed a brochure website for a major bank, Harrods Bank.
- Worked closely with the design team on quick website iterations.
- Integrated the template into the CMS and trained the staff to use it.
The Memphis Agency
- Built the back-end functionality for websites in FarCry CMS.
- Developed front-end of websites using the Bootstrap framework.
- Worked closely with designers to produce pixel-perfect websites from design.
Web Designer | Web Developer
- Started a small agency while at school to design and build websites for clients.
- Gathered client requirements and needs to build quality websites.
- Built everything by hand without development frameworks.
Development of the FrancoCrea Websitehttps://www.francocrea.com.au/
I was involved in setting up the back-end business logic to handle the relationships between users and the billing system and wiring up all the front-end components into the Next.js and Apollo front-end app.
Development of the Avenue Agency Websitehttps://avenue.design/
Development of the Visit Ballarat Websitehttps://www.visitballarat.com.au/
Next.js, Cypress, Ionic, AngularJS, Bootstrap 3
React, Node.js, jQuery, Stripe API, Stripe
Pixel Perfect, Front-end, User Interface (UI), Sitecore, Gatsby, Chatbots, Styled-components, Animation, APIs, ColdFusion, Apollo, Architecture, Google Analytics 4, Google Tag Manager
Figma, Sketch, Git, Slack, AutoCAD, Canvas, Jira, Middleman, Roots, Botkit, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), React Apollo, Photoshop CC, Google Analytics, Mailchimp
Marketplace Platforms, Unit Testing
WordPress, MacOS, Joomla, cPanel, Netlify, Algolia, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
The University of Adelaide - Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring