Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTCottageClass, LLC
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), MongoDB, Redux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Go, React
- Took over and led new features & maintenance for React+Golang webapp.
- Ported React components into composable component framework and instituted Redux.
- Led UX research and customer experience for 2 new features: accounting dashboard and onboarding flow reorganization.
- Refactored payments processing to take advantage of Stripe features (eg subscriptions, refunds).
- Led reorganization of back-end API from page-based handlers to RESTful endpoints.
Lead Developer2017 - 2018Pique Scholarships, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, AWS, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React
- Took over development and maintenance of React+Rails web application.
- Worked closely with product manager to define scope for features and carefully balance new feature development and technical debt.
- Led sprints in an agile fashion using Pivotal Tracker.
- Led development of new features: Scholarship Provider Onboarding, Student Referral Tool, AWS -> Heroku migration.
- Migrated application from SPA+Firebase architecture to relational database (Postgres) to support complex data queries and provide user- and admin-facing data dashboards.
Founding Engineer2016 - 2017Zeal Learning, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, MySQL, Firebase, CSS3, HTML5, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Angular, AngularJS
- Served as the back-end developer responsible for managing API server and data dashboards.
- Implemented variety of frontend features on Zeal's realtime coaching platform.
- Caught bugs in realtime tutoring system, reducing user disconnects by 20%.
- Extended agile process for team, adding weekly IPM and end-of-week Retrospective to existing daily Standups.
- Communicated with customers around data dashboards feature, channeling feedback to product manager and aided in designing final solution.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Pivotal, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Agile, Test-driven Development (TDD), AWS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, React, Angular, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Managed new feature development and existing maintenance for APIs serving as endpoint to all of Cloud Foundry as a member of the API team.
- Contributed to API and front-end development for Cloud Foundry web GUI; entirely TDD workflow as a member of the front-end team.
- Developed tooling and benchmarking framework for deploying and monitoring a highly-available MySQL cluster addon to Cloud Foundry with 100% TDD workflow on the MySQL team.
- Led Fully Agile/XP process in the Pivotal style with daily standup, weekly IPM, and Retro.