Verified Expert in Engineering
Since the age of 13, coding has been Giorgi's passion. Obsessed with technical details and technologies, he always tries to find better ways of doing things. Perseverance has been the key to honing his skills as a full-stack developer. He has worked on over 15 projects from small landing pages to eCommerce projects as a freelancer or as a full-time employee.
WebStorm, Docker, MacOS, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a real-time dashboard made for the back office of a biker's application company.
Senior Front-end Engineer
TRIVA INC (via Toptal)
- Managed to maintain the clean code for over 4+ years. By using functional reactive programming, incremental refactoring, and rigorous code reviews.
- Observed and learned about domain specifics and nuances. This, in turn, allowed me to develop and maintain domain-specific Angular components over the years. These components provided a solid foundation for the rest of the project.
- Responded rapidly to user requests with my teammates thanks to clean code and fundamental components allowing new features, bug fixes, changes to existing features, etc. We never missed the deadline and always were ahead of schedule.
- Conducted rigorous code reviews and used it as a mentoring opportunity. Provided frequent live demos about the code issues and examined potential solutions. Thus, teammates rapidly developed their front-end skills and increased productivity.
Senior Angular Developer
Freelance (via Toptal)
- Actively participated in code reviews, always trying to maintain high standards in spite of a rapid pace of development, never sacrificing quality.
- Strongly advocated for functional reactive programming using RxJS and Lodash FP.
- Mentored team members in adopting functional programming techniques for maintaining high-quality code.
- Heavily involved in planning and implementing core features of the product, which required extremely complex user interactions.
- Implemented practices, like the above mentioned, that allowed the team to address business needs quickly.
Lannister Group LLC (via Toptal)
- Developed a React-based front-end for a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Integrated both the back-end and front-end with a Web3.js library for blockchain interactions.
- Built a blockchain-event processor on Node.js.
- Wrote stored functions on PostgreSQL to efficiently calculate various metrics.
- Used WebSockets for real-time interactions.
- Developed and supported highly interactive, complex dashboards.
- Built responsive layouts for landing pages.
- Wrote E2E and unit tests for SPAs.
- Developed RESTful APIs.
- Created CD pipelines.
- Developed with Angular 2+ and React (with TypeScript) for various other projects.
- Developed very large single-page applications (SPA).
- Created automated front-end builds for continuous integration.
- Styled custom responsive layouts using the Stylus preprocessor.
- Discussed and planned an integration with the back-end APIs.
Lecturer of Programming Basics
Tbilisi State University
- Refined a syllabus with other colleagues for first year newcomers.
- Taught programming basics with C++.
- Led the lab work for students and helped them with testing and debugging basic programs.
- Created graphic-rich presentations for students about basic concepts such as variables, loops (for, while), conditional operator, functions, and classes.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Built responsive layouts with Bootstrap.
- Developed SPAs using Angular.
- Deployed PHP applications to production.
- Developed back-end APIs using PHP and Node.js.
Full-stack Web Developer
- Developed client-side applications using jQuery.
- Built back-end APIs for websites and mobile games.
- Created common modules for company projects.
- Created a custom CMS for rapid development.
- Styled and created static web pages from PSD files.
- Coded dynamic PHP pages and integrated them with MySQL.
- Deployed PHP applications on production.
- Planned and discussed website designs with designers.
PFP | Security Solutions
. State/3entity management
. Error handling
. Form building, validation, and processing
. Session management
. Handling various CSS styles
I also documented the guiding principles for extending a functionality rapidly without compromising code quality(readability/testability). In addition, I assisted the front-end team during the initial phase of the project, reviewed the code changes, and pinpointed potential design/implementation flaws for new features.
Avastar | Event Technology Solutions
• Contributed to every phase of development.
• Implemented responsive dashboards using Angular 5+ with extremely complex user interactions, including nested tables, multi-level modals, etc.
• Led the team of three front-end engineers.
• Collaborated in designing and building RESTful API's using spring framework, as well as setting up infrastructure on AWS using Docker and ECS.
• Most importantly rigorously advocated and implemented automation for every step of the delivery process.
• Used Jenkins as a deployment pipeline which included automated build, unit and E2E testing, as well as deployments in multiple environments (development, staging, production) and obtaining manual approval between certain steps.
Angular 4 Coaching
English Learning Training Systemhttps://abi.abz.ge/
The system contains video tutorials with interactive exercises. Essentially there are two parts of the system: a user-facing interface and an administrator dashboard.
Angular 4 was used to implement the front-end side, while the APIs were implemented using Node.js. The system runs on AWS, for the container orchestration ECS is used, and SPAs are hosted on S3. The system also includes heavy video processing after uploading video tutorials, online payments (with a local bank), and user subscription management.
Children English Tutorials | Video Portalhttp://abz.ge
I created back-end APIs using Node.js and a content management dashboard with Vue.js. I also did some SEO optimizations. The project is deployed on AWS with automatic deployments using CircleCI. The SPAs are deployed on S3 while the APIs are running on EC2 instances inside Docker containers.
WolfPack | Websitehttps://www.wolfpack.run/
Besides the dashboard, users can log in to their profile through a web portal which is also implemented on Angular. Here they can explore, plan, and create new runs. Heavy use of Google maps was necessary for achieving a high-quality user experience.
CityFitness | Website
AMG's Website | Ember.js Dashboard
ServiceNetGroup | Websitehttp://sng.ge/
Free Announcements Board
A Meeting Tool for Telecommunication
BAMBATA Dance Club | Website
Boomerang | Lost and Found Service
Fenestra | Website
Georgian Fashion Designer Diana Kvariani | Websitehttp://kvariani.com/
Modern Multidisciplinary Medical Center RDC | Website
Angular, Express.js, Ember.js, AngularJS, Bootstrap, NestJS, Angular Material
React, RxJS, Nightwatch.js, Vue, jQuery, Node.js, Google Maps, Web3.js, Socket.IO, Lodash, D3.js, Google Chart API, Ramda
Gulp, Stylus, Grunt, AWS CodeDeploy, Git, Webpack 2, WebStorm, Jenkins, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Jira
Functional Reactive Programming, Functional Programming, Scrum, E2E Testing, Unit Testing, Design Patterns, Agile, Pair Programming
MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
Full-stack, SVG, CSS Selectors, Code Review
Amazon EC2, Ubuntu, Windows, Docker, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Tbilisi State University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Tbilisi State University - Tbilisi, Georgia
MongoDB Certified Developer
Computational Thinking Using Python
Massachusetts Institute of Technology | via edX