Verified Expert in Engineering
Francisco is a hands-on technical lead with extensive experience in iOS, Node.js, and web project development. He's a committed, responsible, and hard-working developer who looks forward to tackling new challenges in programming and leadership alike.
Chrome, Visual Studio, Xcode, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is an inheritance-based workflow, turning a mayhem of UI into a small, scalable, class-oriented design.
- Built and managed a team of 10+ developers.
- Led the development of an iOS app in Swift.
- Oversaw the creation of a React website for subscribers, using GraphQA, Apollo, Redux, Axios. Deployed on S3 using CD, running cached through CloudFront.
- Supervised the development of a React website for a la carte users, using GraphQA, Apollo, Redux, Axios. Deployed on S3 using CD, running cached through CloudFront.
- Led the creation of a React admin for customer service using GraphQA, Apoll, and Axios.
- Oversaw the development of a Node.js server for subscribers using Express, GraphQL, Sequelize, AWS, Aurora MySQL, and Redis.
- Supervised the creation of a React Native app for logistics and packaging, able to develop fast and cost efficient processes.
Arta Shipment (via Toptal)
- Built a website in React using Redux, Fetch, and a custom framework.
Web + Native Developer
SciMar One (via Toptal)
- Created a web-based admin in React, using Redux as a data store.
- Created an iOS React Native app reusing the code that was used to connect the admin with the API. This offline-first app cached the data in case of no signal available. The app was capable of taking pictures, saving them, and publishing them once the connection was restored.
iOS and Web Technical Lead
I Am At
- Created a Node.js back end capable of supporting real-time connections to over 100,000 concurrent users. Express, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Created the iOS app and frameworks that currently are the base of 20+ other apps for TV and radio channels.
- Managed a four-person iOS development team.
- Handled day-to-day decisions on feature implementation or solutions for technical bugs in the platform.
- Led technical communications with the client, attending meetings and designing plans for how to advance with certain requirements.
- Managed a eight-person web development team.
I worked as a contractor for CookUnity for 3 years followed for two years as the CTO.
In my time there, I went from coding an iOS app to hiring 15+ Devs, QA, etc. with whom we built most the application from scratch, based in Node.js, GraphQL, and React.
My role consisted of the following:
I had to take action and decide how a new feature/requirement would be laid out so that we could use existing architecture at a maximum and re-utilize our existing codebase to sprint as fast and solid as possible
iOS TEAM LEAD
I designed and coded the architecture for how was the app going to be laid out, giving different tasks to each of the devs and helping where needed.
The app was written in Swift 2.2, already migrated to Swift 3.0. Used Cocoapods and a series of in-house frameworks used for live interactive content and connection to our back end. Livestreaming is provided by Akamai with auth tokens, video pre-roll using Google's IMA, and AdMob ads between content. VOD streaming in HLS.
Messi Official App
TVN – Televisión Nacional de Chile
React, iOS API, jQuery, Node.js, Socket.IO, CocoaPods
Sublime Text 3, Fastlane, React Apollo, Xcode, Visual Studio
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apple TV, MacOS, iOS, Firebase, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda
Back-end, Apollo, Amazon Route 53, WebSockets
Express.js, React Native, Redux, UIKit, Next.js, Chrome
DevOps, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)