Jithin Prakash K
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Software Developer
Jithin is a data science enthusiast in machine learning and artificial intelligence skilled in Python, ML algorithms, Pandas, NumPy, data visualization, Matplotlib, and Seaborn. He is an advanced manufacturing engineer with extensive experience in aerospace, heavy engineering, and engineering support services. His expertise spans project management, production process planning, process improvement, statistical process control, and resource management.
Matplotlib, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data Science, Python 3, Jupyter Notebook, Heatmaps
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is a cost-saving project for a manufacturing firm that received a SME award for statistical process control and Lean manufacturing.
Lead Data Scientist
- Analyzed the metrics of data quality for multiple component manufacturer sites across the APAC region using Data Studio dashboards and BigQuery.
- Partnered with vendors in discussions and brainstorming to obtain the quality data on time for better analysis on data-based decision making.
- Connected and managed the tasks with all cross-functional stakeholders, including but not limited to test engineers, software engineers, program managers, product managers, etc.
- Onboarded new vendors and partners into the Google ecosystem, making the stakeholder understand the data standardization process and ensuring the quality of data using advanced SQL and Looker.
- Handled and wrangled the data center component manufacturing, test, symptom, debug, rework, indictment, and traceability data.
- Researched and developed data automation techniques to automate the data quality rules across the test data from all APAC-based vendors using Data Plex.
Product Analysist | Data Scientist
- Acted as the product analyst with supply chain management tech dealing with product scheduling and logistic conﬁgurator.
- Worked on the tracking instructions data to analyze the delivery timelines and latency eﬃciency.
- Worked with stakeholders in identifying the KPIs and aligning the objectives, key actions, and results.
- Worked on demand shaping assignment to assess the eﬃciency of the fulﬁllment centers with respect to the production capacity to automate the processes.
Health IQ - Engineering
- Worked for and with the marketing and sales team of a fast-growing health insurance ﬁrm in generating dashboards in periscope using advanced SQL queries on Amazon Redshift SQL database.
- Worked on a customer segmentation project analyzing the demographics and the customer trend.
- Worked on DBT, creating a materialized view and dashboarding the data insights using Looker.
Lead Data Scientist
Tata Consultancy Services
- Acted as a BI analyst, building solutions for business problems via simple visualization reports and dashboards. Processed, cleaned, and verified the integrity of data. Created and managed multiple dashboards in PostgreSQL and Looker.
- Identified feature importance for the datasets. Partnered cross-functionally with product managers, marketing and sales directors, core platform engineers, and AI researchers to improve the marketing and sales strategy and processes.
- Served as a data analyst dealing with real-time manufacturing data to ensure data are within range and provide insights on trends, patterns, and anomalies. Used these for machine learning to enhance productivity and drive better business outcomes.
- Developed advanced algorithms to solve issues of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective way. Gained experience in hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes on large, unstructured data sets.
- Provided technical support for continuous improvement of divisional manufacturing projects and processes. Created data-based dashboards to report engine health monitoring and predict anomalies and maintenance using SQL and Python.
- Conducted exploratory data analysis (EDA) and data automation of measurement system analysis using Python programming. Gained team management and skill development experience and conducted Agile project planning and project management.
- Honed my extensive programming and debugging skills in Python using Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, SciPy, and TensorFlow. Gained experience in data mining, text mining, and predictive and forecast modeling.
- Worked on machine learning algorithms but not limited to linear regression, logistic regression, clustering using KNN, DBSCAN, decision tree, random forest, gradient boosting, and neural networks using Keras and TensorFlow.
- Awarded the Best Performer 2014-15 and Star of the Month awards. Acquired the Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
Statistical Process Control Engineer
- Managed 200+ resources as production in charge and managed the resources and inventory.
- Automated documentation and reporting using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and Python. Developed a tool based on PowerPoint and Visual Basic to document the entire helicopter assembly manual and instructions.
- Developed in SAP and worked on SAP data and data analysis using Tableau, Excel, and Python. Utilized my expertise in data optimization and structuring related to the Bill of Materials creation for manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Analyzed, made recommendations, and provided technical support to continuously improve divisional manufacturing projects and processes.
- Served as a data analyst dealing with real-time manufacturing data on production, planning, supply chain, and quality.
- Created and manage inventory and resource management system, using a large amount of data apply statistical models, and provided insights.
- Published and managed dashboard creation and data visualization for resource utilization and inventory management.
- Served as a subject matter expert in statistical process control activities, Kaizen, and root cause analysis.
- Conducted in-plant tests in advance to assure unit testing and avoid unplanned overhead costs.
- Designed and performed experiments to evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes or methods.
Data Analyst | Automation Expert
Online Freelance Agency
- Delivered solutions for multiple clients all over the world on data analysis, dashboard preparation, and automation.
- Implemented the Lean methodology and statistical process control tools on different cost-saving projects.
- Worked on the real estate data analysis and prediction of foreclosure of the properties to support the client's buy-sell option.
- Conducted exploratory data analysis, created dashboards, automated MS Office and Google Sheets, and used MS Access and MySQL to integrate an inventory management system.
- Took on some secondary projects in composite imagery creation and website automated updates and scraping, SharePoint-based weekly status, and storyboard creation.
- Created a dashboard using raw data and calculations and reported generation, data mining, and web scraping.
Tata Consultancy Services
- Designed and drafted Airbus A380 electrical harness.
- Performed data extraction and automation from Catia using Visual Basic.
- Automated draft drawing using Fortran and Catia V4.
Real Estate Data Prediction
Excel Consultant and Implementer
Contractual identification using dictionary words, maintaining and applying to the positions using a suitable profile. I automated the system to do the same.
Portfolio Generation Dashboards
Engine Health Montoring
DataQuality Monitoring for Google
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python, SQL, Python 3, Google Apps Script
Scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, REST APIs
Looker, Jira, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Seaborn, Excel 2013, Office 2010, CATIA, Periscope, Impala, BigQuery
Data Science, Business Intelligence (BI), Agile Project Management
Jupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Google Cloud, Redshift, PostgreSQL
Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Data Visualization, Exploratory Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Google BigQuery, Data-driven Decision-making, Dashboards, Statistics, Data Scientist, Reports, Data Engineering, Heatmaps, Classification, Decision Trees, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Office 365, Outlook, Deep Learning, Planning, Lean Manufacturing, Data Wrangling, Business Analysis, IT Business Analysis, Reporting, Process Improvement, Mechanical Engineering, Statistical Process Control Tools, Design, Data Build Tool (dbt), Product Analytics, A/B Testing, Data Quality, People Management, Google Data Studio, Google Colaboratory (Colab), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Decision Modeling, JSON REST APIs, APIs, Artificial Intelligence (AI), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Master's Degree in Data Science
Liverpool John Moores University - Liverpool, United Kingdom
Postgraduate Diploma in Data Science
International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore - Bangalore, India
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Amrita School of Engineering - Kollam, Kerala
Data Science Specialization
Data Analysis and Visualization Using Python
Tableau Software, LLC
Tableau Software, LLC.
Data Science Professional Certification
IBM (via Coursera)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring