Lead Engineer2008 - PRESENTNavitel
Technologies: Gerrit, Git, Python, Java, C#, Qt, PostgreSQL, C, C++
- Designed and developed the 3D rendering of crossroads, tunnels, and bridges/overpasses.
- Designed and developed a word-based search algorithm for POIs.
- Designed and developed the merged over maps index for featured address search.
- Designed and developed multilanguage support in the search engines.
- Drastically reduced the skin size with a custom mobile platform SVG rendering engine that allows replacement of many per-dimension PNG images with single SVG.
- Designed and developed a fast address search by coordinates index for back-end services.
- Developed several parts of the desktop map editing tools.
- Optimized several database and storage related requests of online vehicle monitoring system back-end.
- Built several versions of a UI engine as a part of the team.
- Created an OpenGL ES 2D and 3D rendering engine as a part of the team.
- Led the team that developed and optimized the software rendering engine.
- Led the team that developed the first version of POI 3D models optimization, storage, and rendering engines.
- Made many optimizations of memory usage and performance of different core mobile platform engines.
- Reviewed a lot of code.
Linux Programmer2015 - 2016Accountable2You, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: DBus, SQLite, GTK+, Python
- Created a daemon to track titles of user-opened applications and Windows and sent it to the server.
- Created a Deb package for easy distribution.
- Built functionality to store user activity actions in the database if the connection with the server is unavailable and send it later when the connection is restored.
Lead Engineer2003 - 2007Geologika
Technologies: COM, C, C++
- Led a team that developed several Windows desktop applications for several laboratory systems that display, collect, and archive data from up to 100 measurement units and manipulate attached devices manually or automatically by programmed algorithms.
- Led a team that developed a tomography reconstruction and 3D visualization Windows desktop application.
- Designed and developed two plunger pump STM32 ARM v5 micro-controller software that supports manual mode and automatic constant flow or pressure mode.
Lead Engineer, Project Manager2000 - 2003Novosoft
Technologies: C, C++
- Led and managed the team that developed a Windows desktop Jaws PDF Editor v1 and v2.
- Contributed at first to team efforts, later leading and managing the team that developed the Windows CE and Pocket PC Ansyr PDF Viewer.