Verified Expert in Engineering
Iliana is a customer-centric senior engineer with a deep interest in database design and data manipulation and experience in working in interdisciplinary teams. She has exceptional communication skills, and she earns the trust and confidence of the business community by taking a deep dive into domain specifics. Skilled in Django, Django REST framework (DRF), FastAPI, Python, and relational databases, Iliana easily pivots to new ideas and is adaptable to other approaches.
Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...projects I've been involved in required a professional focus on data model design and the design of web APIs.
Senior Software Developer
Health Care Co
- Worked as a member of the patient care team, influenced technical initiatives across the engineering organization, and helped steer best practices. Always looking beyond the immediate problem to broader implications.
- Led a project to transform unstructured data into structured data. Designed the new data model and created data migration scripts, unlocking the implementation of a plethora of new features that couldn't be implemented before.
- Presented technology projects and decisions to senior stakeholders throughout the organization and proposed technical solutions to long-standing engineering issues.
Senior Software Developer
- Contributed to the essential features of an in-house process information management system the company was about to launch when I joined the organization.
- Built CI/CD pipelines for automated deployment as part of my role.
- Leveraged different search and discovery tools to create a user-friendly search and recommendation service.
- Worked as a member of a Scrum development team, charged with developing the internal tools platform–an application for creating advertising campaigns and keeping track of their performance.
- Implemented several features on the front end, improving the overall user experience.
- Oversaw and spearheaded a project for adopting a new React UI component library, MUI, formerly Material-UI.
OpenEye Scientific Software
- Transitioned to AWS Step Functions, a managed service, from using Simple Workflow Service to simplify the coordination of AWS resources and track the workflow state.
- Contributed to features that include large-scale computations, data visualizations, data analysis, file handling, results sharing, and project organization.
- Led the redesign of the platform’s SQL database model to improve scalability and performance.
ETL Process and Data Model for Scientific Data
Worked with scientists to understand many new chemistry concepts related to molecular data and its usage and then defined requirements for data visualization and data analysis.
Finally, built the data model for data ingestion from the original binary file and stored it in a relational database management system (RDBMS) to improve access, using MySQL-based Amazon Aurora. The use of the new data model provided improved scalability and performance.
Python 3, Python, C++, C, GraphQL, PHP
Django, Django REST Framework
Django ORM, React
Relational Databases, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora, RDBMS
Celery, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Slack, Amazon CloudWatch
FastAPI, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Data Structures, Programming, Web Technologies, Calculus
Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Master's Degree in Information Systems
Sofia University, St. Kliment Ohridski - Sofia, Bulgaria
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Varna - Varna, Bulgaria
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
DeepLearning.AI | via Coursera
Introduction to Computer Science and Programming
MITx | via edX