Verified Expert in Engineering
Erik is a senior full-stack developer whose work encompasses enterprise back-end systems and projects for small tech startups. He is passionate about building scalable and well-structured software. Erik's most recent projects involved creating complex front-end systems in React from scratch.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Git
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a Freedom Robotics system that allowed users to remotely manage a fleet of robots using WebRTC and visualize their data in real time.
Lead Front-end Developer
Optimal Ship (via Toptal)
- Architected the front-end solution to handle international and domestic shipments.
- Participated in analysis and gathering of business requirements.
- Implemented the marketing site for product promotion on Next.js.
- Handled the project's front-end UI design implementation.
- Enabled users to create new shipments and the manager to supervise the process from the client side. I achieved this by working on the initial version of the shipment management system written as a React single-page application.
- Gathered and analyzed requirements due to the project being created from scratch and frequently changing requirements.
- Contributed to the marketing website to promote a new product written in Next.js.
Lead Front-end Developer
- Provided general front-end system architecture, which gradually migrated from an initial prototype into a successful live product.
- Combined the speed of development required for a startup with high code quality.
- Created custom DataBuffer structure to upload and cache data in real time via custom HTTP pulling mechanism.
- Developed a number of Canvas-based visualization components based on the project's custom design.
- Implemented robot piloting using different inputs, including a keyboard, mouse, and gamepad, via a WebRTC connection.
Lead Full-stack Developer
FronteraLand (via Toptal)
- Led the development of an MVP for a real estate crowdfunding investment startup.
- Wrote most of the back-end logic and supervised client-side development.
- Set up CI and provided production deployments workflow.
- Coordinated the work of other team members providing high code quality in general.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a back-end on Express.js using both MongoDB and PostgreSQL for storage.
- Securely migrated data from old DB schema and external public sources (API, dataset files).
- Built a complex single-page client app using Vue.js and Google Maps.
- Implemented a travel request management system, which helps travel consultants to organize trips to get workers to remote job sites around Australia.
- Developed a complex single-page application in AngularJS.
- Developed an eCommerce site for a magazine publisher.
Senior Node.js Developer | Senior .NET Developer
- Integrated a Node.js app with the Microsoft tech stack.
- Orchestrated REST API calls to migrate ticket data to a new season with full business rule compliance.
- Developed the Australian Open Fan Marketplace website.
- Built complex integrations for the existing Ticketek infrastructure into a new eCommerce website.
Senior .NET Developer
- Migrated bank software from Oracle to a SQL Server database unifying DAL between different applications.
- Created a business management portal system responsible for organizing logistical information about coal delivery contracts.
- Worked on performance testing and optimization for a video conferencing project for a major Australian bank.
- Supported and developed new features for AIMIA loyalty management system.
Lead Senior Developer
- Successfully implemented a new module called Talent Management, which is a separate project designated to keep track of employee professional development inside a company.
- Implemented a utility that converted the old Oracle DB to a new PostgreSQL structure for big volumes of data.
- Created a custom ORM to increase productivity of DAL class creation.
- Developed the BeamWorks system (https://www.tigerstop.com/products/tigerangle/), which automatically operates a miter saw to cut predefined parts.
- Implemented an algorithm to optimize waste of wood in order to produce a particular number of different details.
Australian Open Fan Marketplace
Express.js, ASP.NET MVC 5, Jest, React Native, AngularJS, Bootstrap 3+, Redux, ASP.NET Core, Tailwind CSS, ASP.NET MVC, Bootstrap, ASP.NET Web Forms, Ionic, Next.js
React, REST APIs, Node.js, Vue, React Redux, jQuery, Google Maps API, Vuex, D3.js, WebRTC, Entity Framework, Windows Forms (WinForms)
Sequelize, Webpack, Git, WebStorm
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development, Asynchronous Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI)
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, Heroku, Firebase, Parse, MacOS, Linux
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server
Back-end Development, HTML Canvas, Full-stack Development, Data Virtualization, Mathematics, Optimization, User Interface (UI), Pixel Perfect
Master's Degree in Software Development | Artificial Intelligence
Dnipro National University - Dnipro