Verified Expert in Engineering
Fredrik is a full-stack developer with a passion for the back end and an eye for the front end. A team player with a can-do attitude, he finds fulfillment in moving a feature from initial inception to production. Fredrik is experienced with projects ranging from small to large—from rapid development with Elixir in small teams to independent microservices and microfrontends that maintain a unified UX.
IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Docker, Elixir
The most amazing...
...language I've worked with is Elixir—ideal for small, high-performing teams that want to quickly build a scalable product with a small tech stack.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Added a new distribution feature to securely share sensitive files and messages.
- Implemented a performant CSV export with a dynamic query builder UI.
Co-owner and Full-stack Developer
- Launched a sports rental company for Arrow Tag. We ship high-quality arrow tag equipment to all of Germany.
- Built a Jamstack site and the booking process using GitLab CI/CD, Netlify, and AWS Lambda Functions.
- Developed the business model, including shipping options, selected and purchased material, and set up the Google Ads campaign.
- Overhauled the core of a German accounting system for doctor's offices (dgpar GmbH). Increased maintainability of a complex legacy code. Improved DX and roundtrip times from Wildfly JEE monolith to event-based microservice architecture.
- Extracted a Vue.js form library while adding developer tooling, including a form editor based on a JSON schema generated from TypeScript type definitions and an interactive storybook.
- Implemented iWhistle, a whistleblowing platform based on the browser-side crypto using Ruby on Rails, Telekom OTC (deployed in Germany), and GitLab CI.
- Added Mailchimp and Mandrill integration for transactional emails in a Ruby on Rails project.
- Updated the integration of the payment services to ensure PSD2 compliance in a Ruby on Rails project.
- Worked across the full stack of the back and front ends and the back end for front-end applications in the microfrontend environment.
- Added new microservices and split existing ones to ensure small bounded contexts.
- Wrote end-to-end tests on the REST API level to ensure a smooth transition during the refactoring of a major component.
Clickr | Student Response System for Schoolshttps://gitlab.com/clickr_app/clickr_server/
The system enables teachers to give oral grades based on the response data rather than a gut feeling. Teachers also spend less time taking notes on student participation after or during each lesson.
For students, the system encourages engagement—enabling them to immediately see how their oral grade improves and continuously reflect on their participation.
Clickr | Student Response Systemhttps://gitlab.com/clickr_app/clickr/
• A LiveView-powered live in-class dashboard.
• CQRS/ES using a commanded library.
• A Zigbee connector that pushes events from the classroom to the cloud app with a lightweight Elixir app on Raspberry Pi.
• Tailwind CSS and Alpine.js deployed to Fly.io with a GitLab CI/CD pipeline.
Vue, React, Node.js, Vuex
REST, Agile, Functional Programming, Microservices, CQRS
Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Netlify, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Spring, Swagger, Redux, Express.js, Next.js, Spring Boot, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Phoenix
Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, IntelliJ IDEA, GitLab, Terraform, Solr
Gatsby, Architecture, Micronaut, Fly.io, Zigbee, Phoenix LiveView, DocuSign, Alpine.js
Master's Degree in IT Systems Engineering
Hasso Plattner Institute - Potsdam, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Business IT
DHBW Mannheim - Mannheim, Germany
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring