President | Research Scientist2015 - PRESENTNyrix
- Researched new cutting-edge algorithms and theories for unsupervised learning. These applications included audio, video, and image analysis, generative modeling, and cognitive architectures.
- Built a new dating app using artificial intelligence for matchmaking.
- Developed the artificial intelligence for a tennis-playing robot.
- Created resource management software for supercomputers using C++ and Node.js.
- Developed a flexible CMS for HTML5 web authoring.
Computer Vision Researcher2019 - 2019Verizon Media
Technologies: WebAssembly, MATLAB, Python, C++
- Headed initial product development for a proprietary augmented reality library for mobile devices.
- Developed autocalibration algorithms for detecting camera parameters.
- Created a novel real-time algorithm for detecting axis-aligned planes in a 3D point cloud.
- Researched a new hybrid SVO/DSO algorithm for performing real-time simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM).
Full-stack Developer | Data Scientist2017 - 2018Akua, Inc.
Technologies: ECharts, LeafletJS, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, Node.js, RabbitMQ
- Built a real-time IoT queueing and data processing system.
- Acted as the lead developer of the UI/UX design development of a web application to view IoT data.
- Built a customized administration suite to view and manage the web application data.
- Developed algorithms to filter and analyze IoT data using sensor fusion, statistics, and machine learning.
Pipeline Engineer | Effects Artist2014 - 2015Brigham Young University
Technologies: Houdini, C++, Python, Node.js
- Set up and managed a computing cluster for 3D rendering.
- Developed new software tools in Node.js for managing the render farm.
- Wrote a snow simulation plugin in C++ for Houdini to do snow effects in a short film.
System Administrator2014 - 2015Solo Effects
- Managed the Debian web server for company projects.
- Built a web-based authentication module using LDAP and PAM.
- Designed a new web-based dashboard for employees.
- Developed an efficient method for dynamically displaying server content in a tiled design.
- Created a bookmarklet to extract relevant content from web pages.
Electrical Engineering Intern2012 - 2012Kimberly Clark Corporation
Technologies: Wonderware ArchestrA
- Optimized the compressed error usage in diaper machines.
- Wrote several HMI screens for diaper machines.
- Performed the electrical support—primarily using Control Logix.