Senior Front-end Developer2018 - PRESENTJ&J BabyCenter (via Toptal)
- Owned both the maintenance and evolution of BabyCenter's front-end codebases and the implementation of new projects using the latest technologies such as PWA, React/Hooks, GraphQL, and Next.js.
- Performed third-party integrations with services like GTM, AWS, and Snowplow/Google Analytics.
- Implemented a modern image optimization framework, which included features like lazy-loading images, optimized image sizes and formats, fallback images, smooth UI/UX user transition, and graceful error handling.
- Oversaw production launches, watching logs and making sure everything got to end users smoothly.
- Researched, identified, and wrote front -nd optimization backlog stories.
- Provided maintenance and evolved legacy codebases (based on Java and PHP technologies) while also translating them to a greenfield, new codebase based on React, Node.js, Next.js, Apollo, and GraphQL.
- Performed Google Core Web Vitals optimizations (around FCP, CLS, and other new metrics for SEO and performance).
- Implemented pixel-perfect, from Sketch and Zeplin designs to React, HTML, and CSS using Styled Components, SCSS, and Material UI.
Senior Front-end Developer | Email Template Implementation2019 - 2019Obmedia.com, LLC
Technologies: HTML Email, Email on Acid, Email Markup, Email Coding, Pixel Perfect, PSD to HTML, Email Templates, Email Templating, Litmus
- Implemented around 60 email templates, from design to pixel perfection, over the course of six months, including CSS pixel perfection implementations, responsive emails, eventual corner-cases fixes specific to the device and clients' email.
- Tested my implementations on a wide range of devices and email clients using the EmailOnAcid professional testing tool to ensure optimal coverage. Also, fixed eventual corner cases specific to devices and/or email clients.
- Anticipated implementation limitations (related to specific email clients and/or devices) and coordinated with the design team to get to an optimal ground between design and implementation, while keeping the largest device and email client coverage.
Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2018Translucent Computing
- Created a car valuation iOS native app used in retail or person-to-person trade and re-selling from the UI design in Sketch to the implementation in Swift.
- Suggested and led weekly lightning technical talks to encourage knowledge-sharing between developers.
Independent Developer2013 - 2018Freelancer Web Developer
- Served as a front-end freelancer developing web and mobile apps.
- Designed and developed my own personal website, from sketches through pixel-perfect implementation.
Full-stack Web Developer2015 - 2017Tegra
- Contributed to more than 11 different projects from various segments such as financial, retail, eCommerce, and events, from the start through shipping and maintenance.
- Developed GO, a product made by Tegra. Besides coding, I've implemented the product on its clients and also worked as a UI designer in the conception of GO's mobile app. Technologies used include Angular, NativeScript, Vue.js, Java, and C#.
- Founded and contributed to Tegra OSS organization's projects on GitHub.
- Structured and developed the internship program and trained interns. In my time there, I trained six interns and hired four of them, which turned out to be great developers nowadays.
- Implemented Scrum best practices on development teams, teaching and improving the company Scrum activities.
- Directly managed our interns, from onboarding through their projects, on daily meetings, weekly plannings, code reviews, and performance reviews.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2015Going2 Mobile
- Designed and coded Carrorama's website. Carrorama is the main app of Going2 Mobile.
- Created rich UI prototypes for mobile apps using Sketch and Photoshop, maintaining and evolving the design guidelines.
- Implemented and managed DoubleClick for Publishers—DFP (former Google Dart) in two projects and managed and enhanced it in three other ongoing projects.
- Refactored many API calls in front-end projects to make them faster and providing nonblocking experiences to its users.
- Learned the best practices on DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers) in Google Blog and Google Academy.
- Set up and improved header bidding on DFP following best practices.