- Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTResearch Now
Technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Ruby/Rails
- Developed a Spark-based ETL platform to summarize 800GB of daily data.
- Created Oozie tasks to periodically aggregate data.
- Optimized existing Pig scripts.
- Developed Sqoop jobs to move data between Hive and MySQL.
- Decreased ETL pipeline duration by 90% by moving tasks from Pig to Spark.
- Full-stack Developer (Contract)2015 - 2015Autolotto, Inc.
Technologies: Node.js, Babel, ES2015, Ruby on Rails
- Refactored a Node.js Express back-end with ES6/7 via Babel.
- Developed a subscription system to automatically purchase Powerball tickets on behalf of users every draw.
- Implemented use of the Mongoose ORM.
- Created a queued job system to handle financial transactions.
- Performed penetration testing on a prior system.
- Software Engineer (Contract)2015 - 2015IFTTT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React.js, Redshift, SQL
- Redesigned a reporting/ETL system to work on-demand using Amazon Redshift.
- Migrated push notifications to Amazon SNS, saving 98% in push-related costs. Involved live database migrations on millions of rows.
- Developed various web pages, including the open source page (ifttt.github.io).
- Developed an analytics platform for partners to view statistics about channels.
- Improved page load times by fixing caching issues.
- Freelance Software Developer2011 - 2014Bireosoft
Technologies: Java, Java Decompiler, Bukkit, OpenGL
- Created scalable modifications for Minecraft servers with thousands of players using Bukkit.
- Reverse engineered obfuscated Java via reflection and a decompiler.
- Administrated CentOS and Debian servers.
- Managed marketing campaigns to increase popularity of our game.
- Led a team of 10 moderators to encourage community participation and growth.
- Web Developer2006 - 2012M & R Consulting, Inc.
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS
- Developed and maintained a novel and complete document workflow solution for handling medical records and appeals in compliance with HIPAA.
- Reduced the time to manage multiple records to send to dozens of consultants by over 90%.
- Constructed a document upload system.
- Created a robust reporting system to view past cases.
- Developed using PHP-Fusion.