Lead Developer2016 - 2019North Star Games
- Worked as a full-stack developer focused on creating the digital versions of North Star Games' board games.
- Acted as a software architect focused on creating all of the systems for Evolution: The Video Game.
- Interfaced directly with the project manager and artists to implement the design requirements for Evolution: The Video Game.
- Researched new technologies to implement in the game.
- Interviewed and managed junior developers and contractors.
Senior Consultant2013 - 2015Booz Allen Hamilton
- Worked as a software developer creating applications for various government contracts.
- Developed serious games and interactive media projects in Unity 3D—creating the building blocks the designers used to make the applications.
- Developed native iOS applications for various government clients.
Software Specialist I2011 - 2013CareWorks Technologies
Technologies: Java, Gherkin, Cucumber, Ruby
- Developed an automated testing framework for Nationwide Insurance's internal software; I was contracted out for this project.
- Built an automation testing framework around a Java desktop application.
- Built an automation testing framework around a Cobol desktop application.
- Taught the QA staff how to use an automated testing framework.
Staff Programming Specialist2006 - 2011The Equity Engineering Group, Inc.
Technologies: SQL, Java, .NET, C#
- Started out as a part-time employee while finishing up college and eventually was hired full-time upon graduation.
- Worked as a junior developer on a small team—building a 4-tier Windows application for the engineers in their consulting work with oil refineries.
- Developed an MVC framework and the UI to connect to the server, database, and calculator.
- Built a Java desktop application.
- Converted VBA applications to .NET or Java applications.