iOS Developer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Web + Native Developer2017 - PRESENTSciMar One (via Toptal)
Technologies: React.js, React Native, Redux
- Created a web-based admin.
- Created an iOS React Native app using the same code that was used to connect the admin with the API. The app was offline first—it cached the data in case of no signal available. The app was capable of taking pictures, saving them, and publishing them once the connection was restored.
- Completed my work in four months' time.
Lead iOS Developer2016 - PRESENTCookunity
- Wrote the app in Swift 4.0.
- Used ReSwift to have unidirectional data flow.
Web Developer2017 - 2018Arta Shipment (via Toptal)
Technologies: React + Redux
- Continued the remake of a website in React.
iOS and Web Technical Lead2012 - 2017I Am At
Technologies: Swift, UIKit, React, Node.js
- Created a back-end capable of supporting real-time connections to over 100k concurrent users.
- Built and managed a base (framework) app in iOS that currently is the base of 20+ other apps for TV and radio channels.
- Managed a four-person iOS development team and an 8-person web development team.
- Handled day-to-day decisions on feature implementation or solutions for technical bugs in the platform.
- Led technical communications with the client, attending meetings and designing plans for how to advance with certain requirements.
- MiTelefe (Development)http://telefe.com/mi-telefe/
MiTelefe is the mobile application of the network channel Telefe (Viacom) in Argentina.
My role consisted of the following:
I had to take action and decide how a new feature/requirement would be laid out so that we could use existing architecture at a maximum and re-utilize our existing codebase to sprint as fast and solid as possible
iOS TEAM LEAD
I designed and coded the architecture for how was the app going to be laid out, giving different tasks to each of the devs and helping where needed.
The app was written in Swift 2.2, already migrated to Swift 3.0. Used Cocoapods and a series of in-house frameworks used for live interactive content and connection to our back-end. Livestreaming is provided by Akamai with auth tokens, video pre-roll using Google's IMA, and AdMob ads between content. VOD streaming in HLS.
- Messi Official App (Development)http://messi.iamat.com/
Technical lead and main React Developer on the new website of Lionel Messi.
- CookUnity (Development)
Main iOS Dev (Freelance)
CookUnity is a chef-driven online marketplace.
My role consisted, at first, of maintaining and debugging an existing app written in Swift 2.2. After that, I worked about forty hours a month improving existing features and adding new ones for this New York-based startup.
Most of the job was coordinated using Whatsapp, email, or Slack. I had a coordinator here in Buenos Aires with whom I have weekly meetings. I like to take charge when it comes to decision-making and help improve the APIs to make the product stronger.
- El Trece (Development)http://www.eltrecetv.com.ar/eltrece-se-expande
A current long-term project of mine. I'm the main iOS Developer, writing the app in Swift 1.0. I lead most of the technical tasks for the app while the CTO handles the back-end. Over the course of the past two years, I've analyzed new requirements and features, made time estimations, and coded the new features as well as managing someone from my team to fix bugs and help develop new features.
- TVN - Televisión Nacional de Chile (Development)http://www.tvn.cl/especiales/app/
An app for channel TVN in Chile. My job consisted of analyzing requirements, making time estimates for the client, coordinating with the design team, and syncing up with the back-end team afterwards. The app was written in Swift 2.2 and features livestreaming, video on demand, video pre-roll, and AdMob ads as well as live interactive content.
- Fastlane: iOS Automation on Cruise Control (Publication)Working on an iOS application can be tedious, especially when you are wasting countless hours doing the most boring tasks: taking screenshots, signing code, and jumping through similar hoops to get your app to the users’ devices. In this article, Toptal Freelance iOS Developer Francisco Reynolds walks you through the ultimate release automation tool for your iOS app and shows how it can save you from all of the tedious tasks.
Libraries/APIsReact, iOS API, jQuery, CocoaPods
ToolsSublime Text 3, Fastlane, Xcode
FrameworksReact Native, Redux, UIkit
PlatformsVisual Studio Code, Apple TV, MacOS, iOS
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)