Freelance Developer2019 - PRESENTFreelance Work
- Worked and led a small team for a client who sells 3D printed models for Wargaming Tabletop games. Built an extension to the website for customers to make custom 3D models. Built the front end in Unity WebGL and the back end in Node.js and MongoDB.
- Worked and led a small team on a Node.js, MySQL Discord, and Twitch bot to assist speedrunners with managing community races within their Discord channel.
- Collaborated on a VR-style public service announcement application that immersed users in VR cinematics playing out in front of them and showing the impact of their decisions.
- Worked on a Unity AR game that encouraged kids to explore the world around them and measure things, strengthening their math skills. Also utilized PlayFab BaaS to handle user accounts and save data.
- Worked on a mobile app that helped student drivers track the required hours to obtain their driver's license. Built the front end with Unity iOS and Android and the back end in PHP and MySQL.
Lead Developer2016 - 2019North Star Games
- Worked as a full-stack developer focused on creating the digital versions of North Star Games' board games.
- Acted as a software architect focused on creating all of the systems for Evolution: The Video Game.
- Interfaced directly with the project manager and artists to implement the design requirements for Evolution: The Video Game.
- Researched new technologies to implement in the game.
- Led the development team of full-time developers and contractors.
Senior Consultant2013 - 2015Booz Allen Hamilton
- Worked as a software developer creating applications for various government contracts.
- Developed serious games and interactive media projects in Unity 3D—creating the building blocks the designers used to make the applications.
- Developed native iOS applications for various government clients.
Software Specialist I2011 - 2013CareWorks Technologies
Technologies: Java, Gherkin, Cucumber, Ruby, Agile Software Development, Scrum
- Developed an automated testing framework for Nationwide Insurance's internal software; I was contracted out for this project.
- Built an automation testing framework around a Java desktop application.
- Built an automation testing framework around a Cobol desktop application.
- Taught the QA staff how to use an automated testing framework.
Staff Programming Specialist2006 - 2011The Equity Engineering Group, Inc.
Technologies: SQL, Java, .NET, C#, Agile Software Development, Scrum
- Started out as a part-time employee while finishing up college and eventually was hired full-time upon graduation.
- Worked as a junior developer on a small team—building a 4-tier Windows application for the engineers in their consulting work with oil refineries.
- Developed an MVC framework and the UI to connect to the server, database, and calculator.
- Converted VBA applications to .NET or Java applications.