- CTOVisual Units2004 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java ME, Python, C, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached, Django, Linux, Debian, Celery
- Created a full-fledged fleet management system from the ground up.
- Took the product through (so far) three successful major database migrations without downtime.
- Created a product and infrastructure with less than an hour of downtime over the last three years, despite 24/7 traffic.
- Created tools to generate Excel reports for customers on demand.
- Developed a dead-reckoning system to track rail car speeds.
- Technical LeadRegistry of Scotland2014 - 2015
Technologies: MongoDB, Python, Flask, AngularJS, RHEL, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Worked as Technical Lead of the Land Registry Act Project.
- Worked to create modern web services for solicitors at the Registry of Scotland's Land Register.
- Deployed a fully redundant system of web applications, interfacing with new and legacy systems.
- Created a distributed logging and tracing system using Python logging and MongoDB.
- Supported releases and operations for an entirely new technology stack at the Registry of Scotland.
- ConsultantSofthouse Consulting2005 - 2013
Technologies: Java ME/SE/EE, Python, .NET, C, C++, MongoDB, MySQL
- Worked as the design team lead for a charging system node.
- Developed a custom business intelligence tool for site managers integrated with the customer's ERP system.
- Worked in a small team to create five complete and separate sales channels on a Django/AngularJS platform in six weeks.
- Led the modernization of developer infrastructure, SCM tools, and source control for a customer site with 150 developers.
- Developed a non-functional test framework for telecom nodes from the ground up.
- Held courses and workshops in Python, Git, and Mercurial.