- Ruby (Padrino) Developer2017 - 2017Sameach Vedações
Technologies: Ruby, Padrino, CSS3, Bulma, PayPal, MoIP
- Redesigned the entire website with responsiveness in mind (it was built in 2010).
- Reorganized the information architecture to better suit what the owners had in mind.
- Re-implemented PayPal checkout.
- Refactored a lot of inner code to make maintenance easier in the future.
- Organized tasks through CodeBase and reported progress to client every two weeks (via email, as requested).
- React Developer2017 - 2017Geru (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, CSS3
- Alone, created a full system from layout PDFs using React and Redux.
- Used heavy unit testing with Redux and pure functions to ensure calculations matched company samples.
- Integrated automatic deployment using GitHub pages for testing purposes.
- PHP/API Developer2016 - 2017Smith & Carson (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP 5/7, Phalcon 2/3, RESTful API, Docker
- Implemented a job queueing library using databases for Phalcon, for low throughput but long running jobs, released as open-source code.
- Revamped the PDF reporting feature, with a modular approach and cleaner API, allowing for expansion with new reports as needed.
- Integrated the new ProsperWorks CRM into the existing company systems, with a clean API client and webhooks consumer.
- Helped to upgrade an open-source, Phalcon-based API library.
- Upgraded the application from Phalcon 2 and PHP 5.6 to Phalcon 3 and PHP 7.
- Provided continuous review of the huge application codebase to keep it updated with the best market standards.
- Helped to maintain a legacy CodeIgniter application, while migrating some features into the new one.
- React Developer2016 - 2016KORD Electrical (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, Docker, Material Design
- Developed a complex scrollable application with many different accounting calculations, given the designer prototypes.
- Implemented a React+Redux application following the smart/dumb components pattern.
- Integrated a material design library into the project to have a clean interface for the MVP.
- Organized Docker containers to compile the application and run the PHP API (API not in use anymore).
- Advised the non-technical founder on startup steps (what to build, MVP scope, how to launch, how to investigate the market, etc.).
- React.js Developer2016 - 2016LockState (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, LESS
- Implemented a lot of interface mockups (pure HTML) into React components, interacting with the Redux API made by the other team.
- Analyst Developer2013 - 2015M4U
Technologies: PHP, Symfony, REST/SOAP web services, jQuery, OWASP
- Developed and maintained white-label products, focused on credit card services, through internal web services.
- Created internal structure for new projects, relying in flexible technology choices to accommodate the different API styles the team had to work with.
- Created internal command-line systems to streamline and make it easier to locally install projects and enable deployment.
- Advocated usage of best practices on REST APIs whenever possible throughout other teams in the company.
- Organized a central repository to be used by the several team projects, so internal libraries could be easily shared and controlled, according to version constraints.
- Web Development Intern2013 - 2013Dalhousie University
Technologies: PHP, Restler, REST API, MySQL
- Developed a RESTful server, to be used by several clients, such as a web client, browser extensions, and PDF reader extensions.
- Designed the database and the structure that would be needed for such clients to work properly.
- Strived for a state-of-the-art API documentation, including live samples and API calls right from the documentation page.