- Web Developer2015 - PRESENTA/R Concepts
Technologies: Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP, jQuery
- Stabilized legacy software.
- Web Developer2015 - PRESENTTactick
Technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, PHP, jQuery, WordPress
- Took legacy code and brought it into an MVC pattern proprietary framework by encapsulating existing code structures.
- Contract Web Developer2009 - 2016Mlily USA
- Implemented a highly customized order management system.
- Provided consulting to stakeholders marketing and web marketing strategies.
- Photoshopped marketing photos to prepare them for print and web.
- Created a style order management system using Twitter Bootstrap and custom CSS.
- Developed a ledgering system for tracking customer payment accounts.
- Synchronized two PHP/Smarty/jQuery model-view-controller (MVC) systems such that they swap out modules.
- Contract Web Developer2008 - 2016The Bed Boss
- Created an eCommerce site with product management capability.
- Implemented an order management system.
- Devised a method to display dynamic products in a client side widget that is distributable.
- Maintained PCI compliance.
- Styled a site's HTML/CSS from designer brand guidelines and imagery.
- Maintained responsive design elements to fit a prescribed list of devices from 320px to 1900px+ and responded within 2 hours to all comments and feedback from UX testing.
- Contract Web Developer2004 - 2016Redstone Chiropractic
- Maintained site hosting and responded to minor, ongoing client needs.
- Created an information portal for back pain support.
- Implemented a content management administrative area for portal management.
- Trained a small business owner in portal information updating methodology.
- Created icons, themes, and the style of the site.
- Stood by for critical issues and consulting calls between 9am and 9pm CST.
- Web Developer, Server Consultant2014 - 2015Music Professor
Technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, CodeIgniter, jQuery, Jasny Bootstrap, Less, Compass, Grunt, Modernizer
- Remained available for super quick fixes.
- Updated small, visually concerning and/or just plain wrong elements.
- Conducted server maintenance, including log research and minor forensics after outages and reported to client.
- Suggested monitoring and hosting options/services.
- Provided the best service as quickly as possible while maintaining a professional foot forward to the public at all costs.
- Web Developer, Server Consultant2014 - 2015Recruiters-Edge.com
- Maintained a smoothly running site and prevented site overload issues at all costs.
- Developed/consulted on Google API for SMTP authentication and PHP mail delivery via that API.
- Upgraded/consulted the Linux/Apache Webserver (1) and second Linux server (2) for the MariaDB.
- Placed a maintenance message on the login screen reminding users starting at least 48 hours in advance of any scheduled maintenance and performed that maintenance after 12:30 am CST with a roll-back time of 3:00 am CST.
- Maintained a Git source repository along with a staging site that is hosted on identical hardware and can be used as a remote from master running in production to accomplish simple merging for source upgrades and patches.
- Contract Web Developer2013 - 2014Modern Essentials
- Finalized responsive design while solving specific customer needs regarding display elements.
- Set up Linux server, Apache virtual host configurations, and DNS records.
- Created a highly customized content management framework in PHP5.
- Coded on a highly customized order management system using PHP5.
- Senior PHP Developer2008 - 2014ICGLink (Internet Consulting Group), Inc
- Quoted modules and applications for clients.
- Guided clients to solutions for business challenges.
- Teamed with creative elements of the company to produce dynamic, template driven sites.
- Developed web applications in PHP and ColdFusion.
- Provided group PHP5 skill development sessions to company developers.
- Development Manager2013 - 2013Iostudio, LLC
- Managed 8 reports: 7 in house, 3 senior roles, 1 local contractor.
- Assisted the development director with Agile implementation.
- Disseminated creative direction to developers.
- Supported self-managing scrum teams.
- Championed Dale Carnegie leadership training to aid with assertive communications in the workplace.
- Bought donuts.
- Director of Engineering2012 - 2013Moontoast, LLC
- Managed 15 reports: 5 in house, senior roles, 10 outsourced roles in India, Phillipines, and Mexico.
- Oversaw and facilitated continued PCI DSS Compliance (Level 1).
- Raised team and company morale through servant leadership and camaraderie.
- Worked with the CTO and VP of Engineering to manage company spend for human and infrastructure resources.
- Monitored Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) auto-scaling web server.
- Assigned technical leads to forward looking workstreams.
- Developed Magento integration for delivery of Facebook posted eCommerce orders running within clients of the Moontoast CMS.
- WordPress Developer2012 - 2012Charity Dreams
Technologies: WordPress, Advanced Custom Fields
- Created a full checkout mechanism using Stripe.
- Included custom templates for every type of post and custom-post-type.
- Used Advanced Custom Fields plugin to store custom data entry fields on a per custom-post and regular post type basis.
- Coded some jQuery sliders driven from custom post, postmeta data.
- Helped implement a framed up site from an Italian startup and assisted as a monitor for various performances indicators and reported these to the client.
- NASA Contractor, Marshall Space Flight Center2006 - 2008BG Smith
- Served as a member of the Architecture and Compliance board.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained numerous internal and external NASA and MSFC web sites in PHP and ColdFusion.
- Integrated NASA Agency level authentication via Lightweight Active Directory Protocol (LDAP) and "eAuthentication" methods.
- Configured Apache on MSFC development, staging, and production web servers.
- Automated and maintained MSFC self-signed and Entrust-signed SSL certificate creation and installation process.
- Data Coordinator, Linux Admin, and PHP Developer2003 - 2006Bridium
- Supported the missions of facilitating workers' compensation claims' data transfers.
- Automated business needs using shell scripts, batch files, and PHP scripts.
- Provided web site outage response (on call around the clock, 365 days per year).
- Received promotion from technical support (Data Coordinator) to admin and developer positions.