Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, IntelliJ IDEA, PhpStorm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I’ve developed is software that converts UK transport feeds from TransXChange format to GTFS in record time and using limited storage and memory space.
Software Development Engineer
- Led a component of a multiteam initiative that reduced the time taken to launch a new line of business within. Shortened the time from three weeks to 15 minutes by automating all the necessary configurations.
- Removed the single point of failure on the cache cluster by provisioning two new clusters (in different regions), implementing a parallel query strategy for cache GET operations, and ensuring eventual consistency of data across all clusters.
- Automated the existing standard operating procedures to lighten the on-call load.
- Profiled and resolved memory leaks in a data-intensive Angular SPA freeing up around 900MB of memory in a typical user session.
- Introduced Tailwind CSS for prototyping user opinions to reduce the time spent in requirements gathering meetings.
- Replaced the Tabular data displays with visual infographics with drill-down and data inspection feature.
- Created a set of code labs using Jupyter notebooks with an ITypescript kernel to get new joiners familiar with an Angular UI app codebase.
- Reduced the test run time in an Angular UI app from around 16 minutes to two minutes by parallelizing and stripping unnecessary white-box tests.
- Converted a monolithic multi-modular UI application into a composition of multiple micro front-end apps.
- Migrated active codebases from SVN to Git and replaced old build pipelines with a GitLab pipeline and jobs.
Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
- Designed full-fledged eCommerce software architecture for the company.
- Designed and implemented high-performant relational databases for the company's eCommerce applications.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained the suite of scalable REST APIs serving the eCommerce client platform owned by the company.
- Set up and maintained fully automated continuous integration and continuous development pipelines.
- Designed and implemented the customer-facing single-page application, which I then handed over to a junior software engineer.
- Designed and implemented the merchant-facing SPA.
- Designed and implemented the base architecture for the Android application serving merchants on the platform.
- Led and coordinated a small team of engineers in the company for maximum throughput as well as individual growth.
- Designed and implemented an automated data pipeline to harvest transport feed for all UK regions (fortnightly) in TransXchange format.
- Designed and implemented an efficient algorithm to scrap structured data from the raw data available.
- Designed and implemented an efficient data action to convert the transport feed from TransXChange format -XML- to Google Transit Feed Scheme (GTFS) -CSV- in a reasonable amount of time, and using a minimal amount of memory.
- Automated the GTFS output validation using the Google Validator and presented the validation results to the user.
- Designed a scalable query logic for the GTFS output for easy retrieval of transport feed using different criteria.
Fortuna Medical Services
- Designed, implemented, and tested BPM workflows to automate the treatments, record keeping, and billing processes of patients from the referral/admission to discharge.
- Quickly adapted to the software stack in use and fixed bugs to stabilize the existing application.
- Worked on the existing implementations on the JMS layer of the application to manage and optimize background job processing.
- Worked largely on the storage layer of the application, normalized the relationships between the database entities, and also created Hibernate mappings for these entities.
- Used different design patterns and algorithms (e.g., Visitor, Strategy, BST) while binding real-time data to the UI layer to achieve a decent reaction time.
Lead Software Developer
Kangpe HealthCare Services
- Designed and implemented the architecture for the company's cloud-based healthcare system.
- Designed and implemented the relational database that allowed efficient storage and retrieval.
- Designed and implemented REST APIs for the web and mobile clients.
- Designed and implemented the web application used by the admins for managing the platform.
- Wrote an efficient algorithm for the menstrual cycle tracking services the company provided for the adult female users.
Web Developer [Work Study]
Obafemi Awolowo University
- Developed a web app that generated websites for the departments and associations at the university which, in turn, increased the online presence of the institution and made her rank first in the nation on the Webometric scale in 2014.
- Worked with a team that created a news publishing platform for the student community.
- Taught PHP in an organized “train-the-trainers” bootcamp.
GoQuo: Flight Booking Data Pipeline amd Data Aggregation SDKs
Translator: Convert English Text to Arabic Numerals
To run this code and experience its capabilities, simply execute the 'translator.py' file using a Python 2.7.x interpreter through the terminal.
OjaExpress: Ethnic Grocery eCommerce Solutionhttps://ojaexpress.com
TransXChange to GTFS Converter
The UK transport data is released fortnightly and needs to be converted to GTFS upon every release for the company's use of the services it provides to its clients. Hence, there were limits on the storage space used and the processing time and memory. We were able to optimize the implementation of this software to process the gigabytes of data provided in few hours while running on a machine with an average memory of 2GB RAM.
This software was written purely in Python, using a SQLite database for storing intermediate results.
Kangpe Healthcare Systemhttps://www.kangpe.com/
I developed a suite of fast and scalable REST APIs that served the mobile and web clients used by both the medical experts and the other users.
Web-based Yorùbá Numeral Translation System
The designed system was implemented using Google Web App Engine with support for Python. The result of the system evaluation using the mean opinion score approach shows that the system gives a recall of 100% on all the output considered.
Grading System for Non-multiple Choice Tests
It was a web application developed using the Flask framework and using SQLite as the storage technology.
Laravel, Angular, Flask, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Lumen, Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate, Yii 2, Slim, Google Guice, Tailwind CSS
GitHub, Git, PhpStorm, Subversion (SVN), FullCalendar, Capistrano, CircleCI, Chrome Developer Tools, GitLab, IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm, RabbitMQ, AWS Step Functions
Clean Code, DRY, REST API Architecture, REST, BPMN, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Dependency Injection
Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OS X, Firebase, DigitalOcean, Linux, Jakarta EE, Docker, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Java EE, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, JSON, MySQL Server, Google Cloud Storage, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, SQLite, Amazon DynamoDB
APIs, SOLID Principles, OOP Designs, UML Diagrams, Axios, Serverless, Technical Writing, SDKs
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
Obafemi Awolowo University - Ile-Ife, Nigeria