- Head of EngineeringClubCollect2014 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, PostgreSQL, Bootstrap, Mailgun
- Wrote a short plain Ruby class that controlled the flow of millions of euros a year and reduced the risk of an invalid payout being made.
- Optimized a few memory intensive operations and reduced the hosting bill by $1,600 a month.
- Came up with a design that allowed the company to implement features required by customers in a new market.
- Modified the business logic to prevent users from circumventing late payment fees.
- Helped to integrate GitHub, Slack, and SemaphoreCI—introduced a development workflow, automated linting, and testing.
- Helped the company to hire two great software engineers.
- Implemented group email notifications to reduce the volume of emails.
- Software EngineerAdbeat2013 - 2014
Technologies: Python, PyQt, AWS, Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant
- Implemented a system for identifying the most significant websites in the US display advertising space.
- Automated scraping proxy setup with Ansible.
- Automated builds with Jenkins CI.
- Introduced Vagrant for local development.
- Software Engineer | Lead Software Engineer | ManagerRed Sky2010 - 2013
Technologies: C++, Boost, PHP, ActionScript, MongoDB, MySQL, Python, Flask, Tornado, Twisted, Redis
- Created a developer console that reduced the amount of engineering support overhead from 40 to 4 hours a month.
- Automated file system stress testing with a scriptable tool.
- Lowered integration costs by exposing a distributed file system via regular VFS calls.
- Designed and implemented a validation system that reduced fraud in an online for-money gaming site.
- Overhauled a legacy fraud detection system—it reduced the amount of required code by 8 times and enabled the team to grow.
- Shortened a QA feedback cycle from weeks to minutes by automating game testing procedures.
- Built and managed a team building internal networking services.
- Extended the company's processing capabilities with a white hat botnet.