- CTOVisual Units2004 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java ME, Python, C, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached, Django, Linux, Debian, Celery
- Created a full-fledged fleet management system from the ground up.
- Took the product through (so far) three successful major database migrations without downtime.
- Created a product and infrastructure with less than an hour of downtime over the last three years, despite 24/7 traffic.
- Created tools to generate Excel reports for customers on demand.
- Developed a dead-reckoning system to track rail car speeds.
- Senior DeveloperAssa Abloy Mobile Services2016 - 2017
Technologies: AWS, Java 8, Ansible, EC2, RDS, AWS VPN, CloudHSM, LunaClient
- Developed in Java 8 EE7 on JBoss/Wildfly and Dropwizard.
- Planned and implemented AWS migration and automation.
- Wrote custom Ansible modules for securely deploying secrets to AWS using Amazon KMS and S3.
- Fully automated deployments of CloudHSM clients.
- Planned and implemented zero-downtime deployments.
- Tech LeadDooer AB2015 - 2016
Technologies: Python, Node.js, AWS, Ansible, Flask
- Planned and helped implement a new platform for automated bookkeeping.
- Assisted in building a development team from scratch.
- Planned and executed automation of deployments and provisioning for the new platform.
- Ops ConsultantWondersign2015 - 2015
Technologies: AWS, PHP, Linux
- Helped migrate a product from physical servers to AWS.
- Did load tests and advised on provisioning.
- Together with others, performed final migration to the cloud.
- Technical LeadRegistry of Scotland2014 - 2015
Technologies: MongoDB, Python, Flask, AngularJS, RHEL, RabbitMQ, Celery
- Worked as technical lead of the Land Registry Act Project.
- Worked to create modern web services for solicitors at the Registry of Scotland's Land Register.
- Deployed a fully redundant system of web applications, interfacing with new and legacy systems.
- Created a distributed logging and tracing system using Python logging and MongoDB.
- Supported releases and operations for an entirely new technology stack at the Registry of Scotland.
- Senior DeveloperEricsson2013 - 2014
Technologies: Java, Python, Jython
- Built a new framework for non-functional testing of large distributed systems.
- Created Java<->Python data bridges.
- Enabled visualization of complex and heterogeneous test setups.
- ConsultantSofthouse Consulting2005 - 2013
Technologies: Java ME/SE/EE, Python, .NET, C, C++, MongoDB, MySQL
- Worked as the design team lead for a charging system node.
- Developed a custom business intelligence tool for site managers integrated with the customer's ERP system.
- Worked in a small team to create five complete and separate sales channels on a Django/AngularJS platform in six weeks.
- Led the modernization of developer infrastructure, SCM tools, and source control for a customer site with 150 developers.
- Developed a non-functional test framework for telecom nodes from the ground up.
- Held courses and workshops in Python, Git, and Mercurial.