Contract Developer2017 - PRESENTDWM Holdings
- Built a robust web tool for configuring light poles with manufacturing grade requirements, validations, and specifications.
- Created a process for importing raw industrial parts from and exporting complete orders to the company ERP system.
- Worked with a small team as a senior developer, responsible for architectural decisions, advising, and mentoring.
Founder2014 - PRESENTFathom.digital
Technologies: Elixir, Phoenix, Ember, Ruby on Rails
- Ran a one-man-band in the remote worker market space, searching for solutions to the challenges of distributed teams and individuals that also call the office home.
- Built a Slack bot to encourage genuine team culture building in situations where in-person communication is not possible.
Contract Developer2015 - 2016Decision Resources Group
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember, GitHub
- Led and developed for three project teams using Ruby on Rails and Ember for web-based big data display and analysis.
- Created reusable components in Ember.js to be used across company projects and boost junior development productivity.
Freelancer2011 - 2015The Worker Ant, LLC
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, WordPress, ActiveAdmin, CSS, Photoshop, Git, Heroku
- Architected a social network integrated with Facebook from scratch for sailing community founded by Mount Gay Rum.
- Created an eCommerce store in Ember.js for tango dance shoes with fully customized business back-end for inventory, customer, and vendor management.
- Redesigned Cointreau.us for launch with Vogue's media campaign.
- Created a genetic algorithm and web interface for exploring how different variable effect selection of solutions.
Lead Developer2009 - 2011DevelopmentNow
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery Mobile, Drupal, Appcelerator's Titanium, CSS, Photoshop
- Created a mobile web application for bidding/managing automobile auctions live for Manheim Auctions.
- Created an image resizing API that provided an intelligently sized image for mobile devices with a single URL.
- Created a mobile application (iOS/Android) for chemistry process timing/management for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Mobilized the existing desktop site of TimeWarner Cable with geolocation matching to service areas.
Freelancer2007 - 2009The Worker Ant, LLC
- Started a business for event registration system for dance festivals, managing payments, tracking subscribed events, and providing organization software for event managers.
- Created websites using PHP-based web software while doing various levels of customization.
- Created an eCommerce website for selling children's books in physical and digital formats.
- Created a web app for bill splitting for complex roommate situations.
- Flaredown (Development)http://flaredown.com
A patient self-tracking platform for chronic illness. Responsible for designing the Rails API, implementing the front-end using Ember.js, and managing the development team throughout.
- eVisit (Development)http://evisit.com
A tele-health platform for doctors to connect with their patients, perform checkups and prescribe medications electronically. Responsible for designing the Rails API, implementing the front-end using Ember.js and managing the development team throughout.
- Ants (Other amazing things)http://ants.herokuapp.com
Personal project exploring genetic algorithms for evolving ant-like things that search for food. Web interface gives information on generation fitness, replay of generation behavior, neural network map, and options for continuing/cloning/modifying the experiment.
FrameworksEmber.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Phoenix
ToolsSlack, GitHub, Adobe Photoshop, Asana, Git
PlatformsMacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
OtherAjax, Mobile Web
Libraries/APIsjQuery, D3.js, Backbone.js
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, NoSQL
- Bachelor's of Science degree in General Science2005 - 2008University of Oregon - Eugene, Oregon