PHP Developer2018 - PRESENTeHungry (via Toptal)
- Implemented new features and fixes on a high-traffic portal.
- Updated pre-2010 code to improve maintainability on the long term.
- Moved forward with modern team approaches, such as GitHub tasks, projects, and code reviews.
Lead Python Developer2017 - 2018Radix - Bondinho do Pão de Açúcar
Technologies: Docker, PostgreSQL, Django, Python
- Led project development together with an intern and a seasoned designer.
- Structured the Django project starting from HTML layouts the designer had been working on (based on layouts from an external company).
- Contributed to meetings with the stakeholders, presenting the project and discussing their concerns.
Ruby (Padrino) Developer2017 - 2017Sameach Vedações
Technologies: MoIP, PayPal, Bulma, CSS3, Padrino, Ruby
- Redesigned the entire website with responsiveness in mind (it was built in 2010).
- Reorganized the information architecture to better suit what the owners had in mind.
- Re-implemented PayPal checkout.
- Refactored a lot of inner code to make maintenance easier in the future.
- Organized tasks through CodeBase and reported progress to client every two weeks (via email, as requested).
React Developer2017 - 2017Geru (via Toptal)
Technologies: CSS3, Redux, React
- Created a full system from layout PDFs using React and Redux entirely on my own.
- Used heavy unit testing with Redux and pure functions to ensure calculations matched company samples.
- Integrated automatic deployment using GitHub pages for testing purposes.
PHP/API Developer2016 - 2017Smith & Carson (via Toptal)
Technologies: PhalconPHP, PHP 7, PHP 5, Docker, RESTful APIs
- Implemented a job queueing library using databases for Phalcon, for low throughput but long running jobs, released as open-source code.
- Revamped the PDF reporting feature, with a modular approach and cleaner API, allowing for expansion with new reports as needed.
- Integrated the new ProsperWorks CRM into the existing company systems, with a clean API client and webhooks consumer.
- Helped to upgrade an open-source, Phalcon-based API library.
- Upgraded the application from Phalcon 2 and PHP 5.6 to Phalcon 3 and PHP 7.
- Provided continuous review of the huge application codebase to keep it updated with the best market standards.
- Helped to maintain a legacy CodeIgniter application, while migrating some features into the new one.
React Developer2016 - 2016KORD Electrical (via Toptal)
Technologies: Material Design, Docker, Redux, React
- Developed a complex scrollable application with many different accounting calculations, given the designer prototypes.
- Implemented a React+Redux application following the smart/dumb components pattern.
- Integrated a material design library into the project to have a clean interface for the MVP.
- Organized Docker containers to compile the application and run the PHP API (API not in use anymore).
- Advised the non-technical founder on startup steps (what to build, MVP scope, how to launch, how to investigate the market, etc.).
Analyst Developer2013 - 2015M4U
Technologies: SOAP, RESTful Web Services, OWASP, jQuery, Symfony, PHP
- Developed and maintained white-label products, focused on credit card services, through internal web services.
- Created internal structure for new projects, relying in flexible technology choices to accommodate the different API styles the team had to work with.
- Created internal command-line systems to streamline and make it easier to locally install projects and enable deployment.
- Advocated usage of best practices on REST APIs whenever possible throughout other teams in the company.
- Organized a central repository to be used by the several team projects, so internal libraries could be easily shared and controlled, according to version constraints.