Fares Ibney Yusuf
ISO 8583 Developer
Fares is a Java developer with over twelve years of experience. He's familiar with a broad set of tools and technologies. He is easy to reach and fun to work with, and he loves to develop exciting and creative applications.
ExperienceJava - 12 yearsSpring - 6 yearsSpring Boot - 4 yearsMicroservices Architecture - 3 yearsApache Camel - 3 yearsSpring Microservice - 3 yearsElasticsearch - 2 yearsISO 8583 - 1 year
Amazon Web Services (AWS), GitHub, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, Ubuntu, MacOS
The most amazing...
...piece of software I've coded is a mission-critical financial gateway. It helps my client to integrate 40+ banks and process thousands of transactions each hour.
- Broke a monolithic app into cloud-based microservices.
- Designed, developed, and deployed new microservices (ebooks, eCommerce) and gateway application.
- Implemented a service discovery server for applications with Netflix Eureka server.
- Implemented CI/CD with GitHub and Jenkins.
- Dockerized the overall microservice application and implemented ELK based centralized logging infrastructure.
- Mentored team members in the development and helping them to catch the new architecture.
Senior Software Engineer
Secure Link Services
- Design, developed, deployed, and led a development team to build a responsive web application built on Spring Boot and AngularJS. The application helps users to find an empty parking spot, parking inspectors can figure out overtime occupancy, and the city authority can better plan future administrative decisions. Wrote the back-end and historical data analysis section with Hadoop and Hive.
- Designed and developed a mission-critical payment gateway with configurable pieces (e.g., banks, parsing methods, etc.). The application is based on the International Organization for Standardization transaction card originated messages standard (ISO-8583).
- Developed a sub-system for a passenger information system implemented in Rail Vehicles. The sub-system connects with registered TFT and Audio devices, updates the destination and route information along with other info such as weather, speed, and passenger count by compartment to a real-time visualization.
Senior Software Engineer
Tiger IT Bangladesh, Ltd.
- Developed a framework on service-oriented architecture. The framework helped the organization to build different projects with reusable services/components.
- Developed and deployed an MRP passport project for an Asian country. The life cycle of the system starts from scanning a passport form, validation, passport allocation, and delivery.
- Conducted technical interviews and coaching.
Spectrum Engineering Consortium, Ltd.
- Developed a full-featured telecom billing solution. Wrote the mediation, CDR parsing, rating, and billing modules for the application.
- Developed an application for a mobile-based community, which provides on-demand streaming audio, video, and pictures as mobile content.
- Developed web service like the server for the project.
- Developed a P2P-based video content sharing application. The project was an implementation of a high-speed video content sharing algorithm.
- Developed a desktop based application for the banking sector to collect utility bills.
- Integrated with several banking software systems to ensure smooth banking transactions and tight security. This software can process any kinds of utility payments or tax payments as well as produce MIS, including payments through auto bill pay, ATMs, BillsPay machines, call centers, etc.
The solution provides a responsive web application built on Spring Boot and AngularJS, which uses Google Maps API to help the users find an empty parking spot. The scope of this application is not limited to finding a parking spot, though. With the help of the smart algorithm, parking inspectors can figure out overtime occupancy in parking spots and take the necessary measures. It furthermore analyzes historical data and generates detailed, configurable parking occupancy reports that help the city authority to better plan future administrative decisions.
Apache Camel, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Spring, Spring Microservice, Angular, Hadoop
Liquibase, Spring REST, JMS
Jenkins, ActiveMQ, JHipster, Flyway, Jira, RabbitMQ, WildFly, Docker Compose, IntelliJ IDEA, GitHub, Mongoose, Docker Swarm
Agile Software Development, Microservices, Microservices Architecture
JEE, Linux, Oracle, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MacOS, Ubuntu, Eclipse, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Spring Data, Elasticsearch, Spring Data Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Apache Hive, Graph Databases
ISO 8583, Payment Gateways, Netflix OSS, GraphDB, Cloud, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Spring Cloud
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology - Bangladesh