Data Architect | Power BI Consultant2020 - 2021AlixPartners
Technologies: SQL, Dimensional Modeling, Database Modeling, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2016, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Microsoft Power BI, QA Testing
- Engaged as a team lead to develop Power BI reports and dashboards using DAX for creating complex measures.
- Developed and enhanced a Power BI report managing COVID-related employee and visitor cases concerning other visitors and locations worldwide.
- Performed QA checks for the accuracy of employee entries data into buildings and floors using SQL statements.
- Utilized Azure Synapse Analytics, data modeling, and Azure Data Factory for ELT processes.
- Ingested data from AWS S3 buckets using Python scripts and processed the data to feed the Snowflake data warehouse.
- Created data modeling in Power BI with data from Snowflake to develop dashboards to meet business users' specifications.
- Developed the SSIS packages in Visual Studio to design ETL solutions and load source data into development and production environments.
- Created pipeline jobs, scheduled triggers, and mapped data flows using the Azure Data Factory.
- Implemented RLS (row-level security) on Power BI reports for business users to restrict data based on user roles.
Senior BI Consultant2020 - 2020IQUBICS Technologies, LLP
Technologies: Microsoft Teams, T-SQL, Azure SQL Data Warehouse (SQL DW), Dimensional Modeling, Database Modeling, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Power BI, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Conducted the data migration from an on-premises SQL Server to Azure Synapse Analytics (DW) and Azure SQL DB.
- Created the tabular models on Azure Analysis Services for meeting business reporting requirements.
- Utilized Azure Blob and data lake storage, loading data into Azure SQL Synapse Analytics (DW).
- Involved in the complete data warehouse development lifecycle. Supported business users with change requests.
- Developed the SSIS packages in Visual Studio to extract, transform and load the source data into ODS and the Data Warehouse.
- Constructed the SSRS tabular reports to auto-save and auto-email the reports to designated users.
- Developed complex SQL queries using stored procedures to support Power BI reports along with DAX measures.
Data Engineer | Power BI Consultant2019 - 2020Cisco
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Excel 2013, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence (BI), Microsoft Power BI, Dimensional Modeling
- Led the transition of video recordings and streaming data statistics from Excel and SSRS reports to Power BI and performed QA checks before publishing data to Power BI reports.
- Acted as project lead for design, development, and implementation of data warehouse and Microsoft BI solutions. Also performed data QA tests on data from source to match the values on target databases.
- Developed SSIS packages to ETL various source data into database and designed star schema models for Power BI.
- Created multiple reports using Power BI Desktop with Import and DirectQuery and advanced data modeling.
Senior BI Developer2018 - 2019SSDataInfo, Inc.
Technologies: SQL, Oracle RDBMS, DAX, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2012, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Implemented a BI reporting solution for medical health records data management and disease surveillance data.
- Imported data from Oracle DB, created data modeling, calculated columns, and measures for Power BI reports.
- Used PL/SQL for ETL tasks, such as bulk inserts of flat files, data transformations, and data loads for reports.
- Worked with advanced data analysis expressions (DAX) to create complex measures and visualizations for medical health records and disease data surveillance in visual forms as per business requirements.
- Interpreted and analyzed clinical data from various sources and recommended best practices. Reviewed the existing reports and converted them into dynamic visual reports.
Lead BI Consultant2003 - 2018Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development, LP
Technologies: SQL, ITIL V3 Foundation Certified, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Power BI, T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Business Intelligence (BI)
- Created Power BI reports for Wells Fargo and Bank of America software and hardware break-fix call metrics. Managed SLA reporting for BoA and Wells software and hardware support calls.
- Implemented row-level security on Power BI reports for various regional and district managers and support techs.
- Created and managed different SharePoint sites for internal usage in order to streamline specific processes.
- Automated the delivery mechanism of Excel reports to user emails using scripts and SQL Server daily jobs.
- Used PL/SQL and T-SQL for ETL tasks, bulk inserts of flat files, data transformations, and data loads from different sources.