Verified Expert in Engineering
Guilherme is a seasoned developer with expertise in Python. He's passionate about programming. With a deep interest in computer theory, he also loves the practical aspects of computer science. Guilherme has experience building software from scratch and enjoys the challenges that come with it, contributing to his personal and professional development. He has also helped a company scale from zero to over 6000 active users, demonstrating his ability to deliver solutions that make a real impact.
Vim Text Editor, Git, Arch Linux, Back-end Development
The most amazing...
...system I've built from zero was a car-sharing web app, including a server for communication between cars and the app and firmware development for car functions.
Lead Back-end Engineer
Real Estate CRM
- Designed and implemented an event system-based architecture for tracking every event related to the leads.
- Utilized the event system data to feed an automation feature that enabled the users to focus on nonrepetitive tasks.
- Designed and developed a task management feature allowing for multiple tasks to be assigned to a lead.
- Developed a real-time syncing feature between the task management feature and the Kanban board.
- Spearheaded the development of a fully functional and scalable system from scratch, which led to a growth of over 6,000 active users and 1,500 active accounts.
- Implemented Elasticsearch and real-time synchronization with PostgreSQL database, resulting in a significant improvement in search response and speed for users. This also allowed more complex searches to be performed.
- Implemented a continuous integration and deployment process.
- Utilized Celery as a solution for batch processing modifications in the user dataset.
- Created integration endpoints to be used by external and internal applications.
- Implemented internal tools to improve employees' performance on their day-to-day tasks.
- Enacted microservices using Python and Go using gRPC communication between them.
Senior Software Engineer
- Improved performance of slow Elasticsearch queries.
- Maintained software, fixed bugs, and improved existing features.
- Implemented multiple jobs to be executed on Sidekiq.
- Applied a library that sent metrics of user actions to MixPanel.
- Improved services for data enrichment through Clearbit and Moz.
- Implemented an MVP using React on the front end and Flask on the back end.
- Implemented unit tests for both front and back end.
- Implemented a multiple-role access system with an admin panel to manage accounts and advertisements.
- Designed and managed the MongoDB database architecture.
- Created a responsive web app for one of the roles.
- Implemented a PHP extension using C++ using the Zend library.
- Improved the system database query performance for the Automated Certificate Emission System (SAEC).
- Implemented a Delta CLR extension for an OpenSSL wrapper.
- Implemented the Debian package generator for SAEC installation.
- Designed and implement the system architecture and database.
- Implemented a REST API using the Django framework.
- Implemented the system front end using jQuery with asynchronous requests.
- Implemented the TCP server for communication between vehicles and the web app.
- Developed the firmware used in the hardware that broadcasts the vehicle positionands controls some functions of the vehicle.
- Implemented an algorithm for calculating the availability of cars between reservations.
- Created a feature for substituting analog audiometry for digital audiometry exams.
- Helped design the system architecture and database.
- Implemented the patient and doctor management system, the hearing aid management system, and the hearing aid tuning interface.
PodShare Car Sharing System
Analysis of Solutions for Codility Programmer Training
Finding the Notehttps://gnakayama.github.io/finding-the-note/
Django REST Framework, Django, Jinja, Redux, Jest, Flask, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Ruby on Rails (RoR), Zend Framework, gRPC
REST APIs, Python API, API Development, jQuery, Stripe, Stripe API, Sidekiq, Node.js, Apiary API, React, Pandas
Pytest, Celery, Slack, Google Hangouts, Git, Vim Text Editor, Atom, Jira, Adobe Photoshop, Apache, Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Zapier
Unit Testing, REST, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Agile Software Development, Agile, Design Patterns, Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming, Microservices
Heroku, Linux, Arch Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, Arduino, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Lambda
PostgreSQL, Databases, JSON, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Redis
Back-end, Back-end Development, APIs, Webhooks, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Architecture, Software Development, API Design, Amazon RDS, Technical Leadership, SaaS, Computer Science, API Integration, Full-stack
Graduate Degree in Computer Science
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Florianópolis
Algorithms on Graphs
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring