Contract Web Developer2013 - PRESENTModern Essentials
- Finalized responsive design while solving specific customer needs regarding display elements.
- Set up Linux server, Apache virtual host configurations, and DNS records.
- Created a highly customized content management framework in PHP 5.
- Coded on a highly customized order management system using PHP 5.
- Maintained night/weekend status as per-issue support for the client.
Web Developer2015 - 2019A/R Concepts
Technologies: Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP, jQuery
- Stabilized legacy software.
- Managed Windows and Linux infrastructure.
- Managed Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS).
- Worked directly with end users as a technical support line.
- Set up SFTP server for secure file management.
- Created NEMSIS XML file format messages.
- Automated NEMSIS reporting to TX DSHS.
- Created administrative controls over system functions.
- Hired and managed three programmers.
Web Developer2015 - 2019Tactick
Technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, PHP, jQuery, WordPress
- Took legacy code and brought it into an MVC pattern proprietary framework by encapsulating existing code structures.
- Wrapped a web app in a native iOS application.
- Supported Android and iOS app store versions of the wrapped web app.
- Managed server infrastructure at AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SNS).
- Managed a push notification service called OneSignal.
- Tracked and solved end user and client tickets via Trello.
Contract Web Developer2009 - 2016Mlily USA
- Implemented a highly customized order management system.
- Consulted on stakeholders' marketing and web marketing strategies.
- Photoshopped marketing photos to prepare them for print and web.
- Created a style order management system using Twitter Bootstrap and custom CSS.
- Developed a ledgering system for tracking customer payment accounts.
- Synchronized two PHP/Smarty/jQuery model-view-controller (MVC) systems such that they swap out modules.
Contract Web Developer2008 - 2016The Bed Boss
- Created an eCommerce site with product management capability.
- Implemented an order management system.
- Devised a method to display dynamic products in a client side widget that is distributable.
- Maintained PCI compliance.
- Styled a site's HTML/CSS from designer brand guidelines and imagery.
- Maintained responsive design elements to fit a prescribed list of devices from 320px to 1900px+ and responded within two hours to all comments and feedback from UX testing.
Contract Web Developer2004 - 2016Redstone Chiropractic
- Maintained site hosting and responded to minor, ongoing client needs.
- Created an information portal for back pain support.
- Implemented a content management administrative area for portal management.
- Trained a small business owner in portal information updating methodology.
- Created icons, themes, and the style of the site.
- Stood by for critical issues and consulting calls between 9am and 9pm CST.
Web Developer, Server Consultant2014 - 2015Music Professor
Technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, CodeIgniter, jQuery, Jasny Bootstrap, Less, Compass, Grunt, Modernizer
- Remained available for super quick fixes.
- Updated small, visually concerning, and/or just plain wrong elements.
- Conducted server maintenance, including log research and minor forensics after outages and reported to the client.
- Suggested monitoring and hosting options/services.
- Provided the best service as quickly as possible while maintaining a professional foot forward to the public at all costs.
Web Developer, Server Consultant2014 - 2015Recruiters-Edge.com
- Maintained a smoothly running site and prevented site overload issues at all costs.
- Developed/consulted on Google API for SMTP authentication and PHP mail delivery via that API.
- Upgraded/consulted the Linux/Apache Webserver (1) and second Linux server (2) for the MariaDB.
- Placed a maintenance message on the login screen reminding users starting at least 48 hours in advance of any scheduled maintenance and performed that maintenance after 12:30 am CST with a roll-back time of 3:00 am CST.
- Maintained a Git source repository along with a staging site that is hosted on identical hardware and can be used as a remote from master running in production to accomplish simple merging for source upgrades and patches.
Front-end Engineer2014 - 2014Beats by Dr. Dre
Technologies: CSS, HTML, Bootstrap
- Joined the project as one of a team of two front-end engineers.
- Distributed work within the project to equally share responsibilities.
- Received artwork to be sliced into HTML with fast loading performance.
- Fashioned CSS to exactingly style HTML to match received artwork.
- Replied with near immediate updates to requested changes from the Dr. Dre project manager.
Senior PHP Developer2008 - 2014ICGLink (Internet Consulting Group), Inc
- Quoted modules and applications for clients.
- Guided clients to solutions for business challenges.
- Teamed with creative elements of the company to produce dynamic, template driven sites.
- Developed web applications in PHP and ColdFusion.
- Provided group PHP5 skill development sessions to company developers.
Development Manager2013 - 2013Iostudio, LLC
- Managed eight reports: seven in house, three senior roles, and one local contractor.
- Assisted the development director with Agile implementation.
- Disseminated creative direction to developers.
- Supported self-managing scrum teams.
- Championed Dale Carnegie leadership training to aid with assertive communications in the workplace.
- Bought donuts.
Director of Engineering2012 - 2013Moontoast, LLC
- Managed 15 reports: five in-house, senior roles and 10 outsourced roles in India, the Philippines, and Mexico.
- Oversaw and facilitated continued PCI DSS Compliance (Level 1).
- Raised team and company morale through servant leadership and camaraderie.
- Worked with the CTO and VP of Engineering to manage company spend for human and infrastructure resources.
- Monitored Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2) auto-scaling web server.
- Assigned technical leads to forward looking workstreams.
- Developed Magento integration for delivery of Facebook posted eCommerce orders running within clients of the Moontoast CMS.
WordPress Developer2012 - 2012Charity Dreams
Technologies: WordPress, Advanced Custom Fields
- Created a full checkout mechanism using Stripe.
- Included custom templates for every type of post and custom post type.
- Used Advanced Custom Fields plugin to store custom data entry fields on a per-custom post and regular post type basis.
- Coded some jQuery sliders driven from custom post and post metadata.
- Helped implement a framed up site from an Italian startup and assisted as a monitor for various performances indicators and reported these to the client.
NASA Contractor, Marshall Space Flight Center2006 - 2008BG Smith
- Served as a member of the Architecture and Compliance board.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained numerous internal and external NASA and MSFC web sites in PHP and ColdFusion.
- Integrated NASA Agency level authentication via Lightweight Active Directory Protocol (LDAP) and "eAuthentication" methods.
- Configured Apache on MSFC development, staging, and production web servers.
- Automated and maintained MSFC self-signed and Entrust-signed SSL certificate creation and installation process.
Data Coordinator, Linux Admin, and PHP Developer2003 - 2006Bridium
- Supported the missions of facilitating workers' compensation claims' data transfers.
- Automated business needs using shell scripts, batch files, and PHP scripts.
- Provided website outage response (on call around the clock, 365 days per year).
- Received promotion from technical support (data coordinator) to admin and developer positions.