Verified Expert in Engineering
Jean-Sebastien is a software developer and engineer with enterprise-level experience who has worked with multiple technologies in the last 16 years. He contributed to various feature developments as a full-stack developer and DevOps engineer at Genetec. In the last three years, Jean-Sebastien had five teaching assignments in software QA and project management. Previously and during his studies, he also had several lab teaching assignments in databases, Unity, and QA classes.
C#, React, Vue, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, Entity Framework, ASP.NET MVC
The most amazing...
...project I've contributed to was in a Kanban, full-stack, and DevOps team, prioritizing testing and quality in the release pipeline.
G-A-P Supply Corp.
- Added the project in Azure DevOps to use Git, Kanban boards, and CI/CD pipelines to make the project easier to manage and deploy.
- Fixed several bugs and added new features while refactoring some existing code along the way for better maintainability.
- Worked on a project with no documentation or multiple solutions of the same code to build different targets. Created documentation to list the install steps, requirements, account privileges, scheduled tasks, and database used.
École de Technologie Supérieure
- Maintained existing mission-critical in-house software for the university registrar and departments.
- Integrated the external REST API for student COVID-19 lump sum claims in the 1st sprint and time-critical delivery.
- Solved a login issue with our central authentication service that had been pending for six years.
- Mentored one intern and promoted better quality best practices.
Full-stack Developer and DevOps Engineer
- Migrated web apps microservices from .Net Framework 4.6 to .Net Core 3.1 with Docker and the Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Wrote an import tool to transfer several terabytes of digital evidence from the client's case management system to Genetec Clearance, with field mapping and integrity checking.
- Supervised one intern and coached three others during their internships.
- Executed complex dynamic Cartesian test cases in Jest for React.
- Implemented every aspect of the features delivered, including the front end, back end, API, message bus, infrastructure change, unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests.
- Recognized as the most active code reviewer two years in a row, providing insightful comments.
Cloud Services Engineer Intern
- Fixed bugs in Unity Collaborate and the Unity launcher.
- Integrated form templating in Collaborate with scriptable events to customize and publish actions, such as Slack notifications, as part of my internship project.
- Hired for a part-time position after my internship to help the team's software development environment throughput by implementing a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline with Mac and Windows 7/8/10 build and test agents.
- Resolved flaky end-to-end tests with Protractor, adding screen recording to help developers see why the test failed.
- Conducted research and development with testing frameworks, Spectron and SikuliX, to automate some stress tests.
Programmer and Analyst – Internship I and II
Ecole de technologie superieure ETS
- Developed MonÉTS, a student portal that centralizes data from various in-house apps at ETS during my first internship.
- Extended MonÉTS to support multiple roles, including employees, teaching assistants, professors, and over 20 other roles, each with its additive configuration.
- Gained a daily usage of over 4,000 unique visitors with 10,000 student portals created within the first year of MonÉTS.
- Developed an eCommerce website that synchronizes inventory and orders inside the Dynacom accounting system.
- Created WordPress landing websites for existing customers.
- Built plugins to automate new website integrations for future customers.
Programmer and Analyst
Agency for Health and Social Services Laurentides
- Completed 800 requests for change in the Progress 4GL in-house application within my first employment year.
- Developed and maintained six .Net Framework 1/2/3.5 website form applications.
- Published a 400-page user guide and provided training for the IMAGES, Progress 4GL console app.
- Configured and developed 28 TYPO3 websites with public, intranet, and secured extranets.
Software Features Development for Genetechttps://resources.genetec.com/genetec-clearance-evidence-management
The first challenge was to set up their nodes to use and access Azure file share as storage, securely, and with YAML configs to ease deployments towards continuous integration and deployment on Azure.
They are still developing their API, a port, and a partial rewrite of their desktop application shown on the project URL.
MonÉTS Student Portalhttp://portail.etsmtl.ca
The project uses various data sources from applications, SQL databases, stored procedures, REST APIs, calendars, RSS feeds, Twitter API, Facebook Graph API, .Net Framework 4.5, and Knockout.js for MVVM pattern.
ASP.NET MVC, Jest, Knockout (Knockout.js), Bootstrap 3+, NUnit, .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC 4, .NET Core, Bootstrap, Android SDK, TYPO3, SpecFlow, Windows PowerShell, .NET 4, Angular, Protractor, Rhino Mocks, Scrapy, .NET 2, .NET 3, Razor, MVC Razor, Blazor, Unity
LINQ, React, Entity Framework, Rollbar, Log4Net, Vue, Vuex, DirectX, Jenkins Pipeline, jQuery, jQuery UI, Castle DynamicProxy, Infragistics, jQuery DataTables, Twitter API, Facebook API, Google Calendar API
GitLab, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Visual Studio, Postman, Wallaby.js, DataTables, xUnit.net, Progress 4GL, SikuliX, Jenkins, PhpMyAdmin
Web Development, API Integration, Full-stack, RESTful Microservices, CI/CD Pipelines, Web MVC, Oracle8i, Messaging, Requirements, User Requirements, Software Architecture, Software Engineering, User Interface (UI), Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), Web Security, Mobile Apps, Networking, Requirements & Specifications, University Teaching, Test Specifications, .NET 6, SOC Compliance, RSS Feeds
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Microservices, Agile Project Management, REST, Dependency Injection, Microservices Architecture, Testing, Testing & Maintenance, DevOps, Azure DevOps
Azure, Unix, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure IaaS, Azure PaaS, WordPress, Android, DotNetNuke (DNN)
PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Database Performance, NoSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Oracle SQL, SQL Server 2017
Undergraduate Coursework in Software Engineering
École de Technologie Supérieure (ÉTS) - Montreal, Canada
Associate Degree in Software Development
Collège Lionel-Groulx - Sainte-Thérèse, Canada
AZ-203 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
TYPO3 CMS Certified Integrator (TCCI) – Version 4