Verified Expert in Engineering
Hao is a back-end engineer and full-stack veteran with a proven track-recod of developing services and software solutions for various companies, ranging from small startups to big top-notch corporations. His expertise spans eCommerce, social applications, games, software infrastructures, DevOps, SaaS, and algorithms. Hao is also proficient in big data, AI, and large language models (LLMs), and excels in executing projects and effectively communicating his ideas.
Linux, Full-stack, Web3, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Python, Go, Java, C++, Cloud, Algorithmic Trading
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished is building multiple applications for startups and large systems, supporting companies from their early stages through growth and IPOs.
- Built the full-stack customer platform and front end for web, mobile web, iOS, and Android.
- Architected the chat and recommendation based on ML, OpenAI GPT API, private LLMA, Finetune, RAG, and LangChain.
- Contributed to the infrastructure and DevOps to ensure the Instacart platform ran smoothly.
- Built the microservice infrastructure and DevOps for the Roblox platform.
- Architected the user spammer, user suspicion detection, and prevention system.
- Improved the performance and scalability of the platform to support 10x growth.
- Spearheaded the development of the company's global real-time logistic platform.
- Built a global intelligence platform tailored for conducting competitive analyses.
- Created the next-generation driver system in Go to achieve a tenfold performance boost compared to the Node.js one.
- Built the async process framework based on Kafka and operated it.
- Acted as a full-stack engineer building the dev portal and pipeline.
- Created the infrastructure and DevOps for an Airbnb back end.
- Built the coupon ads and served billions of audience.
- Architected a pipeline to analyze the performance and results of coupon ads.
- Improved the foundation of the ad display and analytics platform.
- Led a team to build Yahoo email. I built YOS, search, and ads platforms.
- Acted as a full-stack engineer lead and built Yahoo Answers, Flickr, and many other social products.
- Built many Yahoo infrastructure data pipelines and Hadoop stacks.
- Built and supported the global platform of the Siebel system.
- Architected the infrastructure and comm layer for the Siebel system.
- Developed the analytics platform with a team for the Siebel system.
Uber | Global Service Platformshttp://www.uber.com
I worked for them as a tech lead, spearheading the development of their global real-time logistic platform, their global intelligence platform for competitive analyses, and the next-generation driver system.
Airbnb | Product and Service Infrastructure and Data Flowhttp://www.airbnb.com
I integrated the team as a senior engineer and tech lead, contributing to the product and service infrastructure and the communication and data flow within the company's systems.
Google | Ads Projecthttp://www.google.com
I joined the project to combine the power of search and ads with AI technology, working on the ads UI and developing coupon ads.
Roblox | Platform Architecturehttp://www.roblox
I worked at Roblox as a tech lead, handling their next-generation platform's architecture, development, and maintenance, moving from a monolithic to a microservice architecture.
Citrus Lane | Back-end Infrastructure, Website, and Apps
I joined them as a tech leader, leading the team to build the back-end infrastructure, website, and apps.
Siebel | Cross-platform Functionality
I played a crucial role in developing the cross-platform functionality for Siebel, enabling seamless operation on Linux, IBM AIX, and Microsoft Windows, with support for multiple databases, including IBM Db2, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Subsequently, Siebel was acquired by Oracle, marking a significant milestone in its history.
Yahoo | Platform, Infrastructure, and Data Storage Systemshttp://www.yahoo.com
I worked at Yahoo as a principal engineer and tech lead, contributing to multiple tasks regarding the platform, infrastructure, and cloud data storage systems.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Cascades, Django, Boost, .NET
Node.js, Stripe, Stripe API
Logging, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS Key Management Service (KMS), Terraform, HashiCorp, Cloud Dataflow, Git, GDB, CMake, Keycloak, Apache Beam, AWS IAM
DevOps, Hosting, Microservices, ETL, API Architecture, Continuous Integration (CI)
Linux, Apache Kafka, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), WordPress, Blockchain, Kubernetes, Windows, Neto
MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Redshift, Data Pipelines, Data Lakes, ClickHouse
Software Development, Software, Full-stack, Cloud, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Competitive Intelligence, Infrastructure, SaaS, Cloudflare, Architecture, Optimization, Servers, Platform as a Service (PaaS), Web Scraping, APIs, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Structures, Algorithms, Data Engineering, Orchestration, Webhooks, Linear Algebra, Data Scraping, Web Development, System Design, Back-end, OpenAI GPT-3 API, OpenAI GPT-4 API, Stripe Payments, Artificial Intelligence (AI), AI Programming, Data Scientist, Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG), Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Web Services, Dynamic Load Balancing, Plugins, PKI, GPT, LangChain, DDS, Algorithmic Trading, Web3, Analysis, OpenAI
Master's Degree in Computer Science
The University of New Mexico - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Tsinghua University - Beijing, China