Verified Expert in Engineering
Edgars discovered WordPress in 2010 and used it for the first time for a project. Since that day, he has grown his WordPress skills in multiple projects and companies. Edgars has spent six years working as a theme author at the Envato marketplace, where he developed his coding skills and knowledge about WordPress standards and how projects act in various client environments. Nowadays, he leads a developer team at one of the largest WordPress page builders.
WordPress, PHP, MySQL, SCSS, PHP 7, Xdebug, GitHub, WPBakery, WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins
The most amazing...
...thing I've earned is the Envato Elite status with an item that ranked among weekly top sellers across the entire marketplace.
- Conducted annual development team budget planning with monthly overview reports.
- Oversaw a product release process and created a flow for continuous delivery (CD) release.
- Headed a team of between six to nine members, facilitating a quarter one-on-one session with every team member.
- Developed multiple features related to a WordPress plugin and themes.
- Created payment mechanisms to handle all incoming sales and renewals.
- Improved multiple related services like support portal and license management that come with a product.
- Assisted a support team with product support on the highest support tier.
- Managed to get multiple products into the WordPress.org repository.
- Facilitated scrum meetings, like daily standups, retrospections, sprint opening and closing, and groomings for a scrum team.
- Tracked bugs and user stories via Jira and analyzed gathered data.
- Searched for and implemented different ways to improve team velocity.
- Collaborated with a product owner and worked on a backlog to prioritize tasks.
- Prepared and moved a development team form Scrum to Kanban.
CEO and Back-end Developer
- Owned a company that created WordPress themes and plugins for the Envato ThemeForest and CodeCanyon marketplaces.
- Created more than 30 themes and plugins for the Envato ThemeForest and Envato CodeCanyon markets.
- Managed product pricing and payouts to other team members.
- Created multiple themes for the WordPress.org repository.
- Led designers and a front-end development team to properly create an HTML layout for WordPress.
- Earned the Envato Elite status and had an item that ranked among weekly top sellers across the entire marketplace.
- Managed product support via emails and support platforms.
- Worked as a back-end developer and provided needed product support for customers at the beginning.
- Created more than 40 themes for the Envato ThemeForest market.
- Converted HTML to WordPress themes and developed custom features.
- Oversaw a product support process and a support team.
- Developed and maintained multiple customer websites from scratch.
- Converted pages from Photoshop Document (PSD) to HTML, HTML to WordPress, or other required frameworks.
- Moved pages from an outdated basic content management system (CMS) to WordPress.
WPBakery, Xdebug, GitHub, Git, GitLab, PhpStorm, WPML, Jira, Braintree SDK, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, NGINX, PhpBB, WP-CLI, Asana, MATLAB, GitLab CI/CD, Babel
WordPress, Apache2, WooCommerce, Docker, Linux, cPanel, Drupal, Linode, DigitalOcean, Kubernetes
Visual Composer, Child Themes, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, FTP, SSH, HTML to WordPress, BrainTree, Plugins, CI/CD Pipelines, Website Builders, Programming, Electronics, SMTP, Design, Debugging, Website Maintenance, PHP Performance, FTP Servers, ThemeForest, Email Support, Cloudflare, Ubuntu 16.04, Web Development, Website Performance, API Integration, Compatibility Testing, Card Payments, APIs, Jira Administrator, Jira Administration, Budgeting, Annual Budgets, People Management, Human Resources (HR), Lean, Web Hosting, Payment APIs, Online Payments
jQuery, Braintree API, REST APIs, Jira REST API, Stripe, WooCommerce API, WordPress API, jQuery UI, jQuery Plugins, jQuery EasyUI, GitHub API
Scrum, Agile, Kanban, Hosting, Unit Testing, Continuous Development (CD), Objectives & Key Results (OKRs)
Laravel, Lumen, Bootstrap, PHPUnit, Cypress
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications
Riga Technical University - Latvia, Riga