Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Visualization Developer
Emilio is a computer science engineer and MBA graduate with 10+ years of experience helping businesses define and analyze their KPIs across marketing, sales, operations, and finance. He is skilled in SQL and has been working with Tableau since 2011, developing all data integration required to feed Tableau from any data source. As a Tableau consultant and trainer, Emilio can quickly interpret the business needs and build insightful dashboards.
Tableau, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau Desktop Pro, Tableau Server, Python, Excel 2013, ETL Tools, DataViz
The most amazing...
...Tableau dashboard I've built allows companies to track customer acquisition cost and LTV per channel, helping define the most effective marketing strategies.
Program Manager Amazon Transportation
- Oversaw innovation in Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation network by defining, scoping, and implementing new ideas and driving the product development from design to release.
- Defined the business strategy to transform the current transportation environment.
- Conducted strategy implementation, prioritized projects, initiatives, and feature sets.
- Helped the organizations get valuable insights from their data by utilizing the power of Tableau and Alteryx.
- Developed visual dashboards that automate data gathering and represent it interactively and graphically, facilitating their interpretation.
- Assisted senior managers in defining KPIs and building solutions that allow agile multidimensional analysis.
- Conducted training sessions for clients. As a certified Tableau trainer, I helped people from diverse backgrounds become fluent with the Tableau software.
- Built a set of dashboards to monitor internal communication articles consumption and newsletter CTR.
- Developed data integration via SQL using BigQuery and dashboards using Looker Studio from Google.
- Gathered requirements from Pepsico's internal communications teams and led functional reviews and testing with them.
Senior Strategic and Planning Officer
European Investment Fund
- Provided forecasts and analysis of the EIF's business activities to support strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Partnered with internal stakeholders to design and implement suitable analytical dashboards to enhance EIF's capital allocation visibility.
- Harmonized how the EIF's activity, data, and information is synthesized, consolidated, and reported.
- Performed analysis of cost and revenue generated by the different EIF mandates.
- Streamlined planning and reporting. Furthermore improved the processes, standardization, and automation efforts of the variable costs across the EU fulfillment centers.
- Managed the reporting efforts for weekly and monthly close processes, annual planning, and regular forecast updates.
- Developed and maintained tools to drive standardization and automation with the existing reports and improved data accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Led regular variance analysis on actuals versus planned and forecasts that included delivery of executive summaries explaining material variances.
- Played a key role as the project manager implementing a pan-European Business Intelligence platform for a major consumer goods company.
- Designed and developed a forecasting tool to improve the effectiveness of the company's deal schedule.
- Managed the scope delivery within the agreed timelines and budget.
Sales Performance Dashboardhttps://public.tableau.com/app/profile/emilio.carnicero/viz/SalesPerformanceMonitoring/SellOutDashboard
User Engagement Dashboardhttps://public.tableau.com/app/profile/emilio.carnicero/viz/Engagementdashboard/UserEngagementperAcquisitionDate#1
Store Location and Sales Maphttps://public.tableau.com/app/profile/emilio.carnicero/viz/VolumeperStoreMap-Indiana/VolumeperStoreMap
SQL, Python, Snowflake
Tableau, Tableau Desktop Pro, DataViz, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Looker, Asana, Google Analytics
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL
Databases, Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
ETL Tools, Excel Expert, Data, Excel 365, Data Collection, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Dashboards, Reports, Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Analytics, Training, Data Modeling, Reporting, DAX, Tableau Server, Finance, Web Marketing, Google Data Studio, Fivetran, Data Build Tool (dbt), Financials, Pricing, Operations, Predictive Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Financial Modeling
Alteryx, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Dedicated SQL Pool (formerly SQL DW)
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
IE Business School | Instituto de Empresa - Madrid
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Alicante - Alicante, Spain
Alteryx Designer Core
Predictive Analytics for Business
Tableau Certified Consultant
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring