Research Scientist | Software Developer2021 - PRESENTNyrix
- Designed novel deep learning architectures and high performance software to forecast the stock market. Made a high-performant C++ data pipeline with a custom-built database. Developed models in Python and Node.js, with TensorFlow for deep learning.
- Developed artificial intelligence for a tennis-playing robot. Researched new computer vision techniques for ball and court localization in a simulated environment. Prototyped novel CV algorithms with a custom built C++ framework.
- Researched the development of AGI, a new unsupervised learning theories and unconditional input data mining. Developed a C++ framework for prototyping new learning techniques.
- Architected a highly parallel resource scheduler for supercomputing clusters. I used OpenMP C++ for the back-end, with Node.js bindings to integrate with a web front end. Scripted in C and Node.js to integrate with Unix systems.
Senior Data Scientist | Full-stack Developer2020 - 2021CVS Health
- Designed a deep learning ML model to optimize CVS' 2020 flu vaccination program. The model was successful, with high accuracy on real world data, and earned upwards of $1M in profits over a random outreach strategy.
- Created a new data science framework, facilitating faster data exploration and model development in team environments. Integrated libraries like Spark, Hadoop, TensorFlow, MLflow, NumPy, SciPy, XGBoost, and proprietary codebases into the framework.
- Developed a web application to track COVID-19 clinics and shots, primarily for government reporting and optimizing vaccine shipments.
- Researched the applicability of transformer models to patient data and prediction tasks.
- Analyzed and handed business reports to upper management and the CEO throughout the flu season.
Computer Vision Researcher2019 - 2019Verizon Media
Technologies: WebAssembly, MATLAB, Python, C++, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Mathematical Modeling, Computer Vision, Blender, OpenGL, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Headed initial product development for a proprietary augmented reality library for mobile devices.
- Developed autocalibration algorithms for detecting camera parameters.
- Created a novel real-time algorithm for detecting axis-aligned planes in a 3D point cloud.
- Researched a new hybrid SVO/DSO algorithm for performing real-time simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM).
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018Akua
- Acted as the architect and lead developer for a web platform to track shipping containers. Provided ad-hoc product management with the operations and sales teams to design a platform to scale for future product goals.
- Rewrote a legacy multithreaded C server for ingesting sensor and tracking data; Used a multiprocess Node.js server, with RabbitMQ and Redis to queue data for downstream consumers. Provided live updates to the front-end using AMQP and Websockets.
- Designed UI/UX for the front-end, including some graphic design. Used React with major charting and map components.
- Developed algorithms to filter sensor data and forecast shipping movements; employed sensor fusion, statistical models, and machine learning.
- Built a customized administration suite to view and manage web application data; this used a reactive templating framework of my design.
Software Developer | Research Scientist2014 - 2015BYU Animation Department
- Developed physics simulation software to do visual effects in an animated short film.
- Created new software tools in Node.js, C, Bash, and Python to facilitate students' work on an animated short film.
- Managed a computing cluster for 3D rendering and performed IT support for several computer labs.
Full-stack Developer2014 - 2015Solo Effects
- Designed a new web dashboard for employees to host and collaborate on projects.
- Developed various Bash scripts for onboarding employees into the company system, using heavy LDAP and PAM to integrate into the web-based dashboard.
- Performed server administration for a Debian (Linux) VPS.
Electrical Engineer2012 - 2012Kimberly Clark Corporation
Technologies: Wonderware ArchestrA, User Interface (UI), C++, Rockwell Automation
- Developed user interface software for diaper machines deployed to manufacturing plants globally.
- Performed electrical engineering support for diaper machines using Wonderware and Control Logix.
- Optimized compressed air usage in machinery and developed UI to view usage analytics. This yielded both energy and cost savings in production.
Front-end Developer2011 - 2012Kalood
- Developed a small library to efficiently load and display tiled UI content similar to Pinterest for the main site. This replaced Masonry, which had a small but noticeable slowness in layout calculation.
- Created a bookmarklet that scrapes a website for deals and promotions.
Full-stack Developer2008 - 2011Freelance Clients
- Architected various websites and web apps for individuals, schools, and businesses.
- Developed several SPA, Ajax-driven front-end libraries, which were cutting edge for the time; this included a reactive template engine, which predated modern technology like React and Angular.
- Created a PHP framework for the back-end REST APIs with a custom content management system.
- Performed long-term administration for several websites.