IT Consultant | Technical SME2019 - 2020OMERS
Technologies: CQRS, Event Sourcing, Apache Kafka, Kotlin, Java 11
- Analyzed the existing pension administration system's (MSS) Java 6 application that manages members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS). Analyzed the technology environment and technical and business requirements.
- Designed the architecture of the new generation of pension administration system called Donna.
- Created a solution prototype for membership enrollment.
- Led the development of two services, using Java 11, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Zeebe, and Axon.
- Interviewed applicants for software developer, DevOps, cloud architect, BA, and QA positions.
- Mentored four intermediate, junior developers, and co-operative developers.
Solution Architect2017 - 2019RBC
Technologies: Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Spring Cloud Stream, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Hadoop, MongoDB, Apache Kafka, Kotlin, Java 8
- Defined REST API best practices to align API development across ten teams consisting of five to seven developers, resulting in an improved developer onboarding and client experience where every REST API followed the same principles.
- Led the implementation of five APIs, using Java 8, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kafka, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch.
- Led a team of six developers in building the Fund Accounting API completed in three months. Used by top RBC I&TS clients—ten clients generating 80% of the revenue, 1 million requests per day, resulting in the decommissioning of manual reporting.
- Mentored four intermediate and junior developers, and as a result, three developers progressed to a senior level. All of them were able to work on critical parts of the applications.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline for the APIs, using Jenkins and IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
- Supported five APIs used by top ten RBC I&TS clients in production; also maintained 99% SLA.
- Interviewed applicants for software developer, BA, and QA positions, resulting in hiring three developers and one business analyst.
- Spearheaded a Kotlin study group of 20 developers, resulting in adopting the new technology across three teams. The study group worked for three months.
Senior Software Developer and Architect2015 - 2017TD Bank
- Created a price supporting solution which is a decision-supporting tool for issuing loans with Java 8, Spring, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, and AngularJS.
- Developed a set of Spark jobs and web applications for loading various market data from different sources using Java 8, Spring, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, and AngularJS.
- Developed a set of libraries and applications that represent a platform for loading trade and exposure information from different sources with Java 7, Spring, and MySQL.
Senior Software Developer and Architect2015 - 2015TMX Group
Technologies: JBoss, MySQL, Apache Camel, Java 7
- Worked on a set of projects that represent a platform for over-the-counter (OTC) trades (Java 7, Apache Camel, JBoss and MySQL).
- Created a project-specific approach/strategy for business services communication and integration.
Senior Software Developer and Architect2014 - 2015Bank of Montreal
Technologies: Netezza, Gemfire, Spring, Java 7
- Created a Groovy-based domain specific language for interaction with RDS servers.
- Designed and developed a solution that acts as a single repository for Capital Market Risk Management systems.
- Designed and developed a utility for triggering and coordination of multiple services for Calculation Framework.
Team Lead | Architect2013 - 2014The Jonah Group, Ltd.
Technologies: Web Services, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Application Server, JMS, EJB, JPA, PrimeFaces, JSF, Java
- Created the architecture, design, and technology principles and guidelines.
- Wrote the software architecture document (SAD) for the NUTE project.
- Built a technical tool used to evaluate the translation accuracy and for triaging claim adjudication issues.
- Led a cross-functional team of 10 people through the entire software development lifecycle for the NUTE project.
Team Lead | SOA Architect2012 - 2012Admeris Payment Systems, Inc.
Technologies: GlassFish, Web Services, MySQL, Mule ESB, ActiveMQ, JMS, EJB, JPA, PrimeFaces, JSF, Java
- Built a system for processing electronic funds transfers.
- Developed a payment routing module.
- Made a fraud detection module.
- Developed a public API for integration with external systems.
Software Developer | Consultant2009 - 2011ParTech, Inc.
Technologies: Geronimo, Web Services, ActiveMQ, XML, EJB, JPA, RichFaces, JSF, SQLite, Qt 4, C++, Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#
- Designed and developed a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) solution. It is a multi-platform IT system for managing HACCP and inspection programs for large food service organizations. It consists of PDAs, sensor data acquisition, and a web-based application.
- Implemented three different versions of the application for various platforms: Windows, Windows CE, and Linux (a Java version).
- Provided the overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining the customized solutions for Walmart, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL), Whole Foods, and Colorado University.
Software Developer | Consultant2002 - 2009PixelPoint
Technologies: Oracle, JBoss AS, EJB, Hibernate, RichFaces, JSF, Java
- Designed and developed a system that allows mobile professionals to gain access to their sites from any point in the world using such technologies as the internet and remote assistance. It also gathers technical and health information from the Point-of-Sale (POS) stations, sends alerts and notifications, controls licenses, and provides remote assistance and patch management.
- Built a framework for the integration of the electronic payment solutions into Point-of-Sale (POS) system.
- Designed and implemented a security framework for the electronic payment subsystem in accordance with PCI Data Security Standards.
- Designed and implemented frameworks for integrations of the POS with third-party systems such as QuickBooks (accounting), Microsoft MapPoint, and Google Maps (mapping services).
Software Developer | Consultant1999 - 2002The West Group Resources, Inc.
Technologies: Oracle, Delphi, C++
- Designed and developed supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA) that connected over 400 gas stations.
- Implemented software interfaces and protocols between the system and dispenser controllers, tank sensors, and other hardware.
- Designed and developed a real-time supervisory control and data acquisition system (SCADA) for an oil depot.