Verified Expert in Engineering
Hegwin has been a Ruby software engineer for ten years and has a background in chemistry and biology. On a typical workday at WeWork, you can find him performing full-stack development, helping improve member-to-space experiences in China, such as keycards and conference room booking. He's good at splitting complex tasks into smaller ones to achieve big goals step by step.
Slack, Ruby, PostgreSQL, Google Docs, Rollbar, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ, New Relic, GitHub, React
The most amazing...
...service I've built handles physical access control by connecting to multiple systems to serve more than 60,000 members.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Led and built an app to serve 60,000+ members on physical access control in more than 120 buildings across 11 cities.
- Built a web app to serve members in China to book more than 17,000+ conference rooms in 1,200 buildings all over the world.
- Built data connections between WeWork China and WeWork Global, including real-time and daily data sync.
- Developed a WeChat Mini Program to control the auto-adjustable desks.
- Took part in the localization of WeWork features in China.
Senior Ruby Engineer
- Developed a platform for students who want to improve their performance on the ACT and SAT tests, find their weak areas, and practice by solving problems.
- Helped build an algorithm to adjust question difficulties in the database and find proper questions for students according to their current level.
- Developed a website where students can register for online courses.
- Developed a platform for patients and caregivers in the USA to reduce the cost of drug therapy. It follows HIPAA. When this project became too big, our team separated it into small microservices.
- Built a web app based on early AnguarJS to support the delivery process.
- Developed a web app to analyze users' health status by collecting data from their smart devices. It follows HIPAA, and data privacy is ensured.
- Built a simple app based on Sinatra and Redis to configure backup plans for servers on the cloud. This was a part of the dev infrastructure.
- Developed a web-based multiplayer online game with text UI, including multiple strategies for players and very flexible configuration for game admin.
WuXi AppTec Co.
- Wrote many pure Ruby scripts for biological calculation, such as calculating the homology of protein or genes with BLAST.
- Created scripts in Visual Basic for Microsoft Excel and Word to increase the efficiency of the daily routine for my coworkers.
- Built the public website for Abgent to display its biological products.
Physical Access Control App
Conference Room Booking System
Drug Therapy Interfering System
Ruby on Rails (RoR), AngularJS, Redux, Sinatra, Capybara
Google Docs, GitHub, Slack, RabbitMQ, Helm, Cucumber, SendGrid, GitLab, Subversion (SVN), RSpec, Git, Mailchimp, Jenkins
PostgreSQL, Redis, Alibaba Cloud, MySQL
Rollbar, Sidekiq, React, C3.js, jQuery
New Relic, Kubernetes, Heroku, Docker
Chemical Process Design, Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Translation, Chinese-English Translation
Bachelor's Degree in Applied Chemistry
Suzhou University of Science and Technology - Suzhou, China
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional
Translator Level III
China Foreign Languages Publishing Administration
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring