Senior Software Developer2011 - PRESENTnTelos, Inc. (via Sarnata Corp)
- Completed contract with my business, Sarnata Corporation.
- Earned two Core Value Awards for Teamwork and Continuous Improvement for my software development contributions towards two important business problems.
- Architected and coded a large common code library for web applications covering areas such as security, configuration, and especially data management.
- Developed single web page applications and taught other developers to build such applications.
- Wrote many new web apps and supported many legacy apps doing architectural, coding, testing, and analysis work.
President, Senior Software Developer2009 - PRESENTSarnata Corporation
- Founded and led the company in becoming a Microsoft Certified Partner (achieving competencies in Software Development and Web Development), primarily providing software development services for insurance, healthcare, and technology companies.
- Participated in many community-organized Code Camps providing valuable .NET training. Participated in many regional GiveCamps donating programming and business analysis services to non-profit organizations including Respond, Inc. (Boston, MA), the North Philadelphia Hospital System, and the Literacy Council of Union County (Charlotte, NC).
- Commissioned a case study of a .NET/Telerik/SalesForce.com project which was co-branded with Microsoft, Telerik, and the customer, C5 Insight, Inc. Telerik posted an adaptation of this case study on their public web site.
- Worked with developers around the world to build software applications.
- Provided software development and system administration services to customers throughout the United States.
Senior Software Developer2011 - 2011Silverchair Information Systems (via Sarnata Corp)
Technologies: ASP.NET 4.0, VB.NET, WCF, jQuery, JSON, WIndows Search 4.0, Parallel Linq, SQL Server 2008 R2
- Architected a search engine and learned the client's semantic technology within five months as sole developer and architect. Created an entirely new search engine for a new online medical journal platform. Implemented the search engine for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. Designed the search engine to be used as the basis for new search engines for journals of the American Medical Association and other medical journals.
- Developed three distinct applications: an exporting tool to prepare content for searching, a WCF search service, and a search client implemented within an ASP.NET web application.
- Implemented the exporting tool to leverage parallel processing and sophisticated SQL Server stored procedures for processing and exporting content searchable with the search device.
- Constructed a search service using a highly modular structure inspired by Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0. Customized the service support client using hot-pluggable modules enabling custom filtering, ranking, and other search activities.
- Created the client portion to make use of a JSON enabled WCF service to power a fully Ajax-enabled search results page.
- Used three methods for searching content within the search engine. Achieved full-title search through an innovative MD5-hashing process allowing for extremely fast full-title matching. Implemented a second method using the client semantic platform to return semantically relevant search results. Used Windows Search 4.0 as the final search method to provide full-text search of prepared content.
Senior Software Developer2009 - 2010Delta Dental of Virginia (via Sarnata Corp)
- Designed and coded numerous web and desktop applications used in the dental insurance industry.
- Architected and coded a new multi-user Windows Forms application to view, sort, and export faxed claim images.
- Developed a web site to collect and report on information concerning the client's AGILE software development process.
- Implemented a web page to serve as a proxy for a dentist search on another web site. Allowed the page to download HTML from the source site, update images, styles, and link references, as well as modify the internal form structure and display the updated web page within the user’s browser.
- Supported and coded an application managing user accounts used by other applications.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2009Benchmark Systems
- Developed C# / PostgreSQL / SQL Server ASP.NET software applications with Visual Studio 2008.
- Wrote a portal system providing single sign-on and access control to a suite of web-based medical practice management systems.
- Integrated single sign-on with Dr. First’s ePrescribing system. Implemented the portal to support both desktop web browsers and web browser-enabled mobile devices.
- Led a team of developers to implement pattern-based code generation tools and a web application framework.
- Completed the Dale Carnegie World Class Customer Service Training and Supervisor Training courses.
- Taught ASP.NET development to fellow programmers and provided internal and external customer support.
- Participated and actively contributed to software development long term planning meetings.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2007Site Builder Corporation
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Linux
- Advised business owners on all technology-related decisions and purchases (servers, T-1 lines, software).
- Managed 7 Linux-based servers, 1 Windows-based web server, and 1 Microsoft Small Business Server. Handled management tasks including: selection of software for server, initial bare metal installation and configuration of OS and all applications (IIS, Apache, DNS, Tape Backup, Anti-virus, Exchange, Qmail, Plesk, etc.), hardening of servers to prevent intrusion and implemented targeted, and custom intrusion detection systems.
- Worked one-on-one with internal and external customers to resolve various server-related issues.
- Migrated 4 Linux servers to a redundant AppLogic grid server environment (including configuration of grid, contract negotiation, migration planning, coordinating vendors, customer support, etc.).
- Programmed PHP/MySQL web applications and PHP/BASH Linux scripts.
Senior Software Developer2005 - 2007AREVA (via Greene Technology Corporation)
- Completed this contract through my company, Greene Technology Corporation.
- Converted a legacy Classic ASP app and Visual Basic apps including integration with J.D. Edwards and SAP.
- Wrote a Classic ASP-reporting web application using recursive stored procedures and custom functions to analyze and report on millions of records of data. Optimized stored procedures and temp tables to generate reports in seconds.
- Devised a method to update the Sybase database from SAP in less than 5 minutes with 20+ million records each day.
- Participated in group planning and strategy sessions to solve SAP Legacy System migration problems.
- Worked extensively with Information Services and customers they served in other departments.
President & Senior Software Developer2000 - 2007Greene Technology Corporation
- Established a new company and led this company through periods of growth, decline, and re-growth.
- Coordinated software development efforts of employees and subcontractors (domestic and international).
- Forged new relationships with customers (private businesses and government) and vendors throughout the United States.
- Served as a Technical Advisor to numerous companies to assist them in making wise technology-related decisions.
- Coded and supported many web database applications using .NET, PHP, Classic ASP, Perl on Windows, and Linux.
Senior Analyst1997 - 2000BRTRC
- Developed database-driven Internet financial management applications for various government and military agencies.
- Provided support services for Internet applications, managed workstations, and servers (Linux, Solaris, and Windows).
- Managed Linux servers hosting web applications and databases.
- Developed an AJAX-enabled user interface for a web-based Classic ASP/SQL Server application to manage the configuration of electrical grids (including generators, distribution and consumers). Implemented the application to allow US Forces to graphically configure the best possible layout for managing electrical devices in a web browser without an active connection to the internet (except for saving/retrieving data).
- Created several custom timesheet systems for commercial and government agencies.