Cloud Software Programmer | Consultant2022 - PRESENTCloud Contraptions LLC
- Started a new company to redirect some of my teaching efforts to working on larger cloud computing and IoT projects.
- Integrated web apps React and Blazor with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Microsoft Azure B2C.
- Worked with a healthcare industry startup to build wellness software to help patients recover from certain medical conditions.
- Worked with a customer to build a plugin architecture for their existing software to enable them to ramp up the number of developers working on their code.
Software Development Trainer | Consultant | Mentor2014 - PRESENTTraining 4 Developers, Inc.
- Transformed training business to focus on smaller, advanced, specialty classes and one-on-one programmer mentoring and training.
- Delivered in-person training around the world and online.
- Earned Microsoft Azure Developer, CompTIA CTT+, and Microsoft Certified Trainer Certifications.
- Taught around four two-week Front-End Web Development Bootcamps (HTML5/CSS/JS/React/Redux/GraphQL/Apollo/Node.js) at Intuit per year.
Senior Software Developer2011 - 2014nTelos, Inc. (via Sarnata Corp)
- Completed contract with my business, Sarnata Corporation.
- Earned two Core Value Awards for Teamwork and Continuous Improvement for my software development contributions toward two important business problems.
- Architected and coded a large common code library for web applications, covering security, configuration, and especially data management.
- Developed single web page applications and taught other developers to build such applications.
- Wrote many new web apps and supported many legacy apps doing architectural, coding, testing, and analysis work.
President | Senior Software Developer2009 - 2014Sarnata Corporation
- Founded and led the company in becoming a Microsoft Certified Partner (achieving competencies in Software Development and Web Development), primarily providing software development services for insurance, healthcare, and technology companies.
- Participated in many community-organized Code Camps, providing valuable .NET training. Participated in many GiveCamps donating programming services to nonprofit organizations such as Respond, Inc. and the Literacy Council of Union County.
- Commissioned a case study of a .NET/Telerik/SalesForce.com project which was co-branded with Microsoft, Telerik, and the customer, C5 Insight, Inc. Telerik posted an adaptation of this case study on their public website.
- Worked with developers around the world to build software applications.
- Provided software development and system administration services to customers throughout the United States.
Senior Software Developer2011 - 2011Silverchair Information Systems (via Sarnata Corp)
Technologies: SQL Server 2008 R2, Parallel Programming, LINQ, Windows Search, JSON, jQuery, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC 4
- Architected and programmed a search engine and learned the client's semantic technology within five months as the primary developer and architect. Utilized another developer to help with some tasks and a QA person to test it.
- Developed three distinct applications: an exporting tool to prepare content for searching, a WCF search service, and a search client implemented within an ASP.NET web application.
- Implemented the exporting tool to leverage parallel processing and sophisticated SQL Server stored procedures for processing and exporting content searchable with the search device.
- Constructed a search service using a highly modular structure inspired by Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0. Customized the service support client using hot-pluggable modules, enabling custom filtering, ranking, and other search activities.
- Created the client portion to make use of a JSON-enabled WCF service to power a fully Ajax-enabled search results page.
Senior Software Developer2009 - 2010Delta Dental of Virginia (via Sarnata Corp)
- Designed and coded numerous web and desktop applications used in the dental insurance industry.
- Architected and coded a new multi-user Windows Forms application to view, sort, and export faxed claim images.
- Developed a website to collect and report on information concerning the client's AGILE software development process.
- Implemented a webpage as a proxy for a dentist search on another website.
- Supported and coded an application managing user accounts used by other applications.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2009Benchmark Systems
- Developed C# / PostgreSQL / SQL Server ASP.NET software applications with Visual Studio 2008.
- Wrote a portal system providing single sign-on and access control to a web-based medical practice management system suite.
- Integrated single sign-on with Dr. First's ePrescribing system. Implemented the portal to support desktop web browsers and web browser-enabled mobile devices.
- Led a team of developers to implement pattern-based code generation tools and a web application framework.
- Completed the Dale Carnegie World Class Customer Service Training and Supervisor Training courses.
- Taught ASP.NET development to fellow programmers and provided internal and external customer support.
- Participated and actively contributed to software development long-term planning meetings.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2007Site Builder Corporation
Technologies: Linux, MySQL, PHP, Bash
- Advised business owners on all technology-related decisions and purchases (servers, T-1 lines, software).
- Managed 7 Linux-based servers, 1 Windows-based web server, and 1 Microsoft Small Business Server.
- Handled management tasks, including selecting the software for servers, initial bare metal installation, the configuration of the operating system and all applications, and hardening servers to prevent intrusion.
- Worked one-on-one with internal and external customers to resolve various server-related issues.
- Migrated 4 Linux servers to a redundant AppLogic grid server environment, including the configuration of the grid, contract negotiation, migration planning, coordinating vendors, customer support, etc.
- Programmed PHP/MySQL web applications and PHP/BASH Linux scripts.
Senior Software Developer2005 - 2007AREVA (via Greene Technology Corporation)
- Completed this contract through my company, Greene Technology Corporation.
- Converted a legacy Classic ASP and Visual Basic apps, including integration with J.D. Edwards and SAP.
- Wrote a Classic ASP-reporting web application using recursive stored procedures and custom functions to analyze and report on millions of data records. Optimized stored procedures and temp tables to generate reports in seconds.
- Devised a method to update the Sybase database from SAP in less than five minutes with 20+ million records each day.
- Participated in group planning and strategy sessions to solve SAP Legacy System migration problems.
- Worked extensively with Information Services and customers they served in other departments.
President | Senior Software Developer2000 - 2007Greene Technology Corporation
- Established a new company and led this company through periods of growth, decline, and re-growth.
- Coordinated software development efforts of employees and subcontractors (domestic and international).
- Forged new relationships with customers (private businesses and government) and vendors throughout the United States.
- Served as a Technical Advisor to numerous companies to assist them in making wise technology-related decisions.
- Coded and supported many web database applications using .NET, PHP, Classic ASP, and Perl on Windows and Linux.
Senior Analyst1997 - 2000BRTRC
- Developed database-driven Internet financial management applications for various government and military agencies.
- Provided support services for Internet applications and managed workstations and servers (Linux, Solaris, and Windows).
- Managed Linux servers hosting web applications and databases.
- Developed an AJAX-enabled user interface for a web-based Classic ASP/SQL Server application to manage the configuration of electrical grids, including generators, distribution, and consumers.
- Created several custom timesheet systems for commercial and government agencies.